Freepik 50% off (14 hours to go)

edited May 2021 in General

Just seen this randomly:

https://freepik.com/profile/preagreement/premium_campaign2?coupon=mayflash

They usually go for 30% off for 1 year or 50% over a 2 years period. This is 50% off over 1 year.

Edit: non-recurring as with all their offers

Comments

• Never used them, do they have a decent amount of content?

• @Lee said:
    Never used them, do they have a decent amount of content?

Definitely but they usually run many offers true not 50% off + but there are decent amount of free items. But for the price not bad. It depends of the usage i have had one year the premium but on the end of the day i do not need too many items so not sure if is worth. Good offer depends of the needs i guess .

Thanked by (2)flips Lee

Dentistry is my passion

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited May 2021

@Lee
    In general, I liked the resources from Freepik and Flaticon but their licensing imho just is not worth it for me. If they didn't change that you can use one graphic only in a single project (not in multiple projects) which can be very limiting when you have to resort to other graphics (maybe of less quality/less fitting) just because you can't re-use them. There was also some issue with the "don't use our resources as the main item of your design" kinda thing, which also put me off. For example, why have "logos" if you can't use them, because, obviously, they would probably still be the main part of the design in that case if you created a logo for a client (even if you changed text/colors). I'd probably rather use Envato, Depositphotos (appsumo 100 downloads, 100€ special every once in a while) or some others.

Tl;dr: Even though their resources are of good quality, the licensing turn(ed) me off in the past and I don't feel comfortable using their resources, even as a paying client, let alone in a commercial way.

Edit: Checked. Still the same bs: "You are allowed to use Freepik images as the main element of the final product if you are working for one specific client and you will not be allowed to use the same image again for another project/client."

Logo thing also reads annoying (see spoiler):

Logo usage
    Users are not authorized to use Freepik resources fully or partially to create logotypes as our images cannot be associated to trademarks, real businesses and organizations.

Please note that all our images have copyright, that belongs to Freepik and which we do not sell, so you cannot legally register them or use them to represent a brand. Also, any user is free to download exactly the same resource, which means that more than one person could be using the same logotype, and that is not possible since the logotypes are unique, registered images.

You can use our logo resources as an inspiration for a design, as part of an design not associated to a logo, as an avatar for a forum or community or as a demo for a catalogue, among other usages.

Please note that this applies to both free and premium members.

Thanked by (1)Lee
  • Yeah, weird licenses but I love their vector based pics. I use them on presentations and my personal website without attribution (because of the license, also some pics are not in their free offering).

For 50% off I’m fine going with them but I wouldn’t personally pay more than that.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@sgheghele said:
    Yeah, weird licenses but I love their vector based pics. I use them on presentations and my personal website without attribution (because of the license, also some pics are not in their free offering).

For 50% off I’m fine going with them but I wouldn’t personally pay more than that.

Yeah, for personal projects it should be okay with the premium license, I guess :)
    Especially presentations and the like. For commercial or frequent use I'd feel too limited by the terms. Wouldn't pay more than that either :P I agree, they have some nice graphics, though.

• Yeah, pretty odd, will skip it.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • BlaZeBlaZe Hosting ProviderOG

No lifetime = no buy even at 50%

Thanked by (1)Ympker

ExoticVM.com - Find VPS in exotic locations!

@BlaZe said:
    No lifetime = no buy even at 50%

That's my man :D

Thanked by (1)BlaZe
  • I use them a lot, in my experience you cant find anything better for the price.

The license is quite common, all they want to prevent is, that you re-sell the photos (etc) instead of using them for your own work. Thats ok for me and doesnt limit any of my use cases - typically illustrating articles, presentations, marketing material, websites etc.

A lifetime offer is impossible in this case - their businessmodel works like spotify - they share the monthly fee with all the creators you downloaded content from in that month. so they need income _every _ month. (and yes, that results in just some pennies per item for the authors).

Thanked by (1)sgheghele

@someTom said:
    I use them a lot, in my experience you cant find anything better for the price.

The license is quite common, all they want to prevent is, that you re-sell the photos (etc) instead of using them for your own work. Thats ok for me and doesnt limit any of my use cases - typically illustrating articles, presentations, marketing material, websites etc.

A lifetime offer is impossible in this case - their businessmodel works like spotify - they share the monthly fee with all the creators you downloaded content from in that month. so they need income _every _ month. (and yes, that results in just some pennies per item for the authors).

Fair enough. Like I said, for personal projects this may very well be finde (on discount) but for commercial use for clients I'd rather use different services. The content provided is good, regardless.

• edited May 2021

@Ympker any alternatives worth mentioning? I don’t know of any. Either super expensive, see Fotolia/Adobe Stock, or low quality/hard to find gems, see public domain services or attribution required services.

I find this offer to be very nice for those interested in Freepik. Never seen a so low price for it.

@sgheghele said:
    @Ympker any alternatives worth mentioning? I don’t know of any. Either super expensive, see Fotolia/Adobe Stock, or low quality/hard to find gems, see public domain services or attribution required services.

I find this offer to be very nice for those interested in Freepik. Never seen a so low price for it.

Have a look at Envato Elements, DepositPhotos (grab some 100 downloads for 100€ deal on Appsumo), YAYImages (Appsumo 69$, 1000 download credits), VectorGrove and others :)

Thanked by (1)sgheghele