AnyNode VPS Customers Moving To BuyVM

FranciscoFrancisco Hosting ProviderOG
edited May 2021 in General

This email was sent out early this morning.

Some extra tidbits:

• BuyVM Miami will be live in the coming weeks.
  • All prices, credits, currently paid period, and recurring renewal pricing, are fully honored in the move over.
  • Most goodies are includes (slabs, bgp, directadmin, softaculous, etc).
  • We get to yeet OpenVZ for a 2nd time.

AnyNode VPS Customers Moving To BuyVM

After much discussions and deliberation internally, we’ve decided to partner with BuyVM (Frantech Solutions) to acquire all AnyNode VPS accounts. BuyVM is a well established provider in the hosting space and a long time partner of AnyNode’s - providing us with bandwidth in our Las Vegas location.

This move means a higher quality of service for VPS customers, a new VPS management panel, access to new add-ons like DDoS protected IPs, and much more. Features we already offer, like free DirectAdmin licenses and BGP sessions are also available at BuyVM.

This decision stems from a falling out we had with developers building our new in-house VPS panel. Things weren’t progressing as we expected and it effectively left us starting over on development. We feel this move leaves our VPS customers in even more capable hands and allows us to focus on other parts of the company.

In order to facilitate this move, there is manual action required on your part. VPS’s will be recreated at BuyVM, including an IP address change. Please read the instructions below carefully to request your new VPS.

This applies to all AnyNode VPS customers (KVM, OpenVZ Wedge). Las Vegas VPS’s will be recreated immediately, Miami VPS’s will be recreated in the coming weeks - or you can request a move to Las Vegas to have a new BuyVM VPS recreated immediately.

All AnyNode VPS’s will be shut down by August 1st, 2021.

Important Instructions

1 - Create An Account With BuyVM

VPS customers must create an account at BuyVM (if you don’t already have one). We will not be migrating customer details or logins, you must create an account at https://my.frantech.ca/register.php

Use real information when signing up to avoid being denied by the fraud detection system.

Please use the same email you use at AnyNode when creating the account to make it easier to verify you.

2 - Open A Billing Ticket And Request A Move OR Account Credit

Open a ticket with BuyVM’s billing department. In this ticket please tell them whether you’d like to have a new service provisioned with the same specifications as your current plan, or if you’d like an account credit.

You must include the IP address(es) of your current AnyNode VPS(‘s).

Ticket Subjects:

AnyNode Migration - [IP.Address]

AnyNode Migration - Account Credit

3 - A New VM Will Be Created At BuyVM - OR Account Credits Assigned

After verifying the details, BuyVM will create a VPS to the same specifications as your current AnyNode plan and provide a free month of service for you to migrate your data. You will be assigned a new IP address for the VM.

If you’ve selected the account credit option, the remaining time on your current AnyNode VPS(‘s) will be calculated as a credit and applied to your BuyVM account.

4 - All AnyNode VPS’s Will Be Terminated August 1st

Important - If you have a recurring payment setup with Paypal for your AnyNode VPS, you must login to Paypal and cancel it yourself.

If you do not follow the above steps to request a new VPS at BuyVM, all AnyNode hosted VPS’s will go offline on August 1st, 2021. So please get a head start on this and get your new VPS provisioned with BuyVM to avoid service interruption.

Service-Specific Notices

OpenVZ Wedges

BuyVM does not offer OpenVZ plans, so OpenVZ VPS customers who choose to migrate their service will be provisioned with a similar specification KVM VPS instead of an OpenVZ one.

OpenVZ Resellers

BuyVM does not have a reseller system in place, but may be able to provide some options to resellers. Please reach out to BuyVM’s sales department via ticket to discuss these options.

Dedicated, Managed & IP Resource Customers

There are no changes to AnyNode Dedicated, Managed or IP Resource customers - this change only impacts VPS plans.

From the team here at AnyNode, we just want to say thank you for your patronage and trust in us over the years. This transition was a tough decision for us to make, but we truly feel this is the best path forward for AnyNode and that you’ll be in even better hands with a new VPS at BuyVM.

Regards,

AnyNode Team

Tagged:

Comments

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

nice to be taken in by BuyVM. pity that anynode panel didn't work out, it looks great but doesn't work.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Hey, congrats (or something like that) to everyone involved. Anynode customers, you will be in good hands.

Fran, will BuyVM anycast users have to add the Miami site once it is up? Of course that may be a welcome thing, but either way it's something to deal with.

• FranciscoFrancisco Hosting ProviderOG

@willie said:
    Hey, congrats (or something like that) to everyone involved. Anynode customers, you will be in good hands.

Fran, will BuyVM anycast users have to add the Miami site once it is up? Of course that may be a welcome thing, but either way it's something to deal with.

Yes, we'll give a 90 day notice to all Anycast users that they must get a service in MIA otherwise they'll have a brown out in that area.

We're working quickly to get turned up over there ASAP.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: We get to yeet OpenVZ

Is yeeting some sort of Canadian habit?

@tetech said:

@Francisco said: We get to yeet OpenVZ

Is yeeting some sort of Canadian habit?

Friend of mine introduced me to the word last year and i've overused it since.

LEAVE FRAN ALONE

Francisco

Thanked by (4)tetech mikho skorous berkay
  • @Francisco said:

@willie said:

Yes, we'll give a 90 day notice to all Anycast users that they must get a service in MIA otherwise they'll have a brown out in that area.

How about configuring some internal routing, so that users can have a subset of the locations?

From Fly.io architecture: "When we receive a connection on one of those IPs, we match it back to an active customer application, and then proxy the TCP connection to the closest available microVM."

In the case of BuyVM anycast, it would be:
    when we receive a packet at any of our locations, we forward the packet to the closest Slice.

Performance wouldn't be great because of triangle routing, but anycast would help with high availability.

Thanked by (1)tetech

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• tetechtetech OG
    edited May 2021

@yoursunny said:

@Francisco said:

@willie said:

How about configuring some internal routing, so that users can have a subset of the locations?

From Fly.io architecture: "When we receive a connection on one of those IPs, we match it back to an active customer application, and then proxy the TCP connection to the closest available microVM."

In the case of BuyVM anycast, it would be:
    when we receive a packet at any of our locations, we forward the packet to the closest Slice.

Performance wouldn't be great because of triangle routing, but anycast would help with high availability.

That would be cool.

• @Francisco said: BuyVM Miami will be live in the coming weeks.

Yipee, I've been waiting for this! Way to go Pony.

Thanked by (1)Francisco

@rajprakash said:

@Francisco said: BuyVM Miami will be live in the coming weeks.

Yipee, I've been waiting for this! Way to go Pony.

I'm excited for it :) I'm sad Slabs won't be available in the initial roll out, but oh well.

Francisco

• from OGF:

@Francisco said:

@angstrom said: Karen must have her hands full

Absolutely. She's on

Francisco

😁🍻

congrats and best of luck

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • Just got switched, was super quick and the new box is great so far 💪

Thanked by (1)Francisco
  • 🥺🥺🥺 Francisco any offers for LES, especially in Lux ?

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
    edited May 2021

got mine provisioned so quickly. looks exactly same as before I think :) with a powerful panel.

actually wanted to upgrade to the $30/4GB but waiting till the panel works, a huge pity now!

Thanked by (1)Francisco

@deepak_leb said:
    🥺🥺🥺 Francisco any offers for LES, especially in Lux ?

We don't even have enough bandwidth to support the location as it currently is, nevermind when the rest of the gear is online. The fibers are basically on fire. GTT has given me the LOA's to get things lit, so I'm just finishing up with luxconnect to get the XC's :) We're so damn close.

I think the closest thing to an offer we will ever make is if we relist some of these plans if we have any stock spare on the nodes we provision for Anynode. I don't expect much, especially with what some of the OVZ resellers are wanting.

@cybertech said:
    got mine provisioned so quickly. looks exactly same as before I think :) with a powerful panel.

actually wanted to upgrade to the $30/4GB but waiting till the panel works, a huge pity now!

Let me know if you need any help with anything :) Stallion should have most of your needs without issue.

Francisco

Thanked by (1)cybertech
    edited May 2021

who needs help when there's stallion? it's got ISOs from one month ago :p

@cybertech said:

I don't know if that's a jab or not :P

Anyway, yes, the ISO uploader is awesome.

Francisco

@Francisco said:

@cybertech said:

Francisco

of course not, it's a sincere compliment

• lgsinlgsin OG
    edited May 2021

Thanks for honoring anynode specs & pricing. After opening a ticket which was processed really fast, now I have a super affordable kvm with access to the awesome stallion panel.

Thanked by (1)Francisco

@lgsin said:
    Thanks for honoring anynode specs & pricing. After opening a ticket which was processed really fast, now I have a super affordable kvm with access to the awesome stallion panel.

I'd appreciate any & all ideas/feedback for Stallion as well :)

Francisco

@cybertech said:

@Francisco said:

@cybertech said:

Francisco

of course not, it's a sincere compliment

Sweet.

Well, you can always upload your own too!

Francisco

Thanked by (1)cybertech
  • :/ I appreciate your efforts. Hope to see something interesting on future

IPv6 hall of fame. Easy to assign from Stallion.

-------------------------------------------------
     nench.sh v2019.07.20 -- https://git.io/nench.sh
     benchmark timestamp:    2021-05-30 01:24:08 UTC

Processor:    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 v2 @ 2.60GHz
    CPU cores:    1
    Frequency:    2599.998 MHz
    RAM:          1.9Gi
    Swap:         3.0Gi
    Kernel:       Linux 5.12.8-051208-generic x86_64

Disks:
    loop0     55M  HDD
    loop1     69M  HDD
    loop2   27.1M  HDD
    loop3   55.4M  HDD
    loop4   32.1M  HDD
    loop5   70.3M  HDD
    vda     30G  HDD

CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB
        4.210 seconds
    CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB
        6.898 seconds
    CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB
        2.507 seconds

ioping: seek rate
        min/avg/max/mdev = 74.2 us / 151.8 us / 11.7 ms / 200.1 us
    ioping: sequential read speed
        generated 8.11 k requests in 5.00 s, 1.98 GiB, 1.62 k iops, 405.4 MiB/s

dd: sequential write speed
        1st run:    515.94 MiB/s
        2nd run:    545.50 MiB/s
        3rd run:    464.44 MiB/s
        average:    508.63 MiB/s

IPv4 speedtests
        your IPv4:    

Cachefly CDN:         99.80 MiB/s
        Leaseweb (NL):        1.64 MiB/s
        Softlayer DAL (US):   6.78 MiB/s
        Online.net (FR):      6.04 MiB/s
        OVH BHS (CA):         6.12 MiB/s

IPv6 speedtests
        your IPv6:    

Leaseweb (NL):        16.43 MiB/s
        Softlayer DAL (US):   43.47 MiB/s
        Online.net (FR):      14.58 MiB/s
        OVH BHS (CA):         25.41 MiB/s

edited May 2021

Make sure to try out the routed /48 ;)

Francisco

Thanked by (2)yoursunny miegl
  • joepie91joepie91 OGServices Provider

Wow. That leaves me wondering just how badly things went with the custom panel :(

@joepie91 said:
    Wow. That leaves me wondering just how badly things went with the custom panel :(

As they said they basically had to start fresh and didn't want to do that.

Past that no idea.

I'm just here to help out where I can :)

Francisco

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG
    edited June 2021

It probably feels like a long-lost relative is coming back to live with you then @Francisco ? AnyNode swallowed Hostigation (the spelling of that always messed with my head so might be wrong) iirc and you knew Tim quite well? is he doing ok? I used to speak to him a lot on irc YEARS ago.

Feels a bit full circle I bet.

Thanked by (1)angstrom

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

@InceptionHosting said:
    It probably feels like a long-lost relative is coming back to live with you then @Francisco ? AnyNode swallowed Hostigation (the spelling of that always messed with my head so might be wrong) iirc and you knew Tim quite well? is he doing ok? I used to speak to him a lot on irc YEARS ago.

Tim got fed up with hosting many years ago and went back to truck driving. I touch base with him on Facebook once in a while. He posts pictures of his travels, his truck, etc. Hes been doing it for 4 - 5 years now? So it must still be fun!

Francisco

Thanked by (1)mikho
  • mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@Francisco said:

@InceptionHosting said:

Tim got fed up with hosting many years ago and went back to truck driving. I touch base with him on Facebook once in a while. He posts pictures of his travels, his truck, etc. Hes been doing it for 4 - 5 years now? So it must still be fun!

Francisco

Next time, tell him we all miss him.

Thanked by (3)seriesn joepie91 Francisco

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• @Francisco said:

@lgsin said:

Francisco

Stallion looks great and the "whispers" from VM status indication are intriguing.
    Here are a few ideas/suggestions:

• Allow adding ssh key when using Reinstall
      A function in Anynode's control panel.

• Make "Network settings" more obvious
      Currently, it's in networking => IPv4/IPv6 => gear button => Network settings. For a first time user, it took a few more seconds to figure. It would be more obvious if Network settings/info is a info button next to gear button.

• Adjust description inside Reinstall
      Inside the blue "div" under Reinstall, the text reads:

About these templates
      Debian Based Official OpenVZ Templates
      Ubuntu Based Official OpenVZ Templates

Currently buyvm doesn't offer openvz VPS so I guess it's just written long ago. Might be a good idea to update it.

• Display what iso is mounted, and whether is from ISO library or user uploaded ISO

Thanked by (1)angstrom

@lgsin said:

@Francisco said:

@lgsin said:

Francisco

Stallion looks great and the "whispers" from VM status indication are intriguing.
    Here are a few ideas/suggestions:

A function in Anynode's control panel.

Currently, it's in networking => IPv4/IPv6 => gear button => Network settings. For a first time user, it took a few more seconds to figure. It would be more obvious if Network settings/info is a info button next to gear button.

Inside the blue "div" under Reinstall, the text reads:

About these templates
      Debian Based Official OpenVZ Templates
      Ubuntu Based Official OpenVZ Templates

Currently buyvm doesn't offer openvz VPS so I guess it's just written long ago. Might be a good idea to update it.

• Display what iso is mounted, and whether is from ISO library or user uploaded ISO

Noted! We're looking to integrate cloud-init fully and SSH keys will be in that, just in the thinking/designing phase.

I'll see what I can come up with. The modal was a 'good enough for now' solution while I tried to think of a better way to display the information.

The reinstall page is going to get restructured to use the same layout as the CD-ROM page, I just haven't completed it yet.

• About these templates

Good call, I'll fix the category names :)

Also a good call and one I've been meaning to add since we rolled out the new CD-ROM page.

Francisco

Thanked by (1)lgsin