Vote on apewebs next location.

ApeWebApeWeb Hosting Provider
edited May 2021 in General

Hello, We thought that it might be a good idea to let the community vote on our next location. The hardware is built and ready to be sent but we haven't decided on which DC/country to use yet.

The main choice is between the UK and Norway possibly the Czech Republic.
More will be going to Moldova in the coming months but these are ssd/nvme nodes so not best suited for that location.

We have received reasonable quotes from all the listed locations but would want to send all servers to just the one as it is most cost effective for us.

Pricing would look something like this. All plans include unmetered bandwidth.

(No guarantee we send it where is voted for as there are other factors but it is likely)
There is a bug causing the first entry not to show up so I have had to put UK in twice.

Next location
  1. UK42 votes
    1. UK
      16.67%
    2. Norway
      38.10%
    3. Czech Republic
      35.71%
    4. More in Poland
        9.52%
Thanked by (1)visualwebtechno
Tagged:

Comments

• We need more affordable hosting in Norway, if you are able to compete with the providerrs already here. Look at servetheworld and webhuset, and ignore terrahost, they are shit

• Luna location should be priority.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• ApeWebApeWeb Hosting Provider

@Kaffekopp said:
    We need more affordable hosting in Norway, if you are able to compete with the providerrs already here. Look at servetheworld and webhuset, and ignore terrahost, they are shit

Out of interest what is wrong with terrahost? on paper at least they seem to have a better network than servetheowrld and webhuset.

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited May 2021

@Kaffekopp said:
    We need more affordable hosting in Norway, if you are able to compete with the providerrs already here. Look at servetheworld and webhuset, and ignore terrahost, they are shit

I can partially agree on IPv6, which died like 5+ times, for a few hours, randomly.
    But IPv4 is stable.

Get some "exotic" like PL or CZ, or even CH.

• I would choose more exotic cities at PL, there doesnt seems to be many providers offering exotic cities. But you dont do Warsaw or Gdansk

• I'm fine with PL as long as it's not OVH.

But other exotic/neighboring countries like CZ or SK would be nice too.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

more in PL. CZ is pretty exotic

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Could be more exotic like BY ?? And low end too ??

edited June 2021

@valkyrie said:
    I would choose more exotic cities at PL, there doesnt seems to be many providers offering exotic cities. But you dont do Warsaw or Gdansk

Our main location at the moment is in Warsaw but we are pretty well sold out there.

@thedp said:

As far as I know Slovakia is connected entirely through Prague so it would make little difference if it was there.

@valkyrie said:
    Could be more exotic like BY ?? And low end too ??

Funnily enough I had a semi decent quote from a provider in Minsk but given the Belarusian governments rather oppressing nature we omitted it.

Thanked by (1)valkyrie
  • @ApeWeb said:

@Kaffekopp said:

Out of interest what is wrong with terrahost? on paper at least they seem to have a better network than servetheowrld and webhuset.

Just alot of bad experiences. I also know someone there personally, and he has alot of stories to tell. Dont host anything in production there.

• CZ,
    Also a vote for Moldova restock

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

• @thedp said:
    I'm fine with PL as long as it's not OVH.

oh yea, the OVH routing is dogshit.

@Neoon said:

@thedp said:

We don't use OVH for Warsaw since we own 95% of our equipment.

Looks like it will be going to Norway and since the support for the Czech Republic the next location will likely be there.

• @ApeWeb said:

@Neoon said:

@thedp said:

We don't use OVH for Warsaw since we own 95% of our equipment.

Looks like it will be going to Norway and since the support for the Czech Republic the next location will likely be there.

https://lg.pl.apeweb.uk/

Just dropping this here for @Neoon

Thanked by (1)vimalware
  • TheDPTheDP OG
    edited June 2021

Do you only provide services in Poland?

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

@thedp said:
    Do you only provide services in Poland?

No although Poland is out biggest location. We currently have servers in the UK, Poland and Moldova.
    We only advertised our Poland offers on OGF and LES. I will put a post up about Norway/Czech Republic/Moldova when they become available.

We are totally sold out in the UK for VPS/Dedi and don't expect any more slots to come up soon. (Can still get UK cpanel though)