cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Bankruptcy/dead pool?

Comments

• There is no need to help out "those in need" that are HS customers. They deserve whatever they got.

I don't actually have an issue with cociu's method. There are plenty of people who live that way in this world.

I don't pity those who fall for such deals, either. Fools will always be fools.

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• I tried to read Cociu's "How to run a hosting business for dummies" e-book, but it kept going straight to Chapter 11.

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).
    Certified braindead since 1974 and still perfectly happy.

• @Lee said: it does seem suspicious that they had 'issues' with GTS and 'made the decision' to move to Telia now GTS is suing them for a 60k EUR debt. So it does appear that GTS was cutting them off due to unpaid debts.

Regarding that,

Was the snippet released by him.

Thanked by (1)mikewazar
  • @Rahul said:

@Lee said: it does seem suspicious that they had 'issues' with GTS and 'made the decision' to move to Telia now GTS is suing them for a 60k EUR debt. So it does appear that GTS was cutting them off due to unpaid debts.

Regarding that,

Yeah. Hard to believe.

• Does sounds like BS, but people want to believe, so they will.

Thanked by (1)bjo
  • @Lee said:
    Does sounds like BS, but people want to believe, so they will.

…and people want to Defend (him and the bs)
    So they will

Squats are the new Push-ups

• In my book, it's guilty until proven innocent.

So far, nothing says he is innocent, not one bit.

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• cociu will be back soon cociu will be back soon

• @debaser said:

@Rahul said:

@Lee said: it does seem suspicious that they had 'issues' with GTS and 'made the decision' to move to Telia now GTS is suing them for a 60k EUR debt. So it does appear that GTS was cutting them off due to unpaid debts.

Regarding that,

Yeah. Hard to believe.

Time will tell.

Anyways,

You are in the EU right ?

Does BREIN as in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BREIN

Operate in Romania too ?

Any chance of the above mentioned "smart guys" being them or their affiliates, as HS being a heaven for torrents.

• debaserdebaser OG
    edited June 2021

@Rahul said:
    Does BREIN as in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BREIN

Operate in Romania too ?

Nah, BREIN is purely Dutch. They're only interested in what is uploaded through Dutch networks. They have no interest in Romania.

Fun fact: I started out as a tech journalist and interviewed Tim Kuik a few times. You wouldn't believe it, but it's actually a pretty funny guy that's nice to talk too.

Any chance of the above mentioned "smart guys" being them or their affiliates, as HS being a heaven for torrents.

Knowing what contracts with upstream providers look like, it's hard to believe that an upstream would eavesdrop on your traffic and hand it over to a non-state organisation.

Even if (and that's a big if) they did, non-payment is not the answer. The answer would be to go straight to court.

• I am amazed by the number of people defending cociu (maybe not surprising??) and have decided to stop visiting LET for the rest of the week. Hopefully something new will come up by then. A new Racknerd location or Ryzen upgrade maybe.

Thanked by (1)ehab

• @vyas said:
    I am amazed by the number of people defending cociu (maybe not surprising??) and have decided to stop visiting LET for the rest of the week.

I think that the cociu thread on OGF is running out of steam: unless something new happens, there's really nothing more to say, and the risk is that people start repeating themselves

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• HostSlickHostSlick Hosting Provider
    edited June 2021

@Falzo said:
    @seriesn I wouldn't advertise your switcher thing or any other offer in that thread over there if I were you. all you'll get will be a shitload of torrenters and other clientele that might get your drives seized... again... #definitelynottoosoon

you MUST NOT want that kind of customers... you always say you care about the family then think about how the new ugly bad neighbours might impact them. don't go that path.

I also had some of them customers asking.
    They are indeed not the clientele you ... really want. (maybe if you need cash badly)

Some asking for the storage KVM VPS deal and wanted it even cheaper then at HostSolutions. (HostSolutions 1tb kvm vps deal at 35USD/yr)

Same guy complaining that he cant access his HostSolution vps right now and is unstable. Ehem.

• @angstrom said: unless something new happens

Thinking about dropping a nice conspiracy. How about this one?

So, because cociu's black fiber from Bucharest to Oradea is too expensive now he's single homed behind Telia in Bucharest he was silently moving all servers to Bucharest. Hence the 0.1ms latency to Bucharest. The truck these storage nodes were in while moving had an accident an that broke al 400 drives.

It could be true.

Thanked by (2)lentro mikho
  • @debaser said:

@angstrom said: unless something new happens

Thinking about dropping a nice conspiracy. How about this one?

So, because cociu's black fiber from Bucharest to Oradea is too expensive now he's single homed behind Telia in Bucharest he was silently moving all servers to Bucharest. Hence the 0.1ms latency to Bucharest. The truck these storage nodes were in while moving had an accident an that broke al 400 drives.

It could be true.

Someonw should be really crazy not to insurance their delivery if he transport all of this. Or it was mule transport

Dentistry is my passion

• @Chievo said:

Someonw should be really crazy not to insurance their delivery if he transport all of this. Or it was mule transport

Thanked by (1)VPN
  • @beagle said:

@Chievo said:

Wow pretty impressive .Yes transport group of romanian mules or romaina cirque du soleil could like in the video could explain the lost 400 ;)

Dentistry is my passion

• @HostSlick said:

@Falzo said:
    @seriesn I wouldn't advertise your switcher thing or any other offer in that thread over there if I were you. all you'll get will be a shitload of torrenters and other clientele that might get your drives seized... again... #definitelynottoosoon

you MUST NOT want that kind of customers... you always say you care about the family then think about how the new ugly bad neighbours might impact them. don't go that path.

They are indeed not the clientele you ... really want. (maybe if you need cash badly)

Some asking for the storage KVM VPS deal and wanted it even cheaper then at HostSolutions. (HostSolutions 1tb kvm vps deal at 35USD/yr)

Same guy complaining that he cant access his HostSolution vps right now and is unstable. Ehem.

Fact! I bounced hard on that pitch.

• @HostSlick said:

@Falzo said:

Jsg? @seriesn fanboy?
    If indeed him, then
    He will write a 1000 word essay on his ordering experience.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited June 2021

Yuck! After @HostSlick comment I tried to figure out who it was.

And discovered not anything interesting. But btw isn't using profanity (motherfckr...) directly against another member a violation of some rule something.. ?

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@vyas said:
    Yuck! After @HostSlick comment I tried to figure out who it was.

And discovered not anything interesting. But btw isn't using profanity (motherfckr...) directly against another member a violation of some rule something.. ?

The ”don’t be a dick” rule?

Thanked by (1)vyas

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• @HostSlick said:

It was actually 50 euro/3 years at some point, add to that the increased money you get when you top up, and its cheaper than that even.

Hey teamacc. You're a dick. (c) Jon Biloh, 2020.

• @HostSlick said: 1tb kvm vps deal at 35USD/yr

that's too much for storage anyway, regardless of the provider :-P

interesting pricing ends at $2/TB/m (servarica, hosthatch etc.) - just saying.

no shame in not going down that route though ;-)

Thanked by (3)Ympker Amitz HostSlick
  • More discreet updates.

Thanked by (1)chimichurri

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• vyasvyas OG
    edited June 2021

He wrote refund as refund
    Did he hire a copywriter?

Edit: probably used a spell checker just for that one word.

Thanked by (1)Mason

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

so.....back on track?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• when is the next top up offer? :p

• this leaves the more interesting question of how long one think it is reasonable to try to 'recuperate' customers data. especially without much comms.

instead maybe doing some kind of triage much quicker/earlier, format the disks, rebuild storage array and redeploy. as there is no sla the clients are responsible for backing up their data anyway.

but maybe it's just me who would be more happy with a fast redeployment instead of my host trying to recover shit that will be months old if it ever happens. however - not affected, not even a client, so probably easy to say ^^

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • @thedp said:

More discreet updates.

Is google translation really that expensive? There's one thing about not knowing proper grammar, but dafuq is up with that gibberish? How's that remotely professional?

• @seriesn said:

@thedp said:

More discreet updates.

Is google translation really that expensive? There's one thing about not knowing proper grammar, but dafuq is up with that gibberish? How's that remotely professional?

Have you tried to run it through Google Translate from Cocciuese to English? ;-)

Thanked by (1)seriesn
This discussion has been closed.