Spearware Networks "has" IPv6 now!

So... I've flipped the switch for IPv6 :) (months late I know) but it's here! If you're a current customer, submit a ticket and I'll assign your /64. If you're new, just order and it'll be automatically assigned.

Caveats:

• IPv6 is currently provided only via Cogent. This means that if you're trying to access either Google or someone single homed on Hurricane Electric, you will need to do it via IPv4. I'm working on figuring out a cost effective solution to resolve this issue and hope to have it fixed soon.
  • IPv6 connectivity is not perfect (see the first bullet), however if you're having an issue, submit a ticket, and I'll see what can be done.

Comments

• Looking Glass now has IPv6 enabled. https://tpa-lg.as212647.net/

Thanked by (1)Ganonk
  • ZappieZappie Hosting Provider

Good work!
    As a quick (free) and eh fix you could use HE’s tunnel broker service and announce your v6 ranges also with them?

• Congratulations <3

• SagnikSSagnikS Hosting ProviderOG

@Zappie said:
    Good work!
    As a quick (free) and eh fix you could use HE’s tunnel broker service and announce your v6 ranges also with them?

Haven't they started charging like $500/m because of abuse? :pensive:

• Next question would be, is it stable? IPv6 sometimes looks like a experimental brother of IPv4.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

Is your website Divi powered? Looking nice :)
    Glws!

• ZappieZappie Hosting Provider

@SagnikS said: Haven't they started charging like $500/m because of abuse?

Oh, you're totally right.

Ok my next suggest is to go with one of the many other tunnel brokers that all BGP (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IPv6_tunnel_brokers)

Or even simpler get a VPS with BGP support (Vultr, BuyVM etc etc) and then use a GRE tunnel to push those back to your infra. This is essentially setting up your own tunnel.

This does mean you will have extra latency to your core (depending on how that tunnel or VPS with BGP is) and also no one likes extra links in the chain for their network, after all this is all in the name of being able to reach the whole IPv6 internet.

I know the Fran for many years did this before getting native v6 in some of their BuyVM locations. wasnt perfect, wasnt pretty but works!

• @Zappie said: Or even simpler get a VPS with BGP support (Vultr, BuyVM etc etc) and then use a GRE tunnel to push those back to your infra.

I think that's what Michael tried to do (native link with Cogent + another 'router' with Vultr in Miami), but for some reason it didn't work out.

@Zappie said: I know the Fran for many years did this before getting native v6 in some of their BuyVM locations.

He still has a HE tunnel for Luxembourg which (from a customer's perspective) works well most of the time. I've had some weird issues with my shared hosting plan hosted on BuyVM some time ago which made some HTTPS (and only HTTPS) connections terminate unexpectedly and it turned out to be an MTU issue related to their tunnel as I was told.

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• @Brueggus said:

@Zappie said: Or even simpler get a VPS with BGP support (Vultr, BuyVM etc etc) and then use a GRE tunnel to push those back to your infra.

I think that's what Michael tried to do (native link with Cogent + another 'router' with Vultr in Miami), but for some reason it didn't work out.

This is correct. Vultr was blocking the tunneling for some reason, and neither myself nor my network admin could get it figured out. Going to be trying again when Fran gets Miami online.

Thanked by (1)Brueggus
  • @SWN_Michael said:

@Brueggus said:

@Zappie said: Or even simpler get a VPS with BGP support (Vultr, BuyVM etc etc) and then use a GRE tunnel to push those back to your infra.

This is correct. Vultr was blocking the tunneling for some reason, and neither myself nor my network admin could get it figured out. Going to be trying again when Fran gets Miami online.

So.. There's a chance that we'll have fully visible IPv6 (Google/HE limitations will be gone) by June 18th. fingers crossed

• @SWN_Michael said:

@SWN_Michael said:

@Brueggus said:

So.. There's a chance that we'll have fully visible IPv6 (Google/HE limitations will be gone) by June 18th. fingers crossed

Did @Francisco sell you his HE tunnel?

used condition, few scratches

j/k - Great news and good luck!

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• @Brueggus said:

@SWN_Michael said:

@SWN_Michael said:

@Brueggus said:

Did @Francisco sell you his HE tunnel?

used condition, few scratches

j/k - Great news and good luck!

Nope, something a little nicer :) You'll see soon.

• Use promo code SPEARWAREARMY for a surprise discount :) Also we might send people who use this code some stickers or pens! (US only for stickers and pens if we decide to do it)