cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Bankruptcy/dead pool?

Comments

• there's an update from Cociu on OGF

• @bdl said:
    there's an update from Cociu on OGF

Yes, indeed there is. It's hilarious watching the hissy-fits from providers (and their shillbots) slandering cociu. I wonder if they'll double down on their bs now or just stay quiet?

Thanked by (1)_MS_

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• seriesnseriesn OG
    edited June 2021

@dahartigan said:

@bdl said:

Yes, indeed there is. It's hilarious watching the hissy-fits from providers (and their shillbots) slandering cociu. I wonder if they'll double down on their bs now or just stay quiet?

My question still remains, how do you have "3000 affected customer" when you are not even announcing 3000 IP?

Thanked by (3)mikewazar corbpie lentro
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

waiting for sissy @jsg new thoughts. every long post just reinforces her PMS.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• ialexpwialexpw OGServices Provider

@dahartigan said:

@bdl said:

It's not like he didn't do anything wrong though?

Syuh - sftp, rsync & rclone accessible storage from 50GB to TBs.

• @cybertech said:
    waiting for sissy @jsg new thoughts. every long post just reinforces her PMS.

He's busy having a major orgasm right now I bet..

Thanked by (1)cybertech
  • @seriesn said:

@dahartigan said:

@bdl said:

My question still remains, how do you have "3000 affected customer" when you are not even announcing 3000 IP?

I'm not sure, I don't really take cociu too literally - we're talking about a man who speaks his own made up language lol.

I respect you, so the best I can do is to speculate also. First, I'd have to assume that 3000 IPs not being announced is a fact, which means it's unlikely that he meant he has 3000 services if each uses 1 IP. Maybe he has 3000 services that includes active AND cancelled? Perhaps he means he has 3000 or so customers in his WHMCS? Maybe he flat out made up the number of customers he has? He wouldn't be the first business to do something like that lol.

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• @ialexpw said:

@dahartigan said:

@bdl said:

It's not like he didn't do anything wrong though?

He did plenty wrong..

He first fucked up by allowing his drives to become involucrated in the first place, but that could be forgiven.
    He then fucked up by not communicating frequently enough.
    He proceeded to then fuck up further by back dating an announcement.
    His biggest mistake is that he fucked up MASSIVELY by hoping for some compassion and empathy from the community.

so he's selling some hardware and can only make 400x 1TB storage plans. how's he gonna improve those ?

• @cybertech said: how's he gonna improve those ?

They should be uninvolucrated

edited June 2021

@dahartigan said:

@cybertech said: how's he gonna improve those ?

They should be uninvolucrated

but how's he gonna ensure it doesn't happen again? before the storage died the Iops were so bad it was unusable too.

• seriesnseriesn OG
    edited June 2021

@dahartigan said: Maybe he flat out made up the number of customers he has

You see, that's where my issue is sir. Lying and deceiving. The Lack of transparency.

Selling live IP and hardware, without communicating with the customers. Being able to send sales email, but not sending issue email. Silently deleting customers tickets. False promises.

Very very anti consumer.

His biggest mistake is that he fucked up MASSIVELY by hoping for some compassion and empathy from the community.

Community was extremely graceful, till he did the above things I just mentioned. Till that time, it was all "yeah, it is cociu, nothing new, yadayada"

• @seriesn said:

You see, that's where my issue is sir. Lying and deceiving. The Lack of transparency.

Selling live IP and hardware, without communicating with the customers. Being able to send sales email, but not sending issue email. Silently deleting customers tickets. False promises.

Very very anti consumer.

Community was extremely graceful, till he did the above things I just mentioned. Till that time, it was all "yeah, it is cociu, nothing new, yadayada"

If you are bored, you should tag jsg with these comments. While what you say is factual and logical, you will see more appreciation on OGF. Cheers

Thanked by (2)Falzo mikho
  • @vyas said:

@seriesn said:

Very very anti consumer.

If you are bored, you should tag jsg with these comments. While what you say is factual and logical, you will see more appreciation on OGF. Cheers

No thanks.

Thanked by (1)vimalware

@seriesn said:

@vyas said:

@seriesn said:

Very very anti consumer.

No thanks.

Thanked by (1)Falzo

• @seriesn said:

@vyas said:

@seriesn said:

Very very anti consumer.

No thanks.

Default, then?

Thanked by (1)Falzo
  • @vyas said:

@seriesn said:

@vyas said:

@seriesn said:

Very very anti consumer.

No thanks.

Default, then?

Best. Addon. Ever. Made.

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• @seriesn said:

Very very anti consumer.

I see those all as issues too, but probably from a different perspective. The IP thing I don't understand from a customer perspective, I assume since the servers were down that they weren't accessible anyway so the IP ownership transfer would not have impacted me. I will always agree that his communication is shit, that's cociu's USP. The sales email for the Ryzen was definitely a shock, and for me as his customer I thought it was strange but not untoward as such. Not sending issue emails falls under his shitty communication. The tickets being deleted sounds horrible but we both know how some people love creating tickets for the sake of it and cociu has made it clear in the past that he doesn't handle tickets well. False promises I agree on too, not cool.

I personally don't think the community was graceful at all, in fact, I believe that thread will serve as an excellent reference of everybody's character - and graceful is not the word I'd use to describe that display.

I seem to have a set of opinions that go against the grain of the majority of people when it comes to the cociu involucration. The main one is that I don't see him as a scammer and nor has he deadpooled. The second tangential opinion that it's unprofessional for a business to slander another business in public.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

Can... not... resist...

Thanked by (2)ehab Demindiro

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @Brueggus said:

@vyas said:

@seriesn said:

@vyas said:

@seriesn said:

Very very anti consumer.

No thanks.

Default, then?

Best. Addon. Ever. Made.

nah, you're missing out on all the drama.

it's like ping pong. obviously the moment cociu commented anything on that matter, the few still holding onto the idea of him getting it sorted will jump straight in and trying to manifest on that position.

I believe he got called up via phone and someone managed to get through to him with concerns about the public picture drawn with ip auction and hardware selling. and only that made him come back and comment, otherwise it would still be silent.
    however he still does not show real efforts in correcting the image that got drawn by all speculations. I mean, seriously, where is the problem, to clarify on what system really have been used and where affected? maybe add some pictures?

his arguments and comments are very weak... at best. and if he does not manage to refund on monday? what's gonna happen then? the next 4 weeks of silence. yeah sure, will totally work out...

I'd side with @Lee here, saying that it just looks another attempt to buy more time for... whatever.

and if he really wants to stay in the market and only getting rid of the storage/cheapskates, hell, that could even work, considering that he's quite far away and nobody is going to sue him there. uniwebhosting did some shady stuff with reselling hetzner servers, didn't refund and lost their paypal and still where in the server market for quite some time after that whole shitshow.

so maybe it wasn't intentional from HS side? but that would make him simply a dumb person in regards to running a business. no desaster plan, no communication skills, far from any reliability. scam or dumb - pick one.

Thanked by (1)chocolateshirt
  • @dahartigan said:

@seriesn said:

Very very anti consumer.

I see those all as issues too, but probably from a different perspective. The IP thing I don't understand from a customer perspective, I assume since the servers were down that they weren't accessible anyway so the IP ownership transfer would not have impacted me. I will always agree that his communication is shit, that's cociu's USP. The sales email for the Ryzen was definitely a shock, and for me as his customer I thought it was strange but not untoward as such. Not sending issue emails falls under his shitty communication. The tickets being deleted sounds horrible but we both know how some people love creating tickets for the sake of it and cociu has made it clear in the past that he doesn't handle tickets well. False promises I agree on too, not cool.

I personally don't think the community was graceful at all, in fact, I believe that thread will serve as an excellent reference of everybody's character - and graceful is not the word I'd use to describe that display.

I seem to have a set of opinions that go against the grain of the majority of people when it comes to the cociu involucration. The main one is that I don't see him as a scammer and nor has he deadpooled. The second tangential opinion that it's unprofessional for a business to slander another business in public.

Will you defend me, in public, if I pulled the same anti consumer bs with never ending fake promises, also implemented a “magic tunnel” which would give you 300 ms ping to node, hosted in “Melbourne” from your local ISP, but only 1 ms ping from LA?

I just need to know my backup plan and who got my back, if shit ever goes south.

Not a jab at you brother. I admire the positive support that you, default and mao provided to HS. Really admirable. But would the same courtesy apply to all the other providers? If it does, the standard and bar is extremely low. Basically a single guys on Valentine’s Day, hopping bars 😂.

• @seriesn said:

he would. unless you sling mud against another provider on it's way down... oh, wait.

• @seriesn said:

@dahartigan said:

@seriesn said:

Will you defend me, in public, if I pulled the same anti consumer bs

I would drink the kool-aid because I've seen the extent you're willing to go for your customers, even the ones that game your promos, like myself.

Thanked by (2)seriesn chocolateshirt
  • @seriesn said:
    Will you defend me, in public, if I pulled the same anti consumer bs with never ending fake promises, also implemented a “magic tunnel” which would give you 300 ms ping to node, hosted in “Melbourne” from your local ISP, but only 1 ms ping from LA?

That would be Brisbane, CA. :) (named after Brisbane, QLD)

Thanked by (1)dahartigan
  • MasonMason AdministratorOG

@dahartigan said:

@bdl said:

Well.... right now it's like the boy who cried wolf involucrated. He's offered updates before in that thread where promises were made, but not kept. First they were gonna repair/replace the drives by an unspecified monday, then they were gonna get everything fixed and offer refunds/service extensions, now it's the same story with a different target date. Words words and more words.

I get that he's not trying to run away with a bag of money. He still has services up and running that weren't affected by all this. But by not being transparent about the IP range he sold off, the servers and drives being sold, and just completely avoiding all communication in general... you really can't blame people for letting their imagination run wild given the severe lack of transparency in all this. Marius being radio silent directly contributed to that.

I hope Marius bounces back from this. I hope my storage VM comes back online as I've been very content with the service that I've been provided, I don't even care about getting my data back, a refund, or a service extension. But I seriously hope he takes all this as a lesson to be more transparent in the future (even if it's really bad news). Only way to avoid something like this happening again is to pass off regular updates to someone who can communicate effectively (i.e. MikePT) to avoid all this speculation.

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• @bdl said:

@seriesn said:

That would be Brisbane, CA. :) (named after Brisbane, QLD)

God damn it.

Thanked by (2)chocolateshirt bdl
  • Do I want to know what the new update says?

I do see that one of my two 1tb storage plans (the same one as before) is still up. So there's that.

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@willie said:
    Do I want to know what the new update says?

I do see that one of my two 1tb storage plans (the same one as before) is still up. So there's that.

Can’t help you there. My adblocker blocks everything except the thread titles on the first page.
    Helps me resist going back there.

Thanked by (2)chocolateshirt bdl

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• edited June 2021

@willie said:
    Do I want to know what the new update says?

Hello All ,

I have not connected in the last days because i am focused in calculate the impact of storage plans affected (not all was affected like many sugest here) , we had 3000 clients afected in this shit so we have decided to make a total (calculate the remain month prepayed ) so the total is 39679 dollars. After know the amount what we need to return we have decided to make refund to all this clients for the prepayed months. I know the comunication was not my strong way ... but like i have told always we have a linmited people here so i have focused in nubers and find a way to not close this business because i have dedicated 9 years of my life in this. So what we have decided is refund this money to the clients (we will start from monday) , only to the affected clients . After some month after this will calm down this clients who will be refunded will have the posibility to buy a new storage plan and get 1 year for free (you can pay only 1 month and we will give 1 year free like compensation) . In the next 3 days we will also recreate 400 vps of 1tb with the hdd what we have recuperate from the old storage rack to the clients who expressed told us to recreate and was not ask for refund.

Also i will ask to some questions :

1) no we do not close , never planned this was a incident and i have not been prepared for this.
    2) some people acuse us for sell 193 prefix ... yes i sell it in order to get money to buy new hdd wich is 2x more expensive this days , we have plenty ips so we have sell the spamed one in order to keep the clear ones. We operate with multiple company and in everyone we have get /22 from RIPE some years ago so we have plenty ips unused so i have decided to sell in order to get cash asap to mantain hostsolutions up and refund the clients affected.

3) Thanks to all who personally call me to ask if is all ok , to mention a message who told us about olx.ro as hi tink we sell the hardware too ... i do this in the last 10 years so no worry the servers wich is for production is for production and was not sell.

4) Sorry to this comunity for my absence but in this period i am not in my best feeling after this incident so with the resource what i have i try to find a middle solution.

5) no we will not close , we will not rebrend , we will not dissaper , the clients with dedicated servers or with any other service active can confirm we had zero downtime this period.

I wil keep connect here to give some news until we will finish the refund process.

6) in order to do this process fast we will delete 1500 tikets (sorry but have people who have opened more than 10 tikets ) and if you still need to open a tiket please proceed , if is related to the incident and you need to have the service recreated please reopen a tiket if not you will be refunded automatically. (please note we can recreate only 400 vps so the first come first serve)

Thanks all.

• serverianserverian Hosting Provider

That jsg guy is a lost cause really.

This discussion has been closed.