Best VPN CM deal?

InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG
edited December 2019 in Requests

Sorry for editing the thread, I realized a better question would be, do you have any CM offer VPN suggestions?

https://inceptionhosting.com
Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited December 2019

Didn't know you were into VPN Services. Anyway, the usual:

Ivacy 5 years for 12$ with BFSAVE40 on Stacksocial.

VPNUnlimited Lifetime for 24$ish on Stacksocial with BFSAVE40

Windscribe 3 years (a bit more expensive).

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@Ympker which one is the best?

edited December 2019

@AnthonySmith said:
    @Ympker which one is the best?

Gotta hand it to Windscribe.
    Windscribe's featureset is just great :) You can configure your own ROBERT ( https://windscribe.com/features/robert ) and much more. No more lifetime though. Other than that I don't think Ivacy and VPNUnlimited are much of a difference performance wise. Perhaps, VPNUnlimited is a bit better but can be a pita with the 5 devices limit where you need to remove an old device if exceeding. Ivacy and the rest just counts concurrent devices (could be 20 different ones). If it's just streaming you wanna unblock, Ivacy is probably the one with the most options and most convenient browser extension. All unblock Flix. FastestVPN is the budget version of Ivacy and a bit more buggy. Anything specific you are looking for (a specific use case)?

Thanked by (2)Ouji poisson
  • I would say windscribe to be honest

• Also if you go onto windscribe's website and ask there automated support robot for a free trial he will give you a code to try out pro.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@Adam said:
    Also if you go onto windscribe's website and ask there automated support robot for a free trial he will give you a code to try out pro.

I love WS Robot and Robert. Plus the active Discord community ;)

• Yeah it's nice to see people excited about a product, and they take most of the info they get and implement it in the best way they can.

It's a great tool for the relatively low cost, and as you say the Robert DNS feature is really cool!

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Got 3 year winscribe pro for $43.20

Danke!

Thanked by (3)Ympker Adam poisson

@AnthonySmith said:

Danke!

You're welcome :) So what's the use case now? Join the Discord, even if it's just for reading. You'll get to ask the dev team questions etc.

• @AnthonySmith I recommend you get a browser extension called "Honey" so if you find a deal you like it looks up a load of coupon codes that you might be able to use and applies the best one!

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@Adam said:
    @AnthonySmith I recommend you get a browser extension called "Honey" so if you find a deal you like it looks up a load of coupon codes that you might be able to use and applies the best one!

Sounds great! I'll look into it :) Just saw you can set "Spoof" in ROBERT. Does that mean you can forward a domain to another IP when connected to WS. If yes, that'd be smth like hosts.cx which I often use to test migrated websites because I'm too lazy to edit the Windows hosts file :D

Ympker said: So what's the use case now

I may or may not use popcorn time regularly and also to unblock certain content on UFC fightpass.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

edited December 2019

@AnthonySmith said:

Ympker said: So what's the use case now

I may or may not use popcorn time regularly and also to unblock certain content on UFC fightpass.

Gotcha. Time to grab some popcorn. Literally? I'd advise going with a VPN Connection from Switzerland then.

_Read this (from 2016):

One in three people in Switzerland download unauthorized music, movies and games from the Internet and since last year the government has been wondering what to do about it. This week their response was published and it was crystal clear. Not only will downloading for personal use stay completely legal, but the copyright holders won't suffer because of it, since people eventually spend the money saved on entertainment products.

In Switzerland, just as in dozens of other countries, the entertainment industries have been complaining about dramatic losses in revenue due to online piracy.

In a response, the Swiss government has been conducting a study into the impact downloading has on society, and this week their findings were presented.

The overall conclusion of the study is that the current copyright law, under which downloading copyrighted material for personal use is permitted, doesn’t have to change.

Their report begins with noting that when it comes to copying files, the Internet has proven a game-changer. While the photocopier, audio cassette tape and VCR allowed users to make good quality copies of various media, these devices lacked a in-built distribution method. The world-wide web changed all that.

Distribution method or not, the entertainment industries have opposed all these technological inventions out of fear that their businesses would be crushed. This is not the right response according to the Swiss government, which favors the option of putting technology to good use instead of taking the repressive approach.

“Every time a new media technology has been made available, it has always been ‘abused’. This is the price we pay for progress. Winners will be those who are able to use the new technology to their advantages and losers those who missed this development and continue to follow old business models,” the report notes.

The government report further concludes that even in the current situation where piracy is rampant, the entertainment industries are not necessarily losing money. To reach this conclusion, the researchers extrapolated the findings of a study conducted by the Dutch government last year, since the countries are considered to be similar in many aspects.

The report states that around a third of Swiss citizens over 15 years old download pirated music, movies and games from the Internet. However, these people don’t spend less money as a result because the budgets they reserve for entertainment are fairly constant. This means that downloading is mostly complementary.

The other side of piracy, based on the Dutch study, is that downloaders are reported to be more frequent visitors to concerts, and game downloaders actually bought more games than those who didn’t. And in the music industry, lesser-know bands profit most from the sampling effect of file-sharing.

The Swiss report then goes on to review several of the repressive anti-piracy laws and regulations that have been implemented in other countries recently, such as the three-strikes Hadopi law in France. According to the report 12 million was spent on Hadopi in France this year, a figure the Swiss deem too high.

The report further states that it is questionable whether a three-strikes law would be legal in the first place, as the UN’s Human Rights Council labeled Internet access a human right. The Council specifically argued that Hadopi is a disproportionate law that should be repealed.

Other measures such as filtering or blocking content and websites are also rejected, because these would hurt freedom of speech and violate privacy protection laws. The report notes that even if these measures were implemented, there would be several ways to circumvent them.

The overall suggestion the Swiss government communicates to the entertainment industries is that they should adapt to the change in consumer behavior, or die. They see absolutely no need to change the law because downloading has no proven negative impact on the production of national culture.

Aside from downloading, it is also practically impossible for companies in Switzerland to go after casual uploaders. In 2010 the Supreme Court ruled that tracking companies are not allowed to log IP-addresses of file-sharers, making it impossible for rightsholders to gather evidence.

Latest copyright law update of switzerland:
    https://torrentfreak.com/switzerland-hopes-new-law-will-keep-it-off-us-pirate-watchlist-180228/

TL;DR: For private use you are still safe.
    The new law only adds "take down and stay down" (so if reported has to be taken down. wont happen with a private owncloud or whatever). And the other addition being that no portals like bs etc can be hosted in Switzerland._

• @Ympker I am unsure.

BUT this is a awesome feature:

Thanked by (2)Ympker poisson
    edited December 2019

I was like... whaaaaaat?

well played.

I unticked them anyway

Thanked by (4)Ympker Adam mikho poisson

• @AnthonySmith said:

I was like... whaaaaaat?

well played.

Make sure you tick all of them boxes :)

@AnthonySmith said:

I was like... whaaaaaat?

well played.

Oh, WS humor is awesome. Yegor and the crew are great :)

Thanked by (1)poisson
  • SpeedBusSpeedBus Hosting ProviderOG

Ympker said: Ivacy 5 years for 12$ with BFSAVE40 on Stacksocial.

wha.... thats an amazing deal, my NordVPN expired early this year and didn't renew/look for a new once since I didn't use it much, but for $12 for 5 years that's just unbeatable.

Link for anyone looking for it as well: https://stacksocial.com/sales/ivacy-vpn-5-year-subscription

Thanked by (1)Ympker

CrownCloud - Internet Services | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Atlanta, Georgia | Miami, Florida

@SpeedBus said:

Ympker said: Ivacy 5 years for 12$ with BFSAVE40 on Stacksocial.

wha.... thats an amazing deal, my NordVPN expired early this year and didn't renew/look for a new once since I didn't use it much, but for $12 for 5 years that's just unbeatable.

Link for anyone looking for it as well: https://stacksocial.com/sales/ivacy-vpn-5-year-subscription

Glad I could help :)

Thanked by (1)SpeedBus
  • @Ympker said:

@AnthonySmith said:

I was like... whaaaaaat?

well played.

After much consultation with @Ympker, I bought the lifetime subscription last year as well. Haven't had a single reason to not recommend Windscribe.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited December 2019

@K4Y5 said:

@Ympker said:

@AnthonySmith said:

I was like... whaaaaaat?

well played.

After much consultation with @Ympker, I bought the lifetime subscription last year as well. Haven't had a single reason to not recommend Windscribe.

So you also got it before it was gone hehe :)
    Although, similar to Ivacy's rule of messaging support every 5 years to renew, my Windscribe lifetime sub (and others as well, see screenshot) is set to expire 2028. Knowing Yegor and the team, however, I think it's fair to believe they'll renew it free of charge if your are still active at that time. Just wanted to put this out there, since some called Ivacy Lifetime out to be shady due to that period of 5 years after which you need to contact support to renew your Lifetime sub. Windscribe also asks you to do that. Just after way more years. That being said, I have no doubt that both, Windscribe and Ivacy will renew Lifetime Subs without hassle.

Thanked by (2)K4Y5 poisson
  • PIA was 29 per year , yesterday

edited December 2019

@dedicados said:
    PIA was 29 per year , yesterday

PIA was more trustworty, a while ago. Did you miss the thread where they stated that it was sold?
    https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/6590#Comment_6590

• @AnthonySmith said:

Danke!

Welcome to the club

Thanked by (2)Ympker InceptionHosting

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• @Ympker said:

@K4Y5 said:

@Ympker said:

@AnthonySmith said:

I was like... whaaaaaat?

well played.

Although, similar to Ivacy's rule of messaging support every 5 years to renew, my Windscribe lifetime sub (and others as well, see screenshot) is set to expire 2028. Knowing Yegor and the team, however, I think it's fair to believe they'll renew it free of charge if your are still active at that time. Just wanted to put this out there, since some called Ivacy Lifetime out to be shady due to that period of 5 years after which you need to contact support to renew your Lifetime sub. Windscribe also asks you to do that. Just after way more years. That being said, I have no doubt that both, Windscribe and Ivacy will renew Lifetime Subs without hassle.

I got my from stacksocial and it said lifetime defined as 10 + 10 upon request. Considering my age, it's pretty much my lifetime.

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• aRNoLDaRNoLD OG
    edited December 2019

https://www.namecheap.com/vpn/

Oooold domain name provider with improved new products, but I didn't try it. That suits your need?

Below is the intro page

QQIFDx.png

@poisson said:

@Ympker said:

@K4Y5 said:

@Ympker said:

@AnthonySmith said:

I was like... whaaaaaat?

well played.

I got my from stacksocial and it said lifetime defined as 10 + 10 upon request. Considering my age, it's pretty much my lifetime.

Interesting :P Anyway, sure they'll renew anyway.

• @aRNoLD said:

Oooold domain name provider with improved new products, but I didn't try it. That suits your need?

Below is the intro page

I don't need to look elsewhere now that I have Windscribe, but they are blocked in China and I don't think they care too much about fighting the GFW unfortunately.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

• @poisson said:

@aRNoLD said:

Below is the intro page

I don't need to look elsewhere now that I have Windscribe, but they are blocked in China and I don't think they care too much about fighting the GFW unfortunately.

Can ivacy work in China?

• @jack said:
    Can ivacy work in China?

Even if it works now, the question is for how long. The GFW army is huge and they are on cyberpatrols every day.