cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Bankruptcy/dead pool?

Comments

• @mikho said:

@serv_ee said:
    Wonder if Romania has anything like we do, we can buy a companies annual bookkeeping records for a small amount.

In Romania, you can buy everything.
    For the right price

...except Storage VPSes :lol:

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

somethings happening to the newtork

----------------------------------------------------------------------        
    CPU Model             : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v4 @ 2.40GHz
     CPU Cores             : 2
     CPU Frequency         : 2397.222 MHz
     CPU Cache             : 16384 KB
     Total Disk            : 50.0 GB (37.0 GB Used)
     Total Mem             : 1984 MB (247 MB Used)
     Total Swap            : 974 MB (172 MB Used)
     System uptime         : 18 days, 10 hour 24 min
     Load average          : 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
     OS                    : Debian GNU/Linux 10
     Arch                  : x86_64 (64 Bit)
     Kernel                : 5.10.0-0.bpo.5-amd64
     TCP CC                : bbr
     Virtualization        : KVM
     Organization          : AS44220 Parfumuri Femei.com SRL
     Location              : Oradea / RO
     Region                : Bihor
     I/O Speed(1st run)    : 819 MB/s
     I/O Speed(2nd run)    : 1.2 GB/s
     I/O Speed(3rd run)    : 1.5 GB/s
     Average I/O speed     : 1194.6 MB/s
     Node Name        Upload Speed      Download Speed      Latency
     Speedtest.net    8571.00 Mbps      5693.05 Mbps        1.06 ms
     Shanghai   CT    185.17 Mbps       2949.53 Mbps        278.25 ms
     Shanghai   CU    389.21 Mbps       3972.31 Mbps        218.16 ms
     Guangzhou  CT    210.83 Mbps       106.27 Mbps         301.74 ms
     Shenzhen   CU    380.69 Mbps       3205.38 Mbps        230.17 ms
     Hongkong   CN    346.63 Mbps       3400.87 Mbps        230.07 ms
     Singapore  SG    202.70 Mbps       2078.91 Mbps        350.62 ms

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• He's replying on the other thread..

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• @dahartigan said:
    He's replying on the other thread..

So you is the clown ? Go to rest because i focused in work

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited June 2021

I forget to remove olx ad , wait me disable my employee for this ads.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• If only he posted this much reply on Day 1...

Thanked by (1)chocolateshirt
  • @cybertech said:

In my life the boss says what must be done and not the employee. May be in a big company like cociu one is different

Dentistry is my passion

• @Chievo said:

@cybertech said:

In my life the boss says what must be done and not the employee. May be in a big company like cociu one is different

to be fair that OLX thing is probably just like craigslist or kleinanzeigen etc. so you have your ad there and once in a while it gets refreshed and pushed to the top (if you pay a small amount). no direct order or contract anyway, and the price he listed the drives (12TB at ~€340) not even chia people would contact him.

so I'd assume it truly was just an (automatically) refreshed old advertisment that maybe already ran for weeks or months and obviously he couldn't be bothered because there would have been no consequences anyway, even if someone would have called him.

what's more interesting still is what happened with the drives. from his writing it sound like he has 60 left in working condition and 60 with a warning? - which sounds like some s.m.a.r.t. thing he is talking about and not just data unrecoverable.

that would also mean, that the other 280 drives were really like... fried? I wonder if a netapp setup can really have this happening and why the powersupplies or whatever didn't go boom first. there are fuses like everywhere for stuff like that... weird. would love to see images of the setup and fried disks. this would end a lot of discussions.

• @Falzo said:

@Chievo said:

@cybertech said:

to be fair that OLX thing is probably just like craigslist or kleinanzeigen etc. so you have your ad there and once in a while it gets refreshed and pushed to the top (if you pay a small amount). no direct order or contract anyway, and the price he listed the drives (12TB at ~€340) not even chia people would contact him.

so I'd assume it truly was just an (automatically) refreshed old advertisment that maybe already ran for weeks or months and obviously he couldn't be bothered because there would have been no consequences anyway, even if someone would have called him.

what's more interesting still is what happened with the drives. from his writing it sound like he has 60 left in working condition and 60 with a warning? - which sounds like some s.m.a.r.t. thing he is talking about and not just data unrecoverable.

that would also mean, that the other 280 drives were really like... fried? I wonder if a netapp setup can really have this happening and why the powersupplies or whatever didn't go boom first. there are fuses like everywhere for stuff like that... weird. would love to see images of the setup and fried disks. this would end a lot of discussions.

Well could be. But what i mean he has 1 employee if there is lack of communication in a company with him and 1 employee.........and what i know is that the employees are not going to do things if they are not receives any info from their bosses and obviously selling hardware and fixing a price for them is not a part of the employee work. I could be wrong but ....this usually works in that way.

Yes true you are right if there were proofs of any kind to close the suspicions would be the greatest option. But unfortunately if many people do not believe the whole story is because they are some weird points in it. I am not in hosting business . i am not interested in anything but honestly it is a bad show . And the moment of. I have more businesses . ( perfumeri is closed if i am not wrong and hostiing is not doing great ) hopefully his businesses are doing too great to cover the refunds and x money etc. Wish him the best....
    Obviously the moment of bad words against any person and taking into account that his services are offline for 1 month and that he is working. Working over what ? if no communication and the disks are fried.... Let s see what would happen but i am not optimistic ....May be I could be wrong in any cases Now time for Euroooocopa 2020

Dentistry is my passion

• @Falzo said: to be fair that OLX thing is probably just like craigslist or kleinanzeigen etc. so you have your ad there and once in a while it gets refreshed and pushed to the top (if you pay a small amount). no direct order or contract anyway, and the price he listed the drives (12TB at ~€340) not even chia people would contact him.

I don't know mate, but if it was an old ad, it should be possible to track, but the oldest page I could find was on 18th May and the next was 8th of June, probably when it was deactivated. 12TB at ~€340 is quite a mark up considering that he bought them for only €148, based on an old comment, which just seems like he's trying to make a profit out of the Chia hype thinking they would be all over his disks.

I'm starting to think that he might have managed to sell some and probably kept some for safe measures as he probably realized that it could be difficult for him to get new disks later if he had sold them all.

Everything doesn't add up, especially when he says he's been selling hardware on OLX and has been doing it for the past 10 years, but then says he doesn't have access to the account? And now, from what I can understand from his response is that all of a sudden he's requesting for the account to be disabled?

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• Learnt from the Hostsolutions drama that olx.in has a Romanian cousin olx.ro

Same business.

Squats are the new Push-ups

• @thedp said:

@Falzo said: to be fair that OLX thing is probably just like craigslist or kleinanzeigen etc. so you have your ad there and once in a while it gets refreshed and pushed to the top (if you pay a small amount). no direct order or contract anyway, and the price he listed the drives (12TB at ~€340) not even chia people would contact him.

I don't know mate, but if it was an old ad, it should be possible to track, but the oldest page I could find was on 18th May and the next was 8th of June, probably when it was deactivated. 12TB at ~€340 is quite a mark up considering that he bought them for only €148, based on an old comment, which just seems like he's trying to make a profit out of the Chia hype thinking they would be all over his disks.

I'm starting to think that he might have managed to sell some and probably kept some for safe measures as he probably realized that it could be difficult for him to get new disks later if he had sold them all.

Everything doesn't add up, especially when he says he's been selling hardware on OLX and has been doing it for the past 10 years, but then says he doesn't have access to the account? And now, from what I can understand from his response is that all of a sudden he's requesting for the account to be disabled?

That is a lot of loopholes..

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• serverianserverian Hosting Provider

Now the moron tries to make chargebackers guilt trip.

• TL;DR
    Yep, that was me getting it in the kneck....
    Service down for almost a month.
    Lost confidence in hostsolutions.
    Raised a ticket asking for a refund (as per cociu's post), stating that if no response, I would chargeback.
    Waited 20 days.
    Ticket was deleted by hostsolutions.
    PayPal received no communication back from hostsolutions so awarded in my favour.
    Still have 2 services in Norway which are working well - ogf 'person' says that I should also lose these machines because of chargeback. Also feels that because of my actions I have now jeopardised the service so effected everyone else by being 'egotistical'.
    I did not want to chargeback, but no service, no emails, no ticket response, what else am I supposed to do?
    If I want to give to charity I choose the charity and hostsolutions is a provider that entered into a contract and has not unfortunately provided.

Thanked by (1)ialexpw
  • Just copying my comment from the other thread.

The bottom line is nobody owns him anything, quite the reverse. On the OGF @jsg and his new crew of supporters are saying they don't want a refund, fair enough but don't be like @jsg, when you pay someone for a service, no matter what your expectations are or should be, you paid for what they promised to deliver. If that cannot happen then your money should be returned.

Too many people have this poor @cociu approach as if they are personal friends rather than paying customers. Don't give other providers the idea they can be like @cociu.

• @msatt said:
    TL;DR
    Raised a ticket asking for a refund (as per cociu's post), stating that if no response, I would chargeback.
    Waited 20 days.
    PayPal received no communication back from hostsolutions so awarded in my favour.
    Still have 2 services in Norway which are working well - ogf 'person' says that I should also lose these machines because of chargeback. Also feels that because of my actions I have now jeopardised the service so effected everyone else by being 'egotistical'.
    I did not want to chargeback, but no service, no emails, no ticket response, what else am I supposed to do?
    If I want to give to charity I choose the charity and hostsolutions is a provider that entered into a contract and has not unfortunately provided.

you did nothing wrong, instead fair and simple the right thing. don't listen to that crap other try to throw at you for being reasonable.
    I don't think cociu will retaliate by killing your norway services, yet if you have important stuff there, you have backups elsewhere anyway, right? ;-)

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@msatt said:
    TL;DR
    Waited 20 days.

I’ve had customers opening PayPal disputes for less.

If you have tried to contact the provider and there has been no response or communication, I won’t blame your actions.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@Lee said:
    Just copying my comment from the other thread.

The bottom line is nobody owns him anything, quite the reverse. On the OGF @jsg and his new crew of supporters are saying they don't want a refund, fair enough but don't be like @jsg, when you pay someone for a service, no matter what your expectations are or should be, you paid for what they promised to deliver. If that cannot happen then your money should be returned.

Too many people have this poor @cociu approach as if they are personal friends rather than paying customers. Don't give other providers the idea they can be like @cociu.

I’m sure that if any (?) other provider treated his/her customers the same way as cociu have done, And always have, the show would have been on the other foot.

I get the feeling that jsg always plays the devils advocate. If the majority goes one way, jsg will always fight for the other side.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• I think at one point, folks are just trolling.

Some folks keeps on changing their tone. Swiss cheese sandwich.

Thanked by (1)Abdullah
  • @seriesn said:
    I think at one point, folks are just trolling.

I only care verry much about refound and tikets.

Squats are the new Push-ups

• LeeLee OG
    edited June 2021

@seriesn said: I think at one point, folks are just trolling.

The issue at this stage is that nobody is following the thread it has become that long and polluted. Everyone is responding to the direction based on the last few posts and the real issue is lost.

Every time @cociu posts something people are liking it and saying that's great he is here, working hard. The reality if you follow his comments they are contradictory, lack truth and so on.

@jsg injects himself into the threads where he will get the most attention, it's self-indulgent. If he has no direct experience of a host, he has an imaginary friend that does and that allows him to have an opinion, just like that lawsuit thread.

But what do you expect, the reality is everything is a shit show on the OGF.

• RazzaRazza OG
    edited June 2021

I do agree what others have said about @jsg, I do think the main reason he religion defences HS is the free VPS he got with them he did say all his free vm are purely just for benchmarking purposes but I doubt it my self.

No matter what anyone point out eg selling actively used ip subnet or hardware in his own opinion all is still fine.

• LeeLee OG
    edited June 2021

Also, I think it was @Falzo that said it. The un-banning of certain members was by design to encourage more drama/controversy. Some of those members are now fuelling many threads.

• @Lee said:
    Also, I think it was @Falzo that said it. The un-banning of certain members was by design to encourage more drama/controversy. Some of those members are now fuelling many threads.

The OGF need drama it's basically one of main reason people go on it.

• @Lee said:
    Every time @cociu posts something people are liking it and saying that's great he is here, working hard. The reality if you follow his comments they are contradictory, lack truth and so on.

Its really kind of a Stockholm syndrome though. People know he’s the only crazy cheap storage VM provider that ignores DMCA. I see it here too. It’s almost unbelievable what this guy can get away with. I mean, these servers will eventually return, but no one knows how long it takes till the next active IP-ranges are sold off or when other drives are destroyed when they’re moved to another DC (which is what happened here, I would bet on that).

@Lee said:

Biloh either wants to suck all money from LET or he wants to sell it as fast as possible. More hostility means more drama, means more clicks, means more views, means more money.

It’s toxicity and polemics as a business model.

• In case you didn't know, MikePT is not in HS anymore.

Hey guys.

Small update, not really related to the downtime - haven't had the chance to speak to Marius yet since it's been 13 days since we last spoke. He hasn't got back to me at all.

I'm aware that this is going to hurt our finances but I've decided to end the NOC services contract with HostSolutions due to the way this is being handled. This isn't acceptable, we're not going to damage our reputation when Marius simply deletes the tickets and ignores clients asking for updates.

I'm sorry I couldn't help you guys, wish I could do more for you.

• @kuroneko23 said:
    In case you didn't know, MikePT is not in HS anymore.

Hey guys.

Small update, not really related to the downtime - haven't had the chance to speak to Marius yet since it's been 13 days since we last spoke. He hasn't got back to me at all.

I'm aware that this is going to hurt our finances but I've decided to end the NOC services contract with HostSolutions due to the way this is being handled. This isn't acceptable, we're not going to damage our reputation when Marius simply deletes the tickets and ignores clients asking for updates.

Remember, the jokes a few weeks back, that he still said he gets money.
    I think it was Francisco reminded him that he just get paid once a month.

I am pretty sure, the main cause is, that the did not received the payment as promised.
    Second, telling publicly over that HS is fucked financially, maybe not be a good reflection on him, for further work.

I don't believe what he said, end.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@Neoon said:

@kuroneko23 said:

Hey guys.

I am pretty sure, the main cause is, that the did not received the payment as promised.
    Second, telling publicly over that HS is fucked financially, maybe not be a good reflection on him, for further work.

Even if what you say is true, that wouldn't necessarily make what he said in his statement any less true. Don't think it's an all one or the other type situation, but more of a combination of things contributing to the decision.

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• ChievoChievo OG
    edited June 2021

@Neoon said:

@kuroneko23 said:

Hey guys.

May be true.

The shit show would cause bad smell over Mike company at some point. Probably not payment and lack of future prevision of payments so . Better run boy run

Dentistry is my passion

• @Mason said:

@Neoon said:

@kuroneko23 said:

Hey guys.

Even if what you say is true, that wouldn't necessarily make what he said in his statement any less true. Don't think it's an all one or the other type situation, but more of a combination of things contributing to the decision.

Well, could be secondary, quite possible.

This discussion has been closed.