[mrvm.net] -128MB packages to be discontinued.

mikhomikho AdministratorOG
edited July 2021 in Industry News

Quick update before someone posts it here :)
This is also sent out to all customers, the email takes longer to process.

As of today, it is no longer possible to order the 128MB package at mrvm.net.
Customers who already purchased the 128MB package will be honored as long as these are owned.
128MB packages are not transferable to other customers.

The decision to remove the 128MB packages is based on the fact that keeping all locations updated is taking too much time, the recent announcement from PayPal that they are increasing their transaction fees.

As an effect of this decision, the discount for buying multiple services at once is changed
FROM 20% on 4 NAT products or more
TO 30% on 3 NAT products or more
The discount is added automatically at checkout, no codes needed.

Currently, mrvm.net offers these locations

EU (5) (6)
Falkenstein - Germany
Sofia - Bulgaria
Sandefjord - Norway
Reims - France
Milan - Italy
Dronten - Netherlands

USA (8)
Kansas City - Missouri
Lenoir - North Carolina
Berkeley Spring - West Virginia
New York - New York
Seattle - Washington
Miami - Florida
Los Angeles - California
Atlanta - Georgia

APAC (5)
Sydney - Australia
Perth - Australia
Singapore - Singapore
Mumbai - India
Auckland - New Zealand

Any questions regarding these changes, I'm happy to answer.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

Thanked by (2)chocolateshirt Ganonk

Comments

• vyasvyas OG
    edited July 2021

That was a quick response to the PP fee change. Damn monopoly. Time of course one understands. Good counterbalance with the revised discount for the bundles.
    Best wishes!

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@vyas said:
    That was a quick response to the PP fee change. Damn monopoly. Time of course one understands. Good counterbalance with the revised discount for the bundles.
    Best wishes!

It was not the tipping point, PP already takes almost 10% in transaction fees for those small amounts. It varies depending on the country the buyer is from but somewhere around 10% in general.

The next step to keep the fees down is to align the client's invoices to one single day as these are all annual payments.

• "VPS - NAT128 (BG)" hasn't been removed yet.

• lgsinlgsin OG
    edited July 2021

Also surprised to see Auckland location, which isn't listed on the looking glass page. When was it added =) ?

@lgsin said:
    "VPS - NAT128 (BG)" hasn't been removed yet.

Thank you for noticing, it is now gone.

@lgsin said:
    Also surprised to see Auckland location, which isn't listed on the looking glass page. When was it added =) ?

Last Week <3 COURTESY OF @Zappie from zappiehost. you can use their LG for now. https://lg-nz.zappiehost.com/

Thanked by (1)lgsin

• How about a 128mb all location bundle for last time?

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

@codelock said:
    How about a 128mb all location bundle for last time?

If you want an all location bundle, it will have to be 256MB

• edited July 2021

@mikho said:

@codelock said:
    How about a 128mb all location bundle for last time?

If you want an all location bundle, it will have to be 256MB

Yup 256MB all location bundle won't be too bad either looks like something special is coming up

PS. Just don't include multiple US locations

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

• I would love to see a 1 GB North America bundle offer :)

• @mikho - have you considered a "flexible" bundle - so something along the lines of x VMs of 256 MB that we (the customers) can instantiate/destroy as needed (you can maybe even restrict it geographically so only 1 or 2 in each continent or whatever).

I'm not sure how this'll play with resources on the machine, but it'll be really awesome to be able to spin up a NAT VM wherever on demand for testing/playing/fooling around.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

@nullnothere said:
    @mikho - have you considered a "flexible" bundle - so something along the lines of x VMs of 256 MB that we (the customers) can instantiate/destroy as needed (you can maybe even restrict it geographically so only 1 or 2 in each continent or whatever).

I'm not sure how this'll play with resources on the machine, but it'll be really awesome to be able to spin up a NAT VM wherever on demand for testing/playing/fooling around.

I have considered it but not sure how it should work technically in the real world mixing users in Virtualizor.
    As you know, it's not known for its stability. :)

It has come a long way .. .so who knows, it might come in the future.

Thanked by (1)nullnothere

• AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

@nullnothere said:
    @mikho - have you considered a "flexible" bundle - so something along the lines of x VMs of 256 MB that we (the customers) can instantiate/destroy as needed (you can maybe even restrict it geographically so only 1 or 2 in each continent or whatever).

wishosting does something similar using opennebula panel.

Thanked by (1)nullnothere

@Abdullah said:

@nullnothere said:

wishosting does something similar using opennebula panel.

Virtualizor can do their "cloud accounts", but there have been reports on issues regarding user accounts if the user already has "regular" service.

• @mikho Please can you answer PM

Thanks

• Just purchased my first NAT VPS. Hope all goes well :)

Thanked by (1)dosai
  • FWIW I'm using a 128M vps as a wireguard endpoint, granted the traffic used is pretty low, with an uptime at just under two years. Very impressed with the service from @mikho

Thanked by (2)skorous chocolateshirt
  • @mikho you have posted that you are upgrading the servers, I though it was already available but apparently its still openvz legacy, cannot install vpn using the more modern script, any ETA on these?

--I always need help..pff

• Happy that there's an NZ location since there's virtually no lowend options there!

• KlanxKlanx Hosting Provider

Stupid that these changes are happening.

• Thanks for your opinion.

@xreann20 said:
    @mikho you have posted that you are upgrading the servers, I though it was already available but apparently its still openvz legacy, cannot install vpn using the more modern script, any ETA on these?

Some locations are still Legacy as I'm waiting for new hardware in some locations and I've had issues in other locations.

@Klanx said:
    Stupid that these changes are happening.