Debian 11 "Bullseye" will be released today

It's an exciting weekend: after more than two years, if all goes well, Debian 11 "Bullseye" will be released today (Saturday). =)

With a little luck, your favorite mirrors should have ISOs for Debian 11 by the end of the weekend, but you may need to be patient. :)

By the way, Bullseye is Woody's horse in Toy Story 2. :)

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

Comments

• What happens when they run out of toy story character?

Thanked by (2)angelius lgsin

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

• @codelock said:
    What happens when they run out of toy story character?

I don't think that it'll be a problem in the near future, but yeah, perhaps one day it will, but I'm sure that they'll figure something out by then. :)

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• 32 characters, 32 releases, min 20 more years to go.

Thanked by (1)angstrom
  • Netboot.xyz had Debian 11 last month.
    I selected it when setting up two VirMach 120-day temporary chickens.
    One is Docker host; the other is idling.
    No issues at all.

Thanked by (3)jureve angstrom Not_Oles

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny said: Netboot.xyz had Debian 11 last month.

Technically, that was a release candidate, but it was close enough :)

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

• I'm so long behind that I just recently upgraded some machines from Jessie to Buster. So much for state of the art... but there's nothing like stability from Debian. Of course many would say I live in the stone age but I'll gracefully show myself out before precipitating things...

Now to figure out how to get rid of some malware (er systemd) from Proxmox based systems.

And as if to give my age away, I've been one of those old faithful from Hamm days... aah those days where everything started with a nice and simple init.

Thanked by (3)angstrom bdl Not_Oles
  • Hoping to put together a bullseye template this weekend.

Will probably hold off on my desktop just as I was planning on change the drive configuration any (adding some NVMes I think) and do a clean install lol.

Thanked by (1)angstrom
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

great. hope 5.11 bpo comes soon.

Thanked by (1)angstrom

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @codelock said:
    What happens when they run out of toy story character?

They will take down Disney's Linux systems until they make a new movie B)

Thanked by (1)webcraft
  • MasonMason AdministratorOG

Ride like the wind, Bullseye!

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• XenicXenic OG
    edited August 2021

It should be available then in a couple of hours on my Debian Mirror it syncs itself every hour with the primary debian mirror.

Thanked by (1)angstrom
  • All of the new ISOs are now available at https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/11.0.0/ :)

Thanked by (3)Not_Oles Mr_Tom webcraft

• @angstrom said:
    All of the new ISOs are now available at https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/11.0.0/ :)

And on my Mirror :P

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited August 2021

Well, I tried Debian 11 on a Proxmox 7 System also running Debian 11.
    It hangs up every few seconds in the Installer and takes 1 core for itself.

Seems to be experimental duh.
    Either Proxmox has a bug or Debian or both.

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

No shit, really named after Toy Story characters? Well I never..

Thanked by (1)angstrom
  • alwyzonalwyzon Hosting Provider

Debian 11 is already available as preinstalled option at Alwyzon. Looking at the average provisioning times of roughly 60 seconds here, that might be one of the fastest way to get your hands on a Bullseye server at the moment and no need to fiddle around with ISOs. ;)

— Michael

Thanked by (2)cybertech angstrom

Alwyzon - Virtual Servers in Austria starting at 4,49 €/month (excl. VAT)

• @MichaelCee said:

You weren't aware of this? :)

Thanked by (2)MichaelCee adly

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

@angstrom said:

@MichaelCee said:

Nah, living under a rock 😀

Thanked by (1)angstrom
  • @MichaelCee said:

@angstrom said:

@MichaelCee said:

Nah, living under a rock 😀

It shows your youth :)

Thanked by (1)webcraft

• @MichaelCee said:

That's why Sid will always be Unstable ... :)

• @alwyzon said:
    Debian 11 is already available as preinstalled option at Alwyzon. Looking at the average provisioning times of roughly 60 seconds here, that might be one of the fastest way to get your hands on a Bullseye server at the moment and no need to fiddle around with ISOs. ;)

— Michael

Is DHCP and SLAAC planned for some time in case we'd like to use an ISO though? Cloudinit is great but if base images aren't frequently updated this can take way more than 60s until the server is ready (incl. the auto updates).

• alwyzonalwyzon Hosting Provider

@webcraft said:
    Is DHCP and SLAAC planned for some time in case we'd like to use an ISO though?

No plans on DHCP and SLAAC, but you can find all information to configure a static IPv4/v6 in the client area.

— Michael

Alwyzon - Virtual Servers in Austria starting at 4,49 €/month (excl. VAT)

• avelineaveline Hosting ProviderOG

Debian 11 is available on Misaka.io too. There is still an outstanding bug of cloud-init but we fixed it via a workaround. Enjoy :-)

Thanked by (1)angstrom

Misaka.io | Blazing fast AnyCast DNS with 60+ POPs GeoDNS, AXFR, DNSSEC supported.
    And Reliable high-performance virtual server | Ashburn, New York, Seattle, San Jose, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, São Paulo, Johannesburg

ping.sx | Ping any server from global locations in parallel