Short Outage of the LES Forum

mikhomikho AdministratorOG

This morning (CET) we had a short outage between 05:48 AM and 05:53 AM that affected the forum and made it inaccessible.

It was NOT a BGP error ;), it was a node error with Hetzner where this forum is hosted.
All should be back to normal again.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

Tagged:

Comments

• @mikho said:
    This morning (CET) we had a short outage between 05:48 AM and 05:53 AM that affected the forum and made it inaccessible.

It was NOT a BGP error ;), it was a node error with Hetzner where this forum is hosted.

Alrite LESBook. (Pronounce LACEBook). You may say what you want to say about BGP

Glad things are up and running!

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@tetech said:
    I lost millions

I'll bee sawing thems for domages!

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@tetech said:
    I lost millions

Please forward all your requests to no-f•[email protected].

👍😇😂

• @bikegremlin said:

@tetech said:
    I lost millions

I'll bee sawing thems for domages!

Which is the insurance company of the forum? That shortage has affected the sustainability of a lot of companies. ;)

Dentistry is my passion

• I'm very surprised to see this here! I would have expected at least headlines on news-sites/papers around the world! Not even a single big news-site seems to have started "Live-blogs", to cover every minute and every change regarding this issue. No interviews with people that really cannot live a single minute without this place either!

I'm so disappointed in the media!

• 5 minutes outage not a big problem

Thanked by (2)Ympker mikho
  • Where is the status page 👀

Thanked by (3)Ympker bikegremlin mikho
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

this is unacceptable. a formal announcement for a 5min downtime.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

@dosai said:
    Where is the status page 👀

I’ll add it to the TA-Da list of things to ignore until there are 2 sundays in a week.

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited October 2021

My LES crawler, that runs every 2s, now had 150 instances running stuck, caused a OOM and crashed the entire dedicated machine.

• @Neoon said:
    My LES crawler, that runs every 2s, now had 150 instances running stuck, caused a OOM and crashed the entire dedicated machine.

blame it on the lazy coder that forgot to check, if an instance is stuck/still running before spawning the next... oh, wait. 😜

• @Falzo said:

@Neoon said:

blame it on the lazy coder that forgot to check, if an instance is stuck/still running before spawning the next... oh, wait. 😜

@Neoon said:

• @mikho said:

lol the Forum is hosted at 🇩🇪 🇫🇮 Hetzner now? Anthony has told me before an while that it's hosted in 🇬🇧 London in the Clouvider Network.

• @Xenic said:

@mikho said:

lol the Forum is hosted at 🇩🇪 🇫🇮 Hetzner now? Anthony has told me before an while that it's hosted in 🇬🇧 London in the Clouvider Network.

I think that when Ant handed over the charge to current admins, they decided to host it outside Clouvider's network as the forum is independently managed by people chosen by the community. Ant always wanted LES to not be under any provider's direct influence as we have all seen with OGF that the provider who owns the forum uses it for their own advantage.....giving absolutely no fucks about what community wants.

Salute to Ant & current admins for not letting LES become the shit show which the other green forum has become over the years.

Thanked by (3)mikho beagle yoursunny

Recommend: MyRoot.PW|BuyVM|Inception Hosting|Prometeus

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

cough deadpool cough

@vpsgeek3333 said:
    Salute to Ant & current admins for not letting LES become the shit show which the other green forum has become over the years.

Thanks. We will do our best to keep it civil and a nice place to be.

Thanked by (1)vpsgeek3333

@Xenic said:

@mikho said:

Its been like that since @Mason and I was elected Admins.

• @mikho said:

@Xenic said:

@mikho said:

Its been like that since @Mason and I was elected Admins.

Ok thanks for the explanation :)