Direct Admin Technical Thread

15678911»

Comments

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

I am about to switch back to Debian but I need to confirm compatibility for Jailshell/Bubblewrap.

Feature doc says "For CentOS 7 and up" but I've had no errors compiling on Debian. Hoping I'm good to go?

• @SmallWeb said:
    I am about to switch back to Debian but I need to confirm compatibility for Jailshell/Bubblewrap.

Feature doc says "For CentOS 7 and up" but I've had no errors compiling on Debian. Hoping I'm good to go?

Yes, no problems with Debian/Ubuntu :smile:

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee
  • visualwebtechnovisualwebtechno Hosting ProviderOG

@LeonDynamic said:
    Just wondering if anyone here is running DirectAdmin prerelease binary. There has been a new theme added called Facelift. It looks similar to the existing Sidebar theme but appears to be a replacement for the Standard theme as when viewed on a mobile it changes back to the Standard theme.

nice theme

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

@smtalk said:

@SmallWeb said:

Yes, no problems with Debian/Ubuntu :smile:

Awesome :)

P.S Resource throttling working as intended now I've switched to a compatible machine. Thank you.

• Hello!
    When I enter the server IP in the browser I'm redirected to the only domain I have there.

I'd like to show a simple HTML page instead, is it possible?

• Well... checking again that server is not running DA. It's just OLS. Sorry.

LOL

• Curious about the Pro Pack DA is offering now. Is this being provided with free licences you see being offered with some providers like BuyVM and IH?

• Is it possible to get owned lifetime license now?

• @Outdoor said:
    Is it possible to get owned lifetime license now?

No.

• @Lee said:
    Curious about the Pro Pack DA is offering now. Is this being provided with free licences you see being offered with some providers like BuyVM and IH?

No, at the moment it is being provided only with retail standard & lite licenses for no extra charge. I hope DA change their mind later & it becomes available to be purchased from NOCs for extra charges.

Maybe @smtalk can let us all know if they have any such plans in future.

Thanked by (1)Lee

Recommend: MyRoot.PW|BuyVM|Inception Hosting|Prometeus

• @vpsgeek3333 said: No, at the moment it is being provided only with retail standard & lite licenses for no extra charge.

Thanks, make sense. I did think a comment I saw was incorrect which suggested they did. Which really made no sense.

• Quick question:
    In DirectAdmin, when a user is migrated from cPanel, I see these directories in
    domains/mygreatdomain.tld:
    awstats logs private_html public_ftp public_html stats

Are all of these directories actually used by DA?
    Initially I thought maybe onlye the {private,public}_html dirs were in use, but it seems files in stats are updated (used for the *Extra Features/Resource Usage* part, I guess).
    Checking further it seems also logs and awstats dirs has files with current datestamps ...

So, they're all in use? B)

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@flips said:
    Quick question:
    In DirectAdmin, when a user is migrated from cPanel, I see these directories in
    domains/mygreatdomain.tld:
    awstats logs private_html public_ftp public_html stats

Are all of these directories actually used by DA?
    Initially I thought maybe onlye the {private,public}_html dirs were in use, but it seems files in stats are updated (used for the *Extra Features/Resource Usage* part, I guess).
    Checking further it seems also logs and awstats dirs has files with current datestamps ...

So, they're all in use? B)

Yes - it seems all are in use.
    Even for a newly created DirectAdmin account, or a manually migrated cPanel account (so only files from public_html and a database export were "copied").

Thanked by (1)flips

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews