[Heads Up] Kimsufi KS-1 available..

edited October 2021 in General

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

Thanked by (2)ehab chocolateshirt

Comments

• edited October 2021

@vyas already taken it.

he leaves nothing on his way ... like a tornado

Thanked by (2)vyas dahartigan
  • Lol, blazing fast..

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• @ehab said:
    @vyas already taken it.

he leaves nothing on his way ... like a tornado

No Sir..

I mean actually no.

I am consolidating. Ok maybe freeing up shevles for BF offers. But now limiting to providers where I already have account.

Thanked by (2)ehab webcraft
  • and gone... really looking to get one i have set notifications but they don't send any :(

• I placed an order the other day, a few days later they said it was out of stock and I got a refund B)

https://dttech.net - Personal Site.

• What are you guys using these for? seem a bit outdated and underpowered compared to a VPS you can get for about the same price.

• @vish said:
    What are you guys using these for? seem a bit outdated and underpowered compared to a VPS you can get for about the same price.

Exxactly, Hetzner Cloud kicks ass.

• @vish said:
    What are you guys using these for? seem a bit outdated and underpowered compared to a VPS you can get for about the same price.

nostalgia

Thanked by (1)chocolateshirt
  • @vish said:

You say that but I have a KS-3 for ~7€pm (2TB HDD) and use it as one of my offsite backups with Nextcloud. CPU and RAM can handle it and it runs fine

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint dahartigan

Kimsufi KS-3, Mr.VM NAT128, InceptionHosting NAT256 Bundle, MiniKVM Mini+, Porkbun-powered domain
    Running Nextcloud (DE), Mail-in-a-Box, OpenVPN, Teamspeak 3, Home Assistant (tutorials/scripts in links where available)

• @Chalipa said:
    and gone... really looking to get one i have set notifications but they don't send any :(

Same here...
    Which service are you guys using for the notifications?

@vish said:

That's right for sure, but playing with "real hardware" (even though crappy one) can be fun. ;)

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider

If you request a new HDD on KS-1, you can sometimes get a 2TB. I got one when I did on my old KS-1.

I am a representative of Advin Servers

• Did anyone get theirs yet? I'm still waiting..

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited October 2021

@dahartigan said:
    Did anyone get theirs yet? I'm still waiting..

Welcome to OVH, where we sell servers which we don't have available.
    They do this every fucking time.

In this case its even worse, since old hardware, they ain't putting new shit to delivery the orders.
    So you are basically fucked.

You either wait til that day, they can deliver, or you ask for a refund.
    Especially, when the API said 1H low and it apparently was in stock for like 30 minutes+, scam big time.

Thanked by (1)dahartigan
  • I have to say the KS-1 even at $5 is not that interesting any more. Make it $10 a month with 4TB and it's a lot more useful.

• @willie said:
    I have to say the KS-1 even at $5 is not that interesting any more. Make it $10 a month with 4TB and it's a lot more useful.

with a 500GB disk I would agree, however you may end up with a 2TB one, like I did.
    About the same price 2.5$ per TB.

• Yeah but there's like a $15 setup fee right? Unless the likelihood of getting a 2tb is quite high, it doesn't seem like a good bet. A 500gb unit at $5 doesn't even seem worth keeping at this point. Anyway it's out of stock now.

• edited October 2021

Well, to be honest, the KS-1 has no appeal to me other than it's the cheapest dedi in the world - and idling that would be prem.

If it comes, it comes. If it comes with 500GB I will be happy. If it comes with 2TB I will be stoked. If it never comes, thanks @Neoon I won't be surprised at least.

Until then, I still have my KS-7 (got it for only $10.99/month) and KS-3 to keep me happy. The real work gets done on my prem @ShockHosting dedi though ;)

• I think there are still some Scaleway C1's running (four core ARM dedis) at €3/month, but you can't spin up new ones any more. I just don't see a super cheap dedi as being that interesting per se. I'd rather pay a bit more and get an actually useful dedi. I srsly don't think I'd pay $5/month for a 500GB KS1 these days except maybe as a seedbox or something. I do notice that OVH VPS have gotten somewhat more expensive though. I agree that a 2TB KS1 for $5/month would be awesome.

Thanked by (1)vish
  • I agree with @willie

Kimsufi just isn't keeping up with the times. They could really sell a lot more dedi's with a refresh but my prediction is that we will continue to see them decline in appeal to the lowend community.

I used to have around 10 dedi's between OVH, Soyoustart and Kimsufi. Now, I don't have a single one.

• @vish said:
    I used to have around 10 dedi's between OVH, Soyoustart and Kimsufi. Now, I don't have a single one.

KS-1 ?

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited October 2021

Just grab another one of these.
    Flash Sale KS-07 (2018) Core™ i3-2130 [2c / 4t] (3.4 GHz+) / 8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz / 2 TB SATA - Setup/€9.99 - Monthly/€8.99 - Available : ) BHS (1H HIGH)

• @Neoon said: Flash Sale KS-07 (2018) Core™ i3-2130 [2c / 4t] (3.4 GHz+) / 8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz / 2 TB SATA - Setup/€9.99 - Monthly/€8.99 - Available : ) BHS (1H HIGH)

Do these still exist? I don't see them on kimsufi.com There used to be a stock tracker that someone ran on a .ovh domain--does anyone remember what it was?

• bruh21bruh21 Hosting Provider

@willie said:

@Neoon said: Flash Sale KS-07 (2018) Core™ i3-2130 [2c / 4t] (3.4 GHz+) / 8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz / 2 TB SATA - Setup/€9.99 - Monthly/€8.99 - Available : ) BHS (1H HIGH)

Do these still exist? I don't see them on kimsufi.com There used to be a stock tracker that someone ran on a .ovh domain--does anyone remember what it was?

checkservers.ovh

Thanked by (2)uptime ehab
  • @Neoon said:
    Just grab another one of these.
    Flash Sale KS-07 (2018) Core™ i3-2130 [2c / 4t] (3.4 GHz+) / 8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz / 2 TB SATA - Setup/€9.99 - Monthly/€8.99 - Available : ) BHS (1H HIGH)

That probably really is the best deal on a dedi going right now..

• @dahartigan said: That probably really is the best deal on a dedi going right now..

That does look good for a cheap dedi and I might get one (they are available). Thinking about it, though 4TB would be nicer even if it cost more. Thanks.

• @willie said:

@dahartigan said: That probably really is the best deal on a dedi going right now..

That does look good for a cheap dedi and I might get one (they are available). Thinking about it, though 4TB would be nicer even if it cost more. Thanks.

Lol.. You could get 2 for a total of 4TB and double resources still cheaper than hetzner.. Hmm..

• 100 Mbps :/

• @name said:
    100 Mbps :/

Not great, not terrible. Unmetered though..

• @dahartigan said: Lol.. You could get 2 for a total of 4TB and double resources still cheaper than hetzner.. Hmm..

Looks to me like the base Hetzner auction server is € 23.53 (fixed price), has 6tb disk (3tb x 2), 16gb ram, i7-3770 cpu, and 1gbit network, so 2.5x the cpu and disk, 2x the memory, and 10x the network bandwidth, for around 2.5x the price, and with no setup fees. But it is in DE rather than BHS. I guess it is roughly comparable in resources per $. It is generally less hassle to have one big box instead of two small ones, of course. Kimsufi is particularly annoying in being limited to 100mbps even within the same rack, rather than just to the internet. So spreading stuff across two kimsufis is not that nice.

For pure storage it is hard to beat the Hetzner SX line even after the effective price bump during the Chia mining thing. But those are outside of LES price range, and have setup fees too.

Does anyone know current HDD price trends? Is the Chia bump still a thing? Any pandemic bump? I'm wondering if the SX line might be due for another refresh anytime soon.

• I notice that yesterday, but not today, this was available in Warsaw:

"Sale 2021 (XEON-SAT-1-32)","Intel Xeon D-1520 2.66 GHz+","32 GB DDR4 ECC 2133 MHz","4 x 2 TB SATA3", €20 setup, €22.99 monthly.

I tried to read the availability info from the OVH API but instead of those server descriptions, I get weird semi-opaque tokens that I don't see how to convert. So I ended up writing a half-done scraper for checkservers.ovh. But that seems pretty stupid. Anyone know how checkservers.ovh gets this info? Is Vova (the author) still around here?