Plesk price increase

edited November 2021 in General

I've got this email today,

Dear Mr Amar D.

You have been using one or more Plesk licenses to administer your server with us.

At Hetzner Online, our primary goal is to offer you our products at the lowest possible price.

However, Plesk has announced that they will increase the prices for their licenses. Unfortunately, we cannot cover this price increase. Therefore, we regret that we must adjust our monthly fee for Plesk licenses. These changes will take effect on 1 January 2022.

You can see a comparison of the old and new Plesk prices here: https://docs.hetzner.com/robot/dedicated-server/operating-systems/plesk#new-prices-for-plesk-licenses-effective-on-1-january-2022

If you are unhappy with the new prices, you can cancel your Plesk license(s) via the Robot administration interface https://robot.your-server.de.

You currently have Plesk licenses for the servers listed below:

AX61-NVMe #xxxxxxxxxxxxx
AX101 #xxxxxxxxxxxxx
AX101 #xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Kind regards

Hetzner Online GmbH

Comments

• johnkjohnk Hosting Provider

I believe it was announced a while back, with the cPanel increase.

• It's a small price change that might be due to the relatively high inflation we have in most countries right now.
    But I won't be surprised if they take a price hike sometime soon and drop their unlimited subscription and change it to the same price model as cPanel Premier.

• webhostukwebhostuk Hosting Provider

Yes .. thats correct as far as I know I guess presently Plesk and Cpanel are owned by same investment company and now they are just looking for returns for the investment they have done.

• @webhostuk said: as far as I know I guess presently Plesk and Cpanel are owned by same investment company and now they are just looking for returns for the investment they have done.

It is a very modest price increase.

• This is how it starts :D

I can bet, there will be another increase in the same year.

• webhostukwebhostuk Hosting Provider

@Lee said:

@webhostuk said: as far as I know I guess presently Plesk and Cpanel are owned by same investment company and now they are just looking for returns for the investment they have done.

But the frequency of price increase is very often since the sale..we are using Cpanel more than 20 years such increase was quick price updates was never done before.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@Amadex said:
    This is how it starts :D

I can bet, there will be another increase in the same year.

It's capitalism.
    Unless you go with FOSS, you can expect price hikes. Everyone wants to make more money.
    Better stuff ("stronger" brands) will cost more compared to the less good, and/or less popular alternatives.
    If a cheap alternative gets good and popular enough, you can bet its price will also go up.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @Lee said:

@webhostuk said: as far as I know I guess presently Plesk and Cpanel are owned by same investment company and now they are just looking for returns for the investment they have done.

For now. No way are they not going to go the cPanel route? How much they would make by removing the unlimited license and switching to per account billing. Just a matter of time :/

HostXNow | Since 2009 - London, United Kingdom
    Enterprise Reseller Hosting • Shared • Reseller • VPS • Backups • cPanel