*OFFICIAL* BFCM 2021 Offers - The "All You Can Eat" thread

Comments

• gleertgleert Hosting Provider

@sportingdan said:

@gleert said:

@Unixfy said:
    Blank white screen on order page :(

You should be able to order again

I had war-like flashbacks from my dating life when I read this message, got all excited, went through the trouble of creating an account and inserting my CC details, and, just as I was about to commit, I was met with the all too familiar "sounds good, but wrong timing" :'(

Sorry!

Thanked by (1)sportingdan

Our VPSes (ask for a recurring coupon code) Mailchannels low volume plans

• @sportingdan said:

@gleert said:

@Unixfy said:

I had war-like flashbacks from my dating life when I read this message, got all excited, went through the trouble of creating an account and inserting my CC details, and, just as I was about to commit, I was met with the all too familiar "sounds good, but wrong timing" :'(

Hurts more when that last line is used at the end of third date ??

Thanked by (1)sportingdan

Squats are the new Push-ups

• @vyas said:

@sportingdan said:

@gleert said:

@Unixfy said:

Hurts more when that last line is used at the end of third date ??

third date is actually okay; 12 months later, not so much...
    on the other hand, more free time to play with VPS :sunglasses:

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • @Falzo said: the 10TB you mean? I was disappointed for a while that I did not grab something in UK back then. hopefully that won't happen if I let the 5TB slip now.

The NVMe collection I mean - including the 30% off for buying 17 (?) locations ;)

Unfortunately I have no need for so much storage :joy:

Thanked by (1)Falzo
  • @webcraft said:

@Falzo said:
    on OGF @hosthatch entered the ring. now everything is offline...

And hosthatch's panel just broke too.

Summary of what they offer this BF?

• @flips said:

@webcraft said:

@Falzo said:

here you go:

@hosthatch said:
    Hi everyone,

It's been a busy few months. We've (nearly) finished our new control panel and are deploying our new hardware across all of our global locations.

Please find our Black Friday 2021 deals below.

NVMe deals - Order here

~15 December delivery: Amsterdam, Stockholm, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York
    ~30 December delivery: Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, London, Vienna, Warsaw, Zurich, Oslo, Milan, Madrid

> 1 CPU core (12.5% dedicated, burstable up to 100%)
    > 2 GB RAM
    > 15 GB NVMe storage
    > 2 TB bandwidth (500GB in APAC)
    > $17 per year
    > 
    > 2 CPU cores (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)
    > 4 GB RAM
    > 30 GB NVMe storage
    > 5 TB bandwidth (1 TB APAC)
    > $35 per year
    > (+ 1 GB RAM, 2x bandwidth when paying for two years)
    > 
    > 3 CPU cores (100% dedicated, burstable up to 300%)
    > 8 GB RAM
    > 60 GB NVMe storage
    > 10 TB bandwidth (2 TB APAC)
    > $70 per year
    > (+ 2 GB RAM, 2x bandwidth when paying for two years)
    > 
    > 4 CPU cores (200% dedicated, burstable up to 400%)?
    > 16 GB RAM 
    > 100 GB NVMe storage
    > 20 TB bandwidth (4 TB)
    > $115 per year
    > (+ 4 GB RAM, 2x bandwidth when paying for two years)
    > 

The NVMe plans come with AMD EPYC Milan (Zen3) CPUs - AMD 7443 or similar, with Samsung Enterprise PCIe 4.0 NVMes in RAID-10.

Storage deals - Order here

~15 December delivery: Amsterdam, Stockholm, Los Angeles, and Chicago):

> 1 CPU core (fairly shared)
    > 512 MB RAM
    > 1 TB storage
    > 3 TB bandwidth
    > $35 per year ($60 per two years)
    > double the RAM and bandwidth for two years
    > 
    > 1 CPU core (fairly shared)
    > 1 GB RAM
    > 2 TB storage
    > 5 TB bandwidth
    > $55 per year ($90 per two years)
    > 
    > 2 CPU core (fairly shared)
    > 1.5 GB RAM
    > 5 TB storage
    > 10 TB bandwidth
    > $100 per year ($180 per two years)
    > 
    > 2 CPU core (fairly shared)
    > 2 GB RAM
    > 10 TB storage
    > 20 TB bandwidth
    > $175 per year ($295 per two years)
    > 

Storage plans come on E5v2 or AMD Zen1 (it is not possible to choose), with RAID-50/60 and SSD caching. These are meant to be used for mass storage, and not I/O intensive tasks.

Important notes:

• All orders are final and cannot be changed or refunded. We have limited capacity available. Please only buy if you are absolutely sure that you would like to use the server.
    • An order is considered final once it is paid for. There is no 'reservation' system.
    • We will cancel all unpaid orders after 60 minutes of them being unpaid. If you order something, do not pay for it, and it goes out of stock, we will not be able to offer it to you again.

We might offer some flash deals on Monday, however this isn't a promise. We have very limited capacity available this time around.

I understand that the pricing might look more expensive than the last year. This is to account for the newer hardware and much higher IP costs. This pricing also allows us to make a slightly healthier profit to offer you a better service and support in the future.

Thank you everyone! :)

Thanked by (3)sportingdan flips uptime
  • edited November 2021

@flips said:

@webcraft said:

@Falzo said:

here is my summary of HostHatch's 2021 BF offers: you're not missing out on anything particularly exciting.

Thanked by (3)Ouji berkay Unixfy
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer
    edited November 2021

@johnk said:

@Ympker said:
    WPVivid Backup Plugin is on sale (40% off Lifetime and Subscriptions) with code "202140off". Not really advertised on there website but I asked them via email if they are going to run a special deal and they sent me this.
    It's also on https://lifetimo.com/deal/wpvivid-backup-plugin-pro-deal/ , so, perhaps, I just didn't see where they advertise their BF Discount.

On paper, it doesn't sound bad. Tried their free plugin sometimes and it did the job, too. Maybe I'll give this a shot :P
    Automatic migration from free plugin transferred my website from website A to website B (domain and sub domain) without any problems or having to upload the backup on the destination website manually. Instead, you install the plugin on both sites and generate a key on target site which you paste in the plugin settings in the source site. Then you can just hit "Clone & Migrate".
    I know you favour server/app backups rather than WP plugins, but due to recent events maybe something for you @bikegremlin ?

@vyas maybe also for you? :P

MS and @johnk were using WPVivid, right? What's your experience with it?

WPVivid is great. You may not even need the Paid version

Thanks for the heads up - will look into it.
    Though - I check backups regularly and still prefer doing them server-side.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• visualwebtechnovisualwebtechno Hosting ProviderOG

Flash Sale DirectAdmin Shared Hosting USA, Singapore Location

30 GB SSD Disk Space (Extra 5 Gb Storage Comment your order number)
    2 TB Monthly Transfer (Extra 1TB Bandwidth Comment your order)
    Unlimited Databases
    Host 10 Domains
    Free SSL Certificates
    DirectAdmin Control Panel
    Softaculous Script Installer
    Nginx_Apache Web Server
    Order:

Thanks

• Didnt have a very good experience with ivacy when I was trying them out alongside windscribe and nordvpn. I finally splurged on a Windscribe lifetime sub, which has served me exceedingly well for a few years> @gleert said:

FLASH SALE 48€/year (+tax if applicable)

• 8 GB RAM
    • 4 CPU Cores (AMD EPYC 7351)
    • 160 GB SSD
    • 5 TB Traffic
    • 1 Gbps port speed
    • 1 IPv4
    • /64 IPv6
    • KVM

Coupon Code: UR9XE1G21N

Quantity: 8

ORDER HERE

Bloody hell! Missed it :neutral:
    PS: thanks for doing the re-run from last year. Made some people happy.

Thanked by (2)Ympker gleert
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@K4Y5 said:
    Didnt have a very good experience with ivacy when I was trying them out alongside windscribe and nordvpn. I finally splurged on a Windscribe lifetime sub, which has served me exceedingly well for a few years> @gleert said:

FLASH SALE 48€/year (+tax if applicable)

• 8 GB RAM
    • 4 CPU Cores (AMD EPYC 7351)
    • 160 GB SSD
    • 5 TB Traffic
    • 1 Gbps port speed
    • 1 IPv4
    • /64 IPv6
    • KVM

Coupon Code: UR9XE1G21N

Quantity: 8

ORDER HERE

Bloody hell! Missed it :neutral:
    PS: thanks for doing the re-run from last year. Made some people happy.

Ivacy really is only good for unblocking streams, since their chrome extensions supports lots of streaming sites. VPN Speed has very slow for me. In fact, even the cheaper FastestVPN performs much better speed-wise.

• Interesting: Seems Hosthatch has two different client panels ... (The BF orders are at cloud.hosthatch.com, while my existing service is at manage.hosthatch.com ...)

Anyways, seems Terrahost has a couple of offers:

Dedi's, 50% off, Ryzen 3950X / 128GB RAM / 1TB NVMe / 10G
    Order here
    Use code: 3950XBF2021

All VPSes: 50% off
    Order here
    Use code: BF2021VPS

• DanielDaniel OG
    edited November 2021

@flips said: Interesting: Seems Hosthatch has two different client panels ... (The BF orders are at cloud.hosthatch.com, while my existing service is at manage.hosthatch.com ...)

cloud. is their new one but AFAIK they haven't migrated existing VPSes over yet. Their older one is built on top of SolusVM whereas the new one is completely standalone.

@sportingdan said:

@flips said:

@webcraft said:

@Falzo said:

here is my summary of HostHatch's 2021 BF offers: you're not missing out on anything particularly exciting.

Their offers are good, they're just not insane like last year. They're building brand new servers with the latest AMD EPYC processors, so I don't blame them for charging a bit more.

Last year I got 3 cores (1 dedicated), 16GB RAM, 80GB NVMe, 5TB transfer for $60/year whereas this year it's 4 cores (2 dedicated), 16GB RAM, 100GB NVMe, 20TB transfer for $115/year. 2 dedicated EPYC cores are tempting, and I'm still thinking of getting it, but it may not be worth paying nearly double the price...

Thanked by (3)Falzo flips sportingdan
  • A nice offer from Free Range Cloud:

Our first #BlackFriday offer: Halifax Egg VPS' for $30/annual: https://freerangecloud.com/products.php?type=12 use promo code BF2021001

The main interest of this offer is the unusual (or "exotic") location: Halifax (in Nova Scotia, Canada)

Halifax Egg
    Single CPU Core
    1024MB ECC RAM
    30GB SSD
    5TB transfer
    1x IPv4
    /64 of IPv6
    $30 / year with code BF2021001

(The normal price for a year is $150)

Thanked by (3)Brueggus user123 uptime

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• @sportingdan said:

Their offers are good, they're just not insane like last year. They're building brand new servers with the latest AMD EPYC processors, so I don't blame them for charging a bit more.

I completely agree with you and I don't blame them either. they set the bar really high last year and I'm very thankful for that :)

• @Daniel said: Their offers are good, they're just not insane like last year. They're building brand new servers with the latest AMD EPYC processors, so I don't blame them for charging a bit more.

I'm deciding between renewing some past HH BF offer or
    "consolidating"
    into one or some of the new boxes.
    I see no appalling/unsustainable deals however is some locations/DCs their price is still a steal.

Eventually I'll renew and consolidate....

Thankfully I don't have to act fast, so I don't have to multitask across multiple FLASH offers
    I still F5 naranjatech sometimes...

• Ok no, triple-checked the renewal invoices and the new offers
    I'm going to just renew (I even managed to cut down an idler)
    I also have a tax deadline on Tuesday and I need to prepare for some financial drainage

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG
    edited November 2021

Well, there is a bit of stock on the SSD cached I can do on a flash sale:

LONDON - KVM

• 4 CPU Cores (Equal Share - E5-2640v4)
    • 2 GB Ram DDR4
    • 75 GB Disk space (SSD Cached)
    • 2000 GB Bandwidth @ 1 gbit (shared)
    • 1 x IPv4 address
    • 1 x /64 IPv6

https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=164

€25 /year when you select annual pricing.

8 Available!

Thanked by (2)angstrom beagle

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @angstrom said:
    A nice offer from Free Range Cloud:

Our first #BlackFriday offer: Halifax Egg VPS' for $30/annual: https://freerangecloud.com/products.php?type=12 use promo code BF2021001

Thanks for sharing, I would have missed that one! I wouldn't have expected my dream to come true. Cheers, @freerangecloud !

Thanked by (2)angstrom uptime

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• Storage anyone?

• 1 core
    • 512mb RAM
    • 256gb HDD
    • 2.5tb transfer
    • 1 x IPv4, /64 IPv4
    • Helsinki, Finland location
    • £20/year - Order

And also

• 2 core
    • 2gb RAM
    • 10tb HDD
    • 20tb transfer
    • 1 x IPv4, /64 IPv6
    • £200/year - Order

These are on Hetzner Finland.

TL;DR terms

• No torrenting/anything likely to be classed as copyright infringement.
    • No hardware intensive workloads (crypto, etc). If you're encoding please contact us and we'll look at whether it will have a negative effect on other users.
    • No SPAM

All prices exclude VAT where applicable.
    Orders are manually approved/checked/etc. We reserve the right to reject any order not deemed suitable.
    Payment method(s): card via Stripe. Any orders not paid within an hour will be cancelled.

Thanks for reading!

Thanked by (1)Decicus
  • @Brueggus said:

@angstrom said:
    A nice offer from Free Range Cloud:

Thanks for sharing, I would have missed that one! I wouldn't have expected my dream to come true. Cheers, @freerangecloud !

I'm tempted just because of the neat location, but I'm waiting to see what their other BF offers will be (given that they say "Our first [...]")

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

What kind of offers are you waiting for?

• Thanked by (2)ehab uptime

• johnkjohnk Hosting Provider

We have some 50% off (4x recurring) Unlimited Shared hosting plans live....a little early: https://blog.cynderhost.com/11272021bf/

• @gleert said:
    What kind of offers are you waiting for?

3gb ram, 2cpu and nvme?

• @Daniel said: @flips said: Interesting: Seems Hosthatch has two different client panels ... (The BF orders are at cloud.hosthatch.com, while my existing service is at manage.hosthatch.com ...)

cloud. is their new one but AFAIK they haven't migrated existing VPSes over yet. Their older one is built on top of SolusVM whereas the new one is completely standalone.

I think HostHatch mentioned on OGF that if old VMs are reinstalled they will automatically be migrated to cloud.hosthatch.com. I have some idling boxes @ HH so maybe I'll give this a try :)

Thanked by (1)flips
  • @InceptionHosting said: I can do on a flash sale:

Ok no, my FLASH SALE game is weak
    At this point I may just call it quits *cries*

• DanielDaniel OG
    edited November 2021

Has anyone seen any offers for 8+ GB RAM and 300+ GB SSD/NVMe? I've got that $12/m one from Wishosting that I posted a benchmark of elsewhere in this forum maybe a month ago, but it's in France, and ideally I'd like something on or near the US west coast (eg Los Angeles, San Jose, Fremont, Seattle, etc). Cloudcone's is the closest I've seen but ideally I'd like a bit more disk space and pure SSD rather than SSD cached.

FLASH SALE - 8GB NVMe VPS - 60 €/year

• 8 GB RAM
    • 4 CPU Cores (AMD EPYC 7452)
    • 120 GB NVMe
    • 20 TB Traffic
    • 1 Gbps port speed
    • 1 IPv4
    • /64 IPv6
    • KVM
    • Dronten - The Netherlands

60 €/year (+vat if applicable)

Coupon Code: VF2G0J5VJW

Quantity: 10 (First to pay will get the VPS)

ORDER HERE

• @gleert said:

thats a really nice one, if only you allow nested virtualization.

Thanked by (1)gleert