FOMO & buyers remorse (transfer offer +bonus)

cyber weekend isn't finished yet and I have to open that kind of topic already, sorry ;-)

while I am actually happy that I managed to not buy a lot of the very tempting offers, I could not let pass this nice naranjatech flash offer:

FLASH SALE 48€/year (+tax if applicable)
8 GB RAM
4 CPU Cores (AMD EPYC 7351)
160 GB SSD
5 TB Traffic
1 Gbps port speed
1 IPv4
/64 IPv6
KVM
Coupon Code: UR9XE1G21N
Quantity: 8

or... let's say I was luckily enough to be in the right spot at the right time, so I simply couldn't resist and bought it in an impulse.

thing is I have the same box already from last year and even after two days of thinking and tinkering with it, I can't think of a proper use case. would be a shame to let it sit duck (like the other one already).

so here is the chance for someone who missed the deals to get it now. asking only 45€ in return, as it is already used for two days ;-) ;-) no visible dents or scratches though!

tagging @mfs @Unixfy and @sportingdan , as I think you were the guys directly missing it when it appeared.

I also need to ask @gleert first, if they allow the transfer, but I think for the spirit of the community they won't have an issue with it (and I am for sure not asking for a premium anyway)

also here is a unique bonus offer:

there is this other naranjatech special from last year in my account, which is 1core, 1GB, 20GB, 1TB and renews at 9€/yearly! again, I simply do not have a use for it... it's paid for/set to cancellation on december 25th.

whoever wants the big one can also have the little one on top (for free)...

no I am not interested in requests for the small one individually.

any takers?

Thanked by (3)sportingdan rhinoduck mfs

Comments

• i'll take it

• @gleert is it possible to move this service to my account and refund Falzo? I want to pay directly to naranjatech via CC.

Thanked by (1)gleert
  • edited November 2021

@sonic I can open a ticket with naranjatech and ask what is the easiest way for them to handle it. don't want to cause too much extra efforts on their end only because of me backing down now ;-)

would you want the small one too?

Thanked by (1)gleert
  • @Falzo said:
    @sonic I can open a ticket with naranjatech and ask what is the easiest way for them to handle it. don't want to cause too much extra efforts on their end only because of me backing down now ;-)

Sure, make it easy for @gleert

would you want the small one too?

No thanks. Too much idle VPS now :D

Thanked by (2)Falzo gleert
  • vyasvyas OG
    edited November 2021

Edit: last line of OP overrides my below msg. Leaving as a reminder to self . Read the damn posts before jumping the gun

————

I will take the small one if not too much effort. Have an existing service with them so should be less hassle I hope.

Thx

Thanked by (1)Falzo
  • glad someone can enjoy them! I ended up buying two of the "8 GB RAM /4 CPU / 120 GB NVMe" offer and stacking them :D

Thanked by (2)Falzo localhost
  • @sportingdan said:
    glad someone can enjoy them! I ended up buying two of the "8 GB RAM /4 CPU / 120 GB NVMe" offer and stacking them :D

oh, true... you wrote that somewhere already. sorry for tagging.

Thanked by (1)sportingdan
  • I would like to buy, but it did not support nested virtualization.

Thanked by (1)Falzo

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• Nice one. Too bad nothing like that is found in US

Thanked by (2)Falzo Ouji
  • edited November 2021

@Falzo, I'd gladly take the smaller one off your hands if it's not much of a headache as I missed their smaller KVM offer this year too :)

Thanked by (1)Falzo
  • Thank you for tagging me but I ended up grabbing the same offer sportingdan managed to catch (and stack)
    I'd be tempted to grab another one but truth be told I'm still playing with other boxes I purchased to a point that I powered off in the meanwhile the naranja box I got... I have a problem I know

So I'm glad if someone else can enjoy it :-)

@imok said: Too bad nothing like that is found in US

I'd still pick something in the US as well...

• Indeed a really nice deal. I was actually ready to click the checkout button, so I could have gotten that deal, but decided that it would just be another idler (plus I already have many idlers at HostHatch from last year). Ended up closing that tab. :joy:

Either way I am pretty happy with my BFCM haul now :)

• @Unixfy said: I already have many idlers at HostHatch from last year

I have to admit put quite some of those to not renew this year before BF already. I had far too much collected across different providers anyway... look at this right here. probably one of the best offers this BF - and I have to give it away (for my own sanity).

yet no complaing, overall also quite happy with this years BF. even though the offers might not always have reached what has been offered last year, this was exactly a good enough position to weed out and only renew the real stuff 🤷‍♂️

Thanked by (2)Unixfy Ympker
  • This has been the minimal BF purchases for me.
    either too slow at the OGF BF thread. Or already have same provider.

i don't complain because i think its a blessing to my wallet.

anyway good luck dear @Falzo to get some money back.

Thanked by (3)Falzo Ympker Abdullah
  • The funny thing is, I can't cancel any of my HostHatch boxes otherwise my price will increase (due to the bundle/all locations deals) :joy:

Thanked by (1)Falzo
  • @ehab said: anyway good luck dear @Falzo to get some money back.

hehe, no worries, @gleert has been very accommodating already and things are about to be closed with @sonic
    instead of money back it'll be put directly into extending my last years service anyway ;-)

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • @Unixfy said:
    The funny thing is, I can't cancel any of my HostHatch boxes otherwise my price will increase (due to the bundle/all locations deals) :joy:

maybe check for their flash sale tomorrow and if you find what you need cancel all the old stuff all together. but I doubt whatever they come with tomorrow is gonna beat that bundle deal with extra extra %

Thanked by (1)Unixfy
  • I may be considering to "consolidate" some stuff on some new boxes, and I may let go a Hetzner SB26 (that is, 26€/mo if VAT=19%) if there's any taker in the next couple of days... otherwise I'll keep it
    Specs:
    Intel Core i7-4770
    HDD2x HDD SATA 2,0 TB Enterprise
    4x RAM 8192 MB DDR3

DC: FSN1-DC13

Hetzner now applies a fixed SB28 price for these boxes

• edited November 2021

@mfs said: Intel Core i7-4770
    HDD2x HDD SATA 2,0 TB Enterprise
    4x RAM 8192 MB DDR3

these are great value and as you pointed out not available at that old pricing anymore. I am sure someone will gladly take it off your hands, if not here, then either at OGF or hetzners own forum marketplace.

luck would have it I have the enterprise sibling at the same rate:

probably gonna let go of that soon as well though, because I also have too many dedis already 🤦‍♂️

• Agh sadly I'll be asleep at 11:00 CET and in an interview at 18:00 CET. Probably won't be able to get any of HH's flash deals (but that's probably better for my wallet :joy:)

• @mfs said: Hetzner SB26

I keep toying with letting my SB23 go (~19eur without VAT) but it's just so cheap lol. ANd 2x 3tb drives.

Thanked by (1)Falzo
  • AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG
    edited November 2021

Anyone else got this & looking to transfer out, may PM. :)
    For a project, need one in NL.

Thanked by (1)Decicus
  • @Mr_Tom said: SB23
    @Mr_Tom said: 2x 3tb drives.

pls don't tempt me pls

@Falzo said: enterprise sibling at the same rate:

I have one of those as well and also an SB30 with two more SSDs (I've scheduled a replacement for these SSDs next week since one is next to be failing according to SMART and the other one is following suit, they're used as lvm cache)

But I'm keeping this last one with me in the afterlife too

Thanked by (1)Falzo
  • I might cancel one my HostHatch storage deals from last year. It was painfully slow to download stuff using rsync without compressing. I was getting 10Mbps. Still deciding, have one day to go.

• @Ouji said:
    I might cancel one my HostHatch storage deals from last year. It was painfully slow to download stuff using rsync without compressing. I was getting 10Mbps. Still deciding, have one day to go.

which location was that?

• @ehab said: which location was that?

Chicago. I have two 2TB flash sales from last year and I'm still considering whether to cancel them because of this. The pricing is very good, but I took weeks to download the 2TB I had there.

• mission completed
    this box is really good ofc
    going to put it in production mode :D

Thanked by (1)Falzo
  • @Ouji said:

@ehab said: which location was that?

Chicago. I have two 2TB flash sales from last year and I'm still considering whether to cancel them because of this. The pricing is very good, but I took weeks to download the 2TB I had there.

Oh Chicago? I thought it was HostHatch's LA location that was problematic with speed and Chicago fared better?

• @casadebamburojo said: Oh Chicago? I thought it was HostHatch's LA location that was problematic with speed and Chicago fared better?

Well, it used to be better, not sure what happened. I'm about 150ms latency from them, but the speed has never been this bad.

Thanked by (1)casadebamburojo
  • @Ouji said:

@casadebamburojo said: Oh Chicago? I thought it was HostHatch's LA location that was problematic with speed and Chicago fared better?

Well, it used to be better, not sure what happened. I'm about 150ms latency from them, but the speed has never been this bad.

I read some poss in OGF about some degradation after the change in processor at HH Chicago?