Do you have a New Year Ritual ? (Ritual, Not Resolution)

vyasvyas OG
edited January 2022 in General

Do you guys have any rituals that you follow at the beginning of every year?

Last day of every year, my wife and I sit down and update logins/ passwords, and /or new address, phone numbers, email,etc. for critical accounts. We have been doing so for past three years now.
Between the 1st and 7th of January each year (and again on 1st and 7th of July), I change passwords for most active services. I also purge out half baked/ inactive services.
Since this morning, I have cancelled 10 services, and slayed some Ghosts of the past (Attaching an image below for example) This was a "Lifetime" storage deal w/ 1.2 TB cloud storage, the service is closing on Jan 31st. No need to wait that long IMO.
XuQPKF.md.png

Technically, our New Year begins sometimes in end of March/ early April, but we follow the Gregorian calendar for the above.

Squats are the new Push-ups

Tagged:

Comments

• @vyas said:
    Do you guys have any rituals that you follow at the beginning of every year?

Last day of every year, my wife and I sit down and update logins/ passwords, and /or new address, phone numbers, email,etc. for critical accounts. We have been doing so for past three years now.
    Between the 1st and 7th of January each year (and again on 1st and 7th of July), I change passwords for most active services. I also purge out half baked/ inactive services.
    Since this morning, I have cancelled 10 services, and slayed some Ghosts of the past (Attaching an image below for example) This was a "Lifetime" storage deal w/ 1.2 TB cloud storage, the service is closing on Jan 31st. No need to wait that long IMO.
    XuQPKF.md.png

Technically, our New Year begins sometimes in end of March/ early April, but we follow the Gregorian calendar for the above.

They made such a huge deal when publist came out. It was insane. Free storage bonuses to everyone.

Thanked by (1)vyas

Team push-ups!

• ShakibShakib Hosting Provider

I do too much online shopping at the end and beginning of a year.

Currently buying too many earphones, phone cases, router, mouse, keyboard for the whole year.

I buy same item multiple times.

Thanked by (2)localhost vyas

HostCram LLC - Web Hosting Built For Speed, Reliability, Security & Uptime! [We operate AS39618]

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

my new year ritual is to make a new year resolution.

repeats every year because well, you know, resolutions rarely ever get fulfilled.

Thanked by (1)vyas

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.