OVHcloud unveils APAC expansion plans

Comments

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

unlimited bandwidth in Asia coming soon?

India DC maybe?

Thanked by (2)Ganonk chocolateshirt

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

@cybertech said:

I'd highly doubt it...

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

edited January 2022

@MikeA said:

@cybertech said:

I'd highly doubt it...

well they just doubled some in AU for Xmas, who knows 🤭

• What's the point of opening a new Datacenter in the same city? Put one in Perth if you wanna talk about expansion

Thanked by (2)cybertech chimichurri
  • edited January 2022

This is what happens when ovh has too much money. Do they even have the clientele to justify the new data center? I highly doubt it...

Vladimir S. - IT Consultant, Entrepreneur, Web Developer, and Disability Advocate.

[email protected] | www.ivlad.net

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

@phxwolf said:
    This is what happens when ovh has too much money. Do they even have the clientele to justify the new data center? I highly doubt it...

Maybe enterprise clients.

@cybertech said:

@MikeA said:

@cybertech said:

I'd highly doubt it...

well they just doubled some in AU for Xmas, who knows 🤭

Well they are stingy with bandwidth with the strict limits, and the "only pay for unlimited to get more" ways... They are still some of the highest in the region though, besides Contabo now I guess...

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• The press release on OVHcloud's site is dated February 2021.

@cybertech said:
    India DC maybe?

Their IPO registration document mentioned they are planning this (colocation) for 2022 (https://ipo.ovhcloud.com/sites/default/files/2021-09/OVH Groupe - Registration Document (final).pdf page 124).

@corbpie said:
    What's the point of opening a new Datacenter in the same city? Put one in Perth if you wanna talk about expansion

If they were at a colocation facility (the press release indicates they are in Singapore so it's possible) perhaps the datacenter they are currently in didn't have enough space for them to expand to their required capacity? Or maybe (assuming you're able to pick which datacenter your services are located in) it's to allow clients to setup high availability systems to handle a datacenter failure with lower latency between locations? (they're currently working on this in France from Octave's recent tweets)

@Matthew said:
    The press release on OVHcloud's site is dated February 2021.

@cybertech said:
    India DC maybe?

Their IPO registration document mentioned they are planning this (colocation) for 2022 (https://ipo.ovhcloud.com/sites/default/files/2021-09/OVH Groupe - Registration Document (final).pdf page 124).

@corbpie said:
    What's the point of opening a new Datacenter in the same city? Put one in Perth if you wanna talk about expansion

If they were at a colocation facility (the press release indicates they are in Singapore so it's possible) perhaps the datacenter they are currently in didn't have enough space for them to expand to their required capacity? Or maybe (assuming you're able to pick which datacenter your services are located in) it's to allow clients to setup high availability systems to handle a datacenter failure with lower latency between locations? (they're currently working on this in France from Octave's recent tweets)

possible unlimited bandwidth in India? wowwww