News from the Gutter ...

Comments

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

Asim said: thats stupidity. If it was the old "LEAdmin", he would have caught it. He was good at such things

Well, I think the issue here is that it is the same people listing the offers running the scam.

Thanked by (1)willie

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• same person, probably some 3rd party doing the work, but with the blessing of ColonCrossing I'm sure

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

Solaire said: ID's for Google Analytics...

Sharp observation there

Thanked by (1)nickelodeon
  • @AnthonySmith - (needless to say) please feel free to move this thread to a more visible (and indexed) category.

I just dropped it here in the "Rants" section, much like a cat buryjng a particularly stinky turd in the farthest corner of the sandbox. :smirk:

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

Done.

Thanked by (1)uptime

• vyasvyas OG
    edited December 2019

Thanks for the updates

Thanked by (1)uptime

Squats are the new Push-ups

• edited December 2019

AnthonySmith said: People in the USA, what is wrong with your business regulation

I have been saying that for years; 1st hand experience of it when I lived Stateside for a while. Crap work ethic & crap consumer protection - paradoxical when you consider how litigation mad they are.

Thanked by (2)uptime pepa65

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited December 2019

@vyas said:
    Thanks for the updates

Sure thing, bro! All the news that's print to fit ... :scream:

Updating the shit list now with another four droppings: KayHosting, MyHostingSrv, UpbeatHosting, and VPSFortune

(and a respectful tip of the fedora to @Solaire and @Francisco for doing the needful to verify)

ArkaHosting
    BigFootServers
    DCNHost
    HostBRZ
    HostedSimply
    Hosting73
    KayHosting
    KudoHosting
    LQHosting
    MegaZoneHosting
    MyHostingSrv
    N3Servers
    ServerStrong
    SnowVPS
    SolvedByData
    SparkVPS
    StrongHosting
    SuperbVPS
    SupremeVPS
    TCNHosting
    UMaxHosting
    UpbeatHosting
    VPSFortune
    WelcomeHosting
    X4Servers

Thanked by (1)pepa65

• If you're going to throw more shit into the pile, they also have an identical facebook pixel id, google analytics tab, and identical wordpress plugins installed that form a rather unique combination

Thanked by (2)uptime pepa65
    edited December 2019

ah bollocks, sick of this nonsense.

$100 for the first person that irrefutably ties this to someone i.e. provides the smoking gun.

• @uptime lol I like the word "droppings". Pieces of crap indeed.

Thanked by (1)uptime

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited December 2019

@AnthonySmith said:

$100 for the first person that irrefutably ties this to someone i.e. provides the smoking gun.

Thanked by (1)pepa65

• I have been tracking LEBRE's statistics and very interestingly, since the news of the mass deadpooling broke, the top 3 providers in the whitelist who has been clicked on are:

1. ExtraVM @MikeA
    2. Buyshared @Francisco
    3. NexusBytes @seriesn

Given the dozens on the page, I find it surprising that two of the three are providers which I made a note that they offer AMD Ryzen VPS. This doesn't look coincidental. Hope this is information that providers can use when planning expansion. :)

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• AmitzAmitz OG
    edited December 2019

@AnthonySmith said:

Excellent idea. I contribute further $100 to the bounty.

So $200 in total for providing the smoking gun.

@AnthonySmith: Let me know if you receive information/proof that is worth the bounty and I will send those $100 to you via paypal to add it to the payment of the informer.

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).
    Certified braindead since 1974 and still perfectly happy.

• DazzleDazzle OG
    edited December 2019

@Amitz said:

@AnthonySmith said:

@AnthonySmith: Let me know if you receive information/proof that is worth the bounty and I will send those $100 to you via paypal to add it to the payment

Found the agency who build these sites. It is mercantilo.com. Tracked by Google Analytics UA ID.

https://i.ibb.co/KDJpNtf/Screenshot-20191209-191858.jpg

Okay LES detective, now's your turn.

Thanked by (4)Amitz tgl pepa65 poisson

UpCloud free $25 through this aff link - Akamai, DigitalOcean and Vultr alternative, multiple location, IPv6.

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited December 2019

@Amitz said:

@AnthonySmith: Let me know if you receive information/proof that is worth the bounty and I will send those $100 to you via paypal to add it to the payment of the informer.

• tgltgl OG
    edited December 2019

by Florian Laplantif @mercantilo.com

Florian Laplantif is the CEO & Owner of Mercantilo, and has over 10 years of experience working in the software and digital marketing space, including working at Facebook for over 5 years on various analytics and ads products.

Thanked by (1)pepa65
  • Nice work @Solaire !

I only wish we could have publicized that finding before November.

Thanked by (2)mfs uptime
  • tgltgl OG
    edited December 2019

we should also contact mr florian to see 'what's he's got to say' (c) 2019 ColoCrossing

i'm pretty sure he knows what he's working on because he set up that analytics on all the websites

Thanked by (1)pepa65
  • He's Scientologist, according to his LinkedIn profile. Don't mess with an Operating Thetan... B)

Thanked by (2)pepa65 WSS

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).

• Whoa.. the LESleuths are on overdrive

Thanked by (1)pepa65

Just keep in mind that MAY only be the site template designer but it will be interesting to hear what his reason is for having his analytics account linked to so many scams. my bet: "I put the code in when designing the sites and forgot to remove it" :+1:

Thanked by (5)uptime tgl vimalware pepa65 bjo

• seriesnseriesn OG
    edited December 2019

@poisson said:
    I have been tracking LEBRE's statistics and very interestingly, since the news of the mass deadpooling broke, the top 3 providers in the whitelist who has been clicked on are:

1. ExtraVM @MikeA
    2. Buyshared @Francisco
    3. NexusBytes @seriesn

Given the dozens on the page, I find it surprising that two of the three are providers which I made a note that they offer AMD Ryzen VPS. This doesn't look coincidental. Hope this is information that providers can use when planning expansion. :)

I think and could be wrong, but it is less due to AMD and more would be the customer service. I can vouch for Fran because I dealt with him directly in the past, Mike is super approachable and I always try my best to solve customers issues without any BS or run around.

You attract more flies with Honey than Vinegar :)

Thanked by (1)pepa65
  • poissonpoisson OG
    edited December 2019

@seriesn said:

@poisson said:
    I have been tracking LEBRE's statistics and very interestingly, since the news of the mass deadpooling broke, the top 3 providers in the whitelist who has been clicked on are:

1. ExtraVM @MikeA
    2. Buyshared @Francisco
    3. NexusBytes @seriesn

I think and could be wrong, but it is less due to AMD and more would be the customer service. I can vouch for Fran because I dealt with him directly in the past, Mike is super approachable and I always try my best to solve customers issues without any BS or run around.

You attract more flies with Honey than Vinegar :)

You are not wrong in that the top contenders are all superb in terms of customer service, but I think the folks who come of LEBRE may not necessarily be following LET, so I think the more likely explanation is that AMD did make a difference. I shall see if HostDoc comes charging up now that he is offering Ryzen too.

• some analysis of the cpanel license / server status of the shitpool 25, posted by Jord from BaseServ (who is also a mod on LET)

Thanked by (1)pepa65

• edited December 2019

ROFL. I must admit I am amused, CC went through and removed all the threads talking about the scam businesses they run and any links to the ZDnet article except in maybe the cest pit. That's pretty fucking sad!

Cheers!

Have an Allwinner H3 device? Android? Check out H3Droid! | Lichee Pi Zero - The 6$ SBC | #SYSarm - Get It! | Atomic Pi - $35 x86 SBC
    20+ Years IT Experience in Linux/Windows Hosting, Administration and Development

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    ROFL. I must admit I am amused, CC went through and removed all the threads talking about the scam businesses they run and any links to the ZDnet article except in maybe the cest pit. That's pretty fucking sad!

Cheers!

I am lost.

• @poisson he used a time machine, i guess he posted too early as he is confused because of time travelling

• @TheLinuxBug said:

Cheers!

Please kindly elaborate...