Looking for VPS to host my website. Needed your recommendations!

LetMeBeSadLetMeBeSad Hosting ProviderOG

Heya!

So I'm having my own website(that does not have much load at all, all db is not so big). It includes the WHMCS + Support Panel + The main website.

For this combination, I'm looking VPS.

What do I need? I think the main thing that should be decent => Peering and Network. My website should work smoothly and do not have 'long' loading outside Europe(i will use CDN).
Second thing that is SSD/NVMe disks. We need to have a smooth and fast operations made in the background.
Bonus if it will be the latest CPU(like EPYC / Gold), but not necessarily, just bonus
And yeah, stability.

Looking something from 4GB RAM, 2 vCPU would be totally fine, From 30 SSD/NVMe SSD space and 1-2 TB of bandwidth would be fine too, of course, if more, then even better!

For sure, it should be hosted in the EU.

Now I'm looking for LeaseWeb / OVH / Worldstream(dedicated server). One of the biggest companies that I know and witch are having good peering all around the world. Witch one you could suggest to me? Maybe there is something better in your opinion.

P.S Still I'm quite incomprehensible because NVMe SSDs are better and LW / OVH offers SSD, so idk if I will loose totally in performance. Also, I can manage it by myself, no worries. The CP is not a must but is only a bonus.

Waiting for your options and recommendations!

We don't talk about price here, the main thing at the end, I want to get a quality product.

Cheers!

Spaceberg.cc - Your favorite Seedbox provider!

Thanked by (2)uptime dahartigan
Tagged:

Comments

• I heard you need quality, dependable and powerful servers, in Europe..

Have you heard of Hetzner? :-)

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• LetMeBeSadLetMeBeSad Hosting ProviderOG
    edited December 2019

@dahartigan said:
    I heard you need quality, dependable and powerful servers, in Europe..

Have you heard of Hetzner? :-)

Hey! Thank you for your reply. Not quite powerfull really, because my project is not 'recourse eating'.

Yep, I heard about then, as I see per https://www.peeringdb.com/net/1766 this data, they have peering only in Europe, so I'm quite stuck on this. I'm not sure if the performance will stay great in US/Asia.

• @Clouvider if UK is an option.

Thanked by (2)LetMeBeSad Clouvider
    edited December 2019

@Mr_Tom said:
    @Clouvider if UK is an option.

Thank you! Yeah, all Europe countries are OK if they match my needs :)

Thanked by (1)Mr_Tom

• LetMeBeSad said: Thank you! Yeah, all Europe countries are OK if they match my needs

They do SSD Cloud VPS based on OnApp, or there options for SSD or NVME dedicated servers, I think they've still got some sale servers left with SSD/NVME.

Free DirectAdmin too if you wanted a control panel.

Thanked by (1)LetMeBeSad
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

Why worry if cdn is used

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited December 2019

hello @LetMeBeSad and welcome to LES! I enjoy reading a spirited request so am appreciating this one. I suspect you will get good suggestions and discussion here.

My own experience with a few solid hosts in the EU leads me to recommend as a gold standard for comparison CrownCloud (@SpeedBus ), who have been in business for a good handful of years now. I think this offer for KVM in Frankfurt and Amsterdam looks like a good match for your requested specs:

SSD Plan 1
    4 GB RAM
    60 GB SSD
    4 core fair-share access include
    1 Snapshot (User can restore/create/destroy snapshot from the panel)
    KVM based
    2 TB bandwidth per month
    1 Gbit/sec upink
    1 IPv4
    /64 IPv6

$7/month or $35/semi-annual

Order Links

Others to compare - several who are also here on this forum: (@Hetzner_OL) HostDoc (@HostDoc), NexusBytes (@seriesn), and UltraVPS.eu (@UltraVPS ) - all offering services in Germany, also some in France and the Netherlands

I think BuyVM (@Francisco) in Luxembourg is another good option to know about if you can get one to meet your specs, it would be $15 for a KVM with 4 GB ram / 80 GB ssd / dedicated vcore @ 3.5+ GHz. Very nice and can be worth the price - the trick to get one is to check availability on the 1st and 7th of each month using https://buyvmstock and/or can setup notifications via https://serverhunter.com)

and might also check with First-Root for reliable service in Düsseldorf

HS4LIFE (+ (* 3 4) (* 5 6))

@cybertech said:
    Why worry if cdn is used

Want to get all of it :)

@uptime said:
    hello @LetMeBeSad and welcome to LES! I enjoy reading a spirited request so am appreciating this one. I suspect you will get good suggestions and discussion here.

My own experience with a few solid hosts in the EU leads me to recommend as a gold standard for comparison CrownCloud (@SpeedBus ), who have been in business for a good handful of years now. I think this offer for KVM in Frankfurt and Amsterdam looks like a good match for your requested specs:

> SSD Plan 1
    > 4 GB RAM
    > 60 GB SSD
    > 4 core fair-share access include
    > 1 Snapshot (User can restore/create/destroy snapshot from the panel)
    > KVM based
    > 2 TB bandwidth per month
    > 1 Gbit/sec upink
    > 1 IPv4
    > /64 IPv6
    > 
    > $7/month or $35/semi-annual
    > 

Order Links

Others to compare - several who are also here on this forum: (@Hetzner_OL) HostDoc (@HostDoc), NexusBytes (@seriesn), and UltraVPS.eu (@UltraVPS ) - all offering services in Germany, also some in France and the Netherlands

I think BuyVM (@Francisco) in Luxembourg is another good option to know about if you can get one to meet your specs, it would be $15 for a KVM with 4 GB ram / 80 GB ssd / dedicated vcore @ 3.5+ GHz. Very nice and can be worth the price - the trick to get one is to check availability on the 1st and 7th of each month using https://buyvmstock and/or can setup notifications via https://serverhunter.com)

and might also check with First-Root for reliable service in Düsseldorf

Thank you! Do you know which DC they are using in the Netherlands?

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited December 2019

@LetMeBeSad said:

CrownCloud?

Equinix AM11, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Test IPv4: 185.208.208.3
    Test IPv6: 2a0b:3c40:1:103::1

You may be able to get more details about peering and performance from @SpeedBus

Thanked by (1)LetMeBeSad

edited December 2019

@uptime said:

@LetMeBeSad said:

CrownCloud?

> Equinix AM11, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    > Test IPv4: 185.208.208.3
    > Test IPv6: 2a0b:3c40:1:103::1
    > 

You may be able to get more details about peering and performance from @SpeedBus

Yes, exactly. It would be awesome if he could share the details :)

• someshzadesomeshzade Hosting ProviderOG

1+ Hetzner

Had a good experience with them so far!

Thanked by (1)Hetzner_OL

Nexa Racks - Reliable Web Hosting Company

• uptimeuptime OG
    edited December 2019

I have a 4 GB KVM from CrownCloud in Los Angeles - geekbench from about 5 months ago is decent https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/14262365 - nothing too crazy but more than sufficient for my application. This node is an E5-2650 @ 2.6 GHz - possibly they have something else in Amsterdam. I like to suggest CrownCloud for reliable service and responsive support - based on my own experience with them over the last 2 years or so.

Thanked by (2)LetMeBeSad SpeedBus

• AK_KWHAK_KWH Hosting ProviderOG

@Francisco @HostDoc & intovps might be your choice after that all which you mentioned

Thanked by (2)uptime Francisco

KhanWebHost Cheap Shared Hosting | Cheap KVM VPS (DE,UK,US,FR) | KVM Sale - LES Offers

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Hosting ProviderOG

@LetMeBeSad said:

@uptime said:

@LetMeBeSad said:

CrownCloud?

> > Equinix AM11, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    > > Test IPv4: 185.208.208.3
    > > Test IPv6: 2a0b:3c40:1:103::1
    > > 

Yes, exactly. It would be awesome if he could share the details :)

Thank you for the mention @uptime :+1:

Network mix is pretty much, https://bgp.he.net/AS60144#_asinfo

Host-Node CPU it's a Dual E5-2670 for now, 8x SSD in RAID, you get 1 remote-snapshot-slot as well so you can create a snapshot and keep aside as well (restore/create/delete available via the panel).

Disk I/O should be pretty good, if looking at the standard DD test, from the host-node,

[root@NL1 ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync; unlink test
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.42548 s, 753 MB/s
    [root@NL1 ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync; unlink test
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.40537 s, 764 MB/s
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.22197 s, 879 MB/s
    [root@NL1 ~]#

Thanked by (2)uptime LetMeBeSad

CrownCloud - Internet Services | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Atlanta, Georgia | Miami, Florida

• vyasvyas OG
    edited December 2019

@intovps is a good choice as well. Also check out some of the BF/CM offers if you are adventure seeking. Some seem to be working for e.g. alphavps offers.
    As a courtesy to the host, do message them or raise a ticket and check if the offer is still on.

Not too long ago there was a host who had an awesome, limited time offer. Three days after the offer ended, I was still able to order. I PM'd them just as I received their message which read something like , "I am sorry your order should not have gone through, but it did. I don't really have that configuration anymore, at best I can offer X."

I could have complained, moaned, and got the deal or a different version. But I opted to cancel the order. Now I can bust their chops over that incident for a long time.

You weigh the gains and the losses. :-)

p.s: on a lighter note, if they do not respond, tell them @uptime will be upset and they just might comply. And it is rare for uptime to get upset. All that chayote juice!!!

Thanked by (1)uptime

Squats are the new Push-ups

@LetMeBeSad said:

@cybertech said:
    Why worry if cdn is used

Want to get all of it :)

Network wise , can consider clouvider, First-Colo, Combahton for EU.

Thanked by (1)poisson

• Clouvider's networks are premium potassium.

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• @SpeedBus thanks for the rundown - IMO one of the better options when reliability is a priority

@vyas lol I am no stress when I put some system to the test

@LetMeBeSad - for network in NL there is of course also the most excellent @liteserver - with options for NVMe (not cheap, they do have nice discounts on Black Friday)

Thanked by (2)SpeedBus LetMeBeSad

Also kept one of UltraVPS AMS boxes because of Leaseweb.

Thanked by (1)uptime

• seriesnseriesn OG
    edited December 2019

LetMeBeSad said: Second thing that is SSD/NVMe disks. We need to have a smooth and fast operations made in the background.
    Bonus if it will be the latest CPU(like EPYC / Gold), but not necessarily, just bonus
    And yeah, stability.

Looking something from 4GB RAM, 2 vCPU would be totally fine, From 30 SSD/NVMe SSD space and 1-2 TB of bandwidth would be fine too, of course, if more, then even better!

Hey Bud,
    First of all, don't be sad :) and welcome to LES!

https://nexusbytes.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=56 (AMD Ryzen 7 + NVMe, speed is the last thing you will ever have to worry about ) this might be exactly what you are looking for :), located in Germany .

Feel free to shoot me a pm if you need something custom, we do offer 48 hours refund policy for your peace of mind.

Thanked by (1)LetMeBeSad
  • @uptime said:

> SSD Plan 1
    > 4 GB RAM
    > 60 GB SSD
    > 4 core fair-share access include
    > 1 Snapshot (User can restore/create/destroy snapshot from the panel)
    > KVM based
    > 2 TB bandwidth per month
    > 1 Gbit/sec upink
    > 1 IPv4
    > /64 IPv6
    > 
    > $7/month or $35/semi-annual
    > 

That's really interesting, do they have offer for US West Coast / SEA location?

Thanked by (1)SpeedBus

LEMPer is yet another LEMP stack installer (plus cli-based LEMP stack management tool).
    Start your LEMP stack on the reliable cloud VPS instance starting only from around $5/mo.

• @LetMeBeSad You can check our latest offer thread on LES here
    Core i9, Xeon Gold and Ryzen 9 available.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Hosting ProviderOG

@masedi said:

@uptime said:

> > SSD Plan 1
    > > 4 GB RAM
    > > 60 GB SSD
    > > 4 core fair-share access include
    > > 1 Snapshot (User can restore/create/destroy snapshot from the panel)
    > > KVM based
    > > 2 TB bandwidth per month
    > > 1 Gbit/sec upink
    > > 1 IPv4
    > > /64 IPv6
    > > 
    > > $7/month or $35/semi-annual
    > > 

That's really interesting, do they have offer for US West Coast / SEA location?

Hey!
    Yup! We've got a West Coast (Los Angeles, California, USA) location as well, same configuration/cost, 2 networks to pick from, Psychz or Quadranet,

• Quadranet TestIP: 173.254.204.65
    • Psychz Test IP: 104.149.18.203

Link: https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=376

CrownCloud - Internet Services | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Atlanta, Georgia | Miami, Florida

edited December 2019

Thank you all for the recommendations!

@seriesn Sorry! But I'm more likely targeting on server CPU, not 'desktop' ones :)

@HostDoc The Gold one is hosted by OVH, I'm correct?

@SpeedBus I think I should test your nodes.

@cybertech Why not just order then from LeaseWeb directly?

Thanked by (1)seriesn

• @LetMeBeSad said:

@seriesn Sorry! But I'm more likely targeting on server CPU, not 'desktop' ones :)

@SpeedBus I think I should test your nodes.

Well my good sir,
    I can do E5/E3 too :)

• @LetMeBeSad said:

No, it is with Incero (Hivelocity) in Dallas Texas.

@LetMeBeSad said:

Yeah sure don't let anybody stop you

So in the end, I'm choosing between Vultr and Crowncloud :)

If you are interested, I could post benchmark tests.

Thanked by (2)uptime SpeedBus