CrownCloud - 4 GB RAM + 60 GB SSD - KVM at FRA / LAX / AMS / MIA - $7/month & more!

SpeedBusSpeedBus Hosting ProviderOG
edited March 28 in Offers

Hello,
We've been around for 10+ years and own & colocate our hardware / networking gear and have our own ARIN / RIPE issued IPs as well. Checkout our offers based on our range of SSD services available below,

Our website: https://crowncloud.net/

Datacenters

• Frankfurt, Germany: Test IPv4: 193.29.57.15 / Test IPv6: 2a0a:51c0:0:1f:291d::1
  • Amsterdam, The Netherlands: Test IPv4: 185.243.112.16 / Test IPv6: 2a0b:3c40:11:224f::1
  • Los Angeles, USA: Test IPv4: 204.152.203.65 / Test IPv6: 2607:fcd0:0:a::1
  • Miami, USA: Test IPv4: 173.44.32.10 / Test IPv6: 2607:ff48:aa83:1a9d::1

SSD Plan Yearly
1 GB RAM
20 GB SSD
1 TB Bandwidth
2 CPU cores fair-share access include (Dual Intel E5v4 Series CPU)
1 IPv4
1 Gbps uplink
1 Full VPS Snapshot Slot

$25/year

Order Link:

SSD Plan 1
4 GB RAM
60 GB SSD
4 CPU core fair-share access include (Dual Intel E5v4 Series CPU)
1 Snapshot (User can restore/create/destroy snapshot from the panel)
KVM based
2 TB bandwidth per month
1 Gbit/sec upink
1 IPv4
/64 IPv6

$7/month or $35/semi-annual

Order Links

SSD Plan 2
2 GB RAM
30 GB SSD
4 CPU core fair-share access include (Dual Intel E5v4 Series CPU)
1 Snapshot (User can restore/create/destroy snapshot from the panel)
KVM based
2 TB bandwidth per month
1 Gbit/sec upink
1 IPv4
/64 IPv6

$5/month or $25/semi-annual

Order Links

Operating systems:

• We've got 1-click install templates for CentOS 7/8, AlmaLinux 8/9, Rocky Linux 8/9, Debian 11/12, various Ubuntu(s) upto 22.04, Windows 2016/2019/2022.
  • Also do note, We do not provide licenses for Windows, the customer is responsible for the license on the machine.

Other information / Features

CrownCloud - Internet Services | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Atlanta, Georgia | Miami, Florida

Thanked by (2)skorous Decicus

Comments

• ridiculously expensive.

ipv4 test for AMS and FRA don't work.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Hosting ProviderOG

@zgato said:
    ridiculously expensive.

The plans for sure aren't like our BlackFriday/CyberMonday deals but they do include 1 snapshot slot each which is stored remotely/offsite (even the $25/year one does), Could you tell me what spec / price point would be more acceptable that you're looking for? We've even got our Ryzen 7950X/7950X3Ds if looking for something different :)

ipv4 test for AMS and FRA don't work.

Apologies, has been corrected now. I seem to have copy-pasted the older test IPs by mistake.

CrownCloud - Internet Services | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Atlanta, Georgia | Miami, Florida

• edited March 28

@SpeedBus said:

@zgato said:
    ridiculously expensive.

The plans for sure aren't like our BlackFriday/CyberMonday deals but they do include 1 snapshot slot each which is stored remotely/offsite (even the $25/year one does), Could you tell me what spec / price point would be more acceptable that you're looking for? We've even got our Ryzen 7950X/7950X3Ds if looking for something different :)

i mean, just look at your competition, i've got $10 USD/yr deals that are better than what you offer for $25 USD/yr
    oh, and that said provider isn't new here, since 2006.

i've got Ryzen 9 7950X3D deals for around 15€/yr too.

we're not in BF so I don't expect this much, but almost Easter now :)
    1TB is quite low, even for modern standards I must say. (your locations are not exotic to say bandwidth is expensive)

can I also ask for a yabs of your $25USD plan? you may need to add some SWAP for Geekbench values (or GB5 maybe works with that)

• That's the situation where I actually agree with Frankieboy and bikegremlin. This isn't commenting on the host's service (which I believe should be allowed under the offer), but rather ad-thrashing.
    Quoting other hosts' pricing under a sales thread has nothing to do with this host. While there may be cheaper hosts, there are also significantly more expensive ones. So, what's the point? Their business plan is what it is. You can't enforce your preferences onto them.

Thanked by (3)ahnlak i4P1 DanSummer
  • edited March 28

@Mumbly said:
    That's the situation where I actually agree with Frankieboy and bikegremlin. This isn't commenting on the host's service (which I believe should be allowed under the offer), but rather ad-thrashing.
    Quoting other hosts' pricing under a sales thread has nothing to do with this host. While there may be cheaper hosts, there are also significantly more expensive ones. So, what's the point? Their business plan is what it is. You can't enforce your preferences onto them.

Did I mention any host name?
    nope. Because I get it.

This is an offer sale, and my true opinion, he asked me for feedback and I provided him so he gets an idea.
    I just said initially that it's ridiculously expensive, which I still think it is.

if my comment is inappropiate, I spawn @FrankZ / @bikegremlin so they can take a look and take appropiate actions.

• How do you know? What's your experience with their service?

• edited March 28

@Mumbly said:
    How do you know? What's your experience with their service?

the price is public
    what do i need to know.

it's Intel E5v4, I know what I'm expecting
    and normal SSDs, not even NVMe.

ridiculously expensive.

Thanked by (1)niknar1900
  • But you still don't get it, do you? Like I said, that's nothing but ad-thrashing because price isn't determined by your personal preferences, and that just sucks.

• @Mumbly said:
    But you still don't get it, do you? Like I said, that's nothing but ad-thrashing because price isn't determined by your personal preferences, and that just sucks.

i get your point, and that first message I sent could've just been avoided in the first place
    same as you derailing this thread by sending me a dm / flagging the message.

• I agree, there are providers who provide the same specs at a lower price.
    And there are providers who charge more.

But what's important for me is that @SpeedBus' services are very reliable. I don't remember any major outage or performance issues since 2017 when I signed up with them. And even when things go wrong, they provide fast and no-bullshit support. Their custom control panel works great, so you don't have to deal with the quirks Virtualizor and SolusVM have.

And while I love the cheap deals we get here, I would always take my production stuff to a provider like Crown Cloud and I'm happy to pay a few bucks more for less hassle.

Thanked by (4)SpeedBus skorous RIYAD i4P1

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• @Brueggus said:
    I agree, there are providers who provide the same specs at a lower price.

But what's important for me is that @SpeedBus' services are very reliable. I don't remember any major outage or performance issues since 2017 when I signed up with them. And even when things go wrong, they provide fast and no-bullshit support. Their custom control panel works great, so you don't have to deal with the quirks Virtualizor and SolusVM have.

And while I love the cheap deals we get here, I would always take my production stuff to a provider like Crown Cloud and I'm happy to pay a few bucks more for less hassle.

Exactly and I mean come you get @SpeedBus as well it is a no brainer!!

Thanked by (3)SpeedBus skorous i4P1

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

edited March 29

Thank you for the support guys, it's appreciated for sure :)

I do understand that price points are always a sensitive / tricky topic depending on the customers expectations/requirements, if someone's had a good experience at a lower price point, a higher price point for a similar service perhaps doesn't make sense/value at first. But in the long term we've done a lot in other areas (control panel, documentation and actual 24/7 support) so I do hope that these other things too help make up for the difference in price point, because there's only so much you can do with the hardware side these days, everyone's got their own networking setups going, everyone's got a E5/Gold/Ryzen/EPYC etc.

@zgato said: i mean, just look at your competition, i've got $10 USD/yr deals that are better than what you offer for $25 USD/yr

I envy providers who are able to maintain margins at $10/year or 15€/year (on a 7950X3D) -- given that some of the recent quotes I got for building out a 7950X with 192GB RAM + AIO/Liquid Cooling was around the $2200+ mark (without disks), It just isn't possible for us, sorry :/

Looking at the lowest we've gone historically was between $15-$17 (for OpenVZ or tiny KVM VPSes) which wouldn't work too well with many distros in 2024 (eg with 256 MB-512 MB RAM). So we try to find a good spot at $25/year with a few things like the snapshot slot included as well.

@zgato said: can I also ask for a yabs of your $25USD plan? you may need to add some SWAP for Geekbench values (or GB5 maybe works with that)

Sure thing,

root@mia1:~# wget -qO- yabs.sh | bash
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2024-03-05                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Thu Mar 28 04:52:03 PM UTC 2024

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2697 v4 @ 2.30GHz
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 2299.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 969.2 MiB
    Swap       : 512.0 MiB
    Disk       : 24.0 GiB
    Distro     : Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
    Kernel     : 5.15.0-56-generic
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ✔ Online

IPv6 Network Information:
    ISP        : QuadraNet Enterprises LLC
    ASN        : AS8100 QuadraNet Enterprises LLC
    Host       : QuadraNet
    Location   : Miami, Florida (FL)
    Country    : United States

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50) (Partition /dev/vda3):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 243.47 MB/s  (60.8k) | 1.75 GB/s    (27.4k)
    Write      | 244.11 MB/s  (61.0k) | 1.76 GB/s    (27.5k)
    Total      | 487.59 MB/s (121.8k) | 3.51 GB/s    (54.9k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 1.91 GB/s     (3.7k) | 1.95 GB/s     (1.9k)
    Write      | 2.02 GB/s     (3.9k) | 2.08 GB/s     (2.0k)
    Total      | 3.93 GB/s     (7.6k) | 4.04 GB/s     (3.9k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 724 Mbits/sec   | 252 Mbits/sec   | 102 ms
    Eranium         | Amsterdam, NL (10G)       | 745 Mbits/sec   | 658 Mbits/sec   | 115 ms
    Telia           | Helsinki, FI (10G)        | 705 Mbits/sec   | 192 Mbits/sec   | 138 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | busy            | busy            | 200 ms
    Leaseweb        | Singapore, SG (10G)       | 597 Mbits/sec   | 628 Mbits/sec   | 223 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 868 Mbits/sec   | 318 Mbits/sec   | 63.9 ms
    Leaseweb        | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 908 Mbits/sec   | 742 Mbits/sec   | 34.7 ms
    Edgoo           | Sao Paulo, BR (1G)        | 757 Mbits/sec   | 254 Mbits/sec   | 128 ms

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 782 Mbits/sec   | 407 Mbits/sec   | 102 ms
    Eranium         | Amsterdam, NL (10G)       | 792 Mbits/sec   | 595 Mbits/sec   | 115 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 604 Mbits/sec   | 227 Mbits/sec   | 200 ms
    Leaseweb        | Singapore, SG (10G)       | 596 Mbits/sec   | 549 Mbits/sec   | 223 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 877 Mbits/sec   | 393 Mbits/sec   | 63.7 ms
    Leaseweb        | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 897 Mbits/sec   | 725 Mbits/sec   | 34.6 ms
    Edgoo           | Sao Paulo, BR (1G)        | 775 Mbits/sec   | 250 Mbits/sec   | 128 ms

Running GB6 benchmark test... *cue elevator music*chmod 600 /swapfile
    Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 690
    Multi Core      | 908
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/5504341

YABS completed in 19 min 33 sec

Thanked by (1)i4P1

@Brueggus said:

Thank you for the support and being our customer since all those years! Truly appreciate it :)

@AuroraZero said:

@Brueggus said:

Exactly and I mean come you get @SpeedBus as well it is a no brainer!!

hehe thank you too! the support is very much appreciated :)

• I've used crowncloud for awhile. I've not used support much, but when dedipath went bye-bye, a host rare problem arose, or an old plan was queued up for cancellation they have been very customer-focused and responsive. Their overall system reliability has also been better than average than most in my estimation. I wouldn't dispute there are others who will sell for less, but competitors ought to know what their stuff is worth. The only minor nit I'd have is, while they do have their own ASN and some netblocks, they use a lot of upstream address space. However, readdressing events have been relatively rare.

Thanked by (1)SpeedBus
  • @zgato

Please be quite bro. No need to make price comparison here.

• @Fritz said:
    @zgato

I've ended up apologizing directly to him on DMs
    and got a VM too.

Thanked by (4)Chievo Mumbly SpeedBus i4P1
  • Just to say that these look like attractive offers from a well-known provider. I feel tempted ...

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

@angstrom said:
    Just to say that these look like attractive offers from a well-known provider. I feel tempted ...

Thank you! :) Let me know if you're looking to try or need something slightly different (less RAM, more disk) or (more RAM, less disk etc), always open to working out a custom plan so that it fits your requirement exactly :)

Thanked by (1)angstrom

@jtk said:
    I've used crowncloud for awhile. I've not used support much, but when dedipath went bye-bye, a host rare problem arose, or an old plan was queued up for cancellation they have been very customer-focused and responsive. Their overall system reliability has also been better than average than most in my estimation. I wouldn't dispute there are others who will sell for less, but competitors ought to know what their stuff is worth. The only minor nit I'd have is, while they do have their own ASN and some netblocks, they use a lot of upstream address space. However, readdressing events have been relatively rare.

Thank you for the feedback and support! Appreciate it :)

@zgato said:

@Fritz said:
    @zgato

I've ended up apologizing directly to him on DMs
    and got a VM too.

Thank you for giving us a chance, hope things work well for your usage! Feel free to drop in a message or ticket if anything and we'll do our best :)

Thanked by (1)zgato

• I've been using crowncloud for nearly a year... Great provider, fast support (15 mins response time on average) and knowledgeable and helpful team

They may be marginally more expensive than some of the other providers here but... you get what you pay for; there are certainly more expensive providers providing less support and worse performance.

Thanked by (1)SpeedBus
    edited April 10

@chip said:
    I've been using crowncloud for nearly a year... Great provider, fast support (15 mins response time on average) and knowledgeable and helpful team

They may be marginally more expensive than some of the other providers here but... you get what you pay for; there are certainly more expensive providers providing less support and worse performance.

Thank you -- Glad to have you onboard too! :)

(Apologies for the late reply here on LES, I was a bit unwell this past week) :sweat_smile:

• @zgato said:

@SpeedBus said:

@zgato said:
    ridiculously expensive.

i mean, just look at your competition, i've got $10 USD/yr deals that are better than what you offer for $25 USD/yr

we're not in BF so I don't expect this much, but almost Easter now :)
    1TB is quite low, even for modern standards I must say. (your locations are not exotic to say bandwidth is expensive)

can I also ask for a yabs of your $25USD plan? you may need to add some SWAP for Geekbench values (or GB5 maybe works with that)

It's because they're with Quadranet which is not cheap.