SSH Port Client Connection

Hi all, I need some hints from you.
My problem is NAT service and port 22 not used to SSH client connection.
I bought a NAT service about 2 months ago and port 22 of SSH client connection is ok.
Last week, I bought a same NAT service and make a SSH conection, however the connection time out, then I open a ticket, and My anwser open ticket help is port 22 not used to SSH client connection
Two days ago, I bought another NAT service, then I got through the conection with IPv4 server with port 22.
I don't know what happen yet, although I have checked the page service in many time. Port 22 is also default port to my server.

Thanks a lot,

Tagged:

Comments

• It is NAT, your assigned external port for SSH for ipv4 is forwarded to your port 22. If you want to directly use port 22 use ipv6.

• Read carefully the instructions of the welcome email you received from your provider. You normally get an external shared IPv4 and a custom port that is redirect to your SSH port on the internal network.

Thanked by (2)Amitz Kingzerro
  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

It seems highly unlikely that you are using port 22 for SSH on a NAT service, please provide more specific information, xxx out the last 2 octets of the IP's and paste the instruction emails or something, I am sure we can help you out.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @InceptionHosting said:
    It seems highly unlikely that you are using port 22 for SSH on a NAT service, please provide more specific information, xxx out the last 2 octets of the IP's and paste the instruction emails or something, I am sure we can help you out.

Many thanks to @InceptionHosting , and I am very sure using port 22 for SSH on a NAT service.
    Here is IPv4 45.61.147.135 could you check it out when you have spare time.
    And some informations paste from email;

IPv4 NAT IP Information

You have been assigned a range of 20 ports along with your NAT IPv4 address and 1 redirection port for ssh.
    The first 20 ports are based on the last octet of your IP, you can use these for anything you want, examples below:

EXAMPLES:
    172.16.0.3 has the following port range forwarded: 301 - 320
    172.16.0.13 has the following port range forwarded: 1301 - 1320
    If you intend to connect using IPv4, you also get 1 extra forwarded port to your servers port 22 (default ssh port). This is added to your allocated ports.
    EXAMPLES:
    192.168.0.3 has the following port forwarded to port 22: - 321

• skorousskorous OG
    edited July 2021

@Kingzerro said: Many thanks to @InceptionHosting , and I am very sure using port 22 for SSH on a NAT service.
    Here is IPv4 45.61.147.135 could you check it out when you have spare time.

That IP may well have ssh running on it but it's not your NAT instance. It says this in the email you quote.

Thanked by (1)Amitz
  • edited July 2021

@Kingzerro said:
    Here is IPv4 45.61.147.135 could you check it out when

That is your public IPv4 address.

@Kingzerro, what is your local/private VPS IPv4 address?

If your local/provate IPv4 address 172.16.0.3, then your SSH port using public IPv4 address 45.61.147.135 port 321

If your local/provate IPv4 address 172.16.0.17, then your SSH port using public IPv4 address 45.61.147.135 port 1721

If your local/provate IPv4 address 172.16.0.100, then your SSH port using public IPv4 address 45.61.147.135 port 10021

Thanked by (2)Amitz Kingzerro

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• @chocolateshirt said:

@Kingzerro said:
    Here is IPv4 45.61.147.135 could you check it out when

That is your public IPv4 address.

@Kingzerro, what is your local/private VPS IPv4 address?

If your local/provate IPv4 address 172.16.0.3, then your SSH port using public IPv4 address 45.61.147.135 port 321

Thanks @chocolateshirt, It works like that. +1:

Thanked by (1)chocolateshirt
  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@Kingzerro said: I am very sure using port 22 for SSH on a NAT service.

That was your problem :)

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

As I'm tagged in this thread, I believe it was you who also opened a ticket about this where I answered that you should check your service details page for the IP and port to use?

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• @mikho said: .. I answered that you should check your service details page for the IP and port to use?

Is it such a wise idea to display these details in public (albeit as a picture)? :/

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

@AlwaysSkint said:

@mikho said: .. I answered that you should check your service details page for the IP and port to use?

Is it such a wise idea to display these details in public (albeit as a picture)? :/

That VPS is not running anymore. And never will boot again.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

• @mikho said:
    As I'm tagged in this thread, I believe it was you who also opened a ticket about this where I answered that you should check your service details page for the IP and port to use?

Is it such a wise idea to assign <1024 ports to a NAT container?

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

@yoursunny said:

@mikho said:

Is it such a wise idea to assign <1024 ports to a NAT container?

As long as it isn’t in use by another application, I don’t see why not?

It is against the ”rules” but I’ve been doing this for many years now and this is rhe first time I hear that question.