Job Offer: Outside Sales Representative (Spry Servers)

edited May 2020 in General

Job will entail following up and reaching out to existing leads to make sales, seeking new leads and answering live chats. Freedom to work from home. No location requirements.

Requirements:
- Great with people
- Sales experience
- Some experience in the tech industry. Sales or otherwise.
- Social media experience
- Experience with e-mail marketing and associated software such as MailChimp
- English speaking
- A computer and access to the internet

Preferred:
- Experience in the web hosting industry
- Experience with sales in the web hosting industry
- Familiarity with hosting software such as Plesk, SolusVM, WHMCS
- Familiarity with hosting technologies
- Bi/Tri-lingual (Hindi, Spanish, Russian, Mandarin preferred. Any additional language is a plus.)

Job is 100% commission based. Commissions are recurring, for as long as the client maintains the service. 1st month of any client's service comes with a commission bonus of anywhere between 20%-100%.

DM me for more info.

Tab Fitts | Founder/CEO - Spry Servers
SSD Shared Hosting || VPS || Dedicated Servers || Network Status || PHX1 LG || DAL1 LG || || AS398646 || 1-844-799-HOST (4678)

Tagged:

Comments

• Seeking trilingual person for ¨commission¨ . Sure , good luck ! I would get 2000 persons in my staff using the same scheme .

Dentistry is my passion

• This shouldn't be considered a job offer anywhere in the world.

• @imok said:
    This shouldn't be considered a job offer anywhere in the world.

It most definitely is here in the US. It's a 1099 contract job.

SSD Shared Hosting || VPS || Dedicated Servers || Network Status || PHX1 LG || DAL1 LG || || AS398646 || 1-844-799-HOST (4678)

• @imok said:

It's still more reasonable than some job postings. It's also tight, focused, upfront, and readable which is nice.

The job would be a good hustle for someone who doesn't have to work, like a house husband or house wife, or a good side hustle for people with lots of time off, like firefighters.

Thanked by (1)SpryServers_Tab
  • edited May 2020

@FlamingSpaceJunk said:

@imok said:

It's still more reasonable than some job postings. It's also tight, focused, upfront, and readable which is nice.

The job would be a good hustle for someone who doesn't have to work, like a house husband or house wife, or a good side hustle for people with lots of time off, like firefighters.

This is indeed who it's intended for. People that are out of work, or just want to make a bit of extra money in their free time.

The language "requirements" are not requirements, but would simply make it easier for the person hired to have a larger lead pool.

• @SpryServers_Tab
    Just wanted to say Congratulations for looking to hire, when many companies are reducing staff or work hours or salaries.

Thanked by (1)SpryServers_Tab
  • @vyas said:
    @SpryServers_Tab
    Just wanted to say Congratulations for looking to hire, when many companies are reducing staff or work hours or salaries.

Not in this industry.

Thanked by (2)MikeA Pwner
  • @Nyr said:

@vyas said:
    @SpryServers_Tab

Not in this industry.

Interesting. Wonder if it is geography specific.

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@Nyr said:

@vyas said:
    @SpryServers_Tab

Not in this industry.

On tuesday, the company I work for informed us (and the world) that they are closing 14 offices in the Nordic countries and NL.

So, yeah, it happens in this industry as well.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• @mikho said:

@Nyr said:

@vyas said:
    @SpryServers_Tab

Not in this industry.

On tuesday, the company I work for informed us (and the world) that they are closing 14 offices in the Nordic countries and NL.

Woah, sorry about that. It was my understanding that the hosting industry is generally doing pretty well other than equipment shortages and stuff like that.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@Nyr said: Woah, sorry about that. It was my understanding that the hosting industry is generally doing pretty well other than equipment shortages and stuff like that.

I have seen around an 8% drop since April, not overly concerning numbers given the short period of time but a very common cancellation request reason though is along the lines of "I have no spare money now", mainly impacting the lower price monthly stuff.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

@Nyr said:

@mikho said:

@Nyr said:

@vyas said:
    @SpryServers_Tab

Not in this industry.

Woah, sorry about that. It was my understanding that the hosting industry is generally doing pretty well other than equipment shortages and stuff like that.

Probably large companies are doing worse off. I know a few people who have done well the past few months.

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@Nyr said:

@mikho said:

@Nyr said:

@vyas said:
    @SpryServers_Tab

Not in this industry.

To be honest, there has been a lot of acquisitions the last year or two.

According to management this was in line with expectations. Only a lot sooner.
    Thing is, it is very different depending on location and size of the customer.
    I work with a Public Swedish/Danish company and I can almost create work for 10-15 consultants on a daily basis with that single customer.

Many smaller customers have cut back on everything though.

Enough about me in this thread ;)

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• We've had an increase in larger customers, but mostly a decrease, and cancellations in the low-end and low-budget market.

However, we've had an increase in shared hosting sales. I think mainly due to people having spare time to "build that website they've been meaning to build for years".

• Interesting insights.

In consulting I have been doing pretty good (better than pre-corona) but some friends in other advertisment-related fields of the IT industry... not so well. Mid-term everyone is going to be impacted, that's for sure.

Here in Spain we still hadn't recovered from the 2008 crisis, so I don't want to be pessimistic but my generation is going to be fucked badly. Specially considering the tourism-based economy in some areas.

Thanked by (1)vimalware
  • @SpryServers_Tab said:

@imok said:

It most definitely is here in the US. It's a 1099 contract job.

I still disagree with this. I work for a company that contracts sales guys alongside knowing people who work in sales. In most places, there is still a base salary that a person gets alongside their commission bonus.

But hey, at the end of the day you can look for a trilingual person on 100% commission all you want, the better ones have already accepted more lucrative offers elsewhere.

It's like the job postings where they look for someone who has experience with PHP, NodeJS, ReactJS, Angular, JAVA, and AWS knowledge and try to offer them "credits towards their classes" or a wage comparable to an internship. Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

Thanked by (1)james50a
  • lentrolentro Hosting Provider

How would this be different from being an affiliate in an affiliate program?