25% of 3.5 Ghz vs 2vCPU CPX11 AMD

1) Which option is better ? I am between luxembourg buyvm 3 euros vs 4 euros of Hetzner . I know that both are beasts and superb so which would you prefer and why ? What 2vCPU means in another words i mean which % if is known fact ?
2) If hetzner , falkenstein is better than nuremberg isnot it ?
buyvm luxembourg
1core 3.50Ghz
25% os physical usage
1024 memory
20 GB SSD
1 ipv4
Unmetered bw

vs

Hetzner CPX11 AMD

2vCPU
2GB RAM
40 SSD
20TB BW

Hetzner seems to have better offer I mean +20 SSD+1 RAM +AMD but i do not know if the 2vCPU are lower than 25% or not .

Dentistry is my passion

Comments

• SolaireSolaire OG
    edited May 2020

Are you planning on hammering the CPU? Hetzner is better value for the money so I'd go with Hetzner in your place.

Hetzner will throttle your VPS if you consume too much CPU.

• @Solaire said:
    Are you planning on hammering the CPU? Hetzner is better value for the money so I'd go with Hetzner in your place.

Wordpress so yes , cpu usage would be higher

Dentistry is my passion

• SolaireSolaire OG
    edited May 2020

@Chievo said:

@Solaire said:

WordPress might hammer the CPU at times but won't generally cause a persistent high load.

I'd recommend Hetzner. You will benefit from the 2 vCPU's and additional RAM.

And yes I believe Frankenstein is better in terms of networking.

Thanked by (1)vimalware
  • @Solaire said:

@Chievo said:

@Solaire said:

WordPress might hammer the CPU at times but won't generally cause a persistent high load.

I'd recommend Hetzner. You will benefit from the 2 vCPU's and additional RAM.

And yes I believe Frankenstein is better in terms of networking.

Thanks @Solaire !

Thanked by (1)Solaire

Dentistry is my passion

• XsltelXsltel Hosting Provider

@Solaire said: Frankenstein

sorry I just couldn't resist it.

Thanked by (3)uptime Solaire jvnadr

Xsltel OU | A One-man show powered by 250 grams of brain
    Offering reliable hosting services, Server management since 2011 and free cPanel hosting since 2020

• Hmm, how did you test the netwerk between Nuremberg and Falkenstein? I deployed mine eventually in Nuremberg as my pings seemed 1-2ms lower compared to Falktenstein, albeit being a small difference.

• @Xsltel said: sorry I just couldn't resist it.

I blame auto correct! :grin:

@Freek said: Hmm, how did you test the netwerk between Nuremberg and Falkenstein? I deployed mine eventually in Nuremberg as my pings seemed 1-2ms lower compared to Falktenstein, albeit being a small difference.

Well it obviously depends on the connection used for testing. Nuremberg is slightly (2 ms) faster to AMS-IX than Falkenstein. However, one has to keep in mind that not all internet traffic passes through there and last time I checked (which is a while ago), Falkenstein has better pings to Eastern and Southern Europe. So for general purpose I'd say Falkenstein is better. But you really can't go wrong with either.

Thanked by (1)Freek
  • @Solaire said:

@Freek said: Hmm, how did you test the netwerk between Nuremberg and Falkenstein? I deployed mine eventually in Nuremberg as my pings seemed 1-2ms lower compared to Falktenstein, albeit being a small difference.

Well it obviously depends on the connection used for testing. Nuremberg is slightly (2 ms) faster to AMS-IX than Falkenstein. However, one has to keep in mind that not all internet traffic passes through there and last time I checked (which is a while ago), Falkenstein has better pings to Eastern and Southern Europe. So for general purpose I'd say Falkenstein is better. But you really can't go wrong with either.

It depends. I tend to go for Nuremberg instead of Falkenstein. Partly because of the lower latency to the west (closer to AMS-IX, DECIX, LINX et al) and partly because all of Hetzner's transit links are in Nuremberg or Frankfurt.

Thanked by (2)Solaire Freek