Cheapest KVM providers with dedicated IPv4 [no promos, monthly payment term]

edited June 25 in General

Inspired by the Dedicated IP on a budget thread, I would like to ask LES users for providers that offer the cheapest KVM VPSs with a dedicated IPv4.

Rules:

  1. IPv4 must be dedicated.
  2. Virtualization must be KVM.
  3. Price must be a regular monthly commitment price. That is, no current discount and only on a monthly payment.
  4. I would accept a provider with a "get it while it lasts" entry as long as it is a product that is clearly different from those offered regularly and still with monthly commitment. Please mark it as such in case.
  5. Hardware specs, location, and network do not matter for listing. Users will decide which ones work better.

I will start with those I know about:

  • BuyVM $2.00/month
  • Nexus Bytes $2.00/month Just realized this is on annual term, apologies. I can't see their monthly price as it is out of stock.
  • SpectraIP 2,50€/month
  • Netcup 2,69€/month
  • Hetzner 2,96€/month

The last 3 might have different pricing for non EU users, because of VAT. This is the price I see, anyway.

«1

Comments

  • Does netcup allow to pay per month?

    Mostly lurking for now.

  • edited June 25

    @cybertech said:
    Does netcup allow to pay per month?

    Yes, with their latest VPSs (and ONLY the VPSs), they do. It is even hourly billed, but in a weird way. You anticipate one month (incorrect, it is 6 months) and get reimbursed pro rated in case you cancel.

  • @seriesn do you confirm that the price for the lowest one is $2.37 on a monthly commitment?

  • Yeah, just for clarity of comparison, I'd write:

    For SpectraIP: 2,50€ /month + EU VAT
    For netcup: 2,69€ /month + EU VAT (advertised price includes 19% German VAT)
    For Hetzner: 2,49€ /month + EU VAT

    And let me add:

    Aruba Cloud: 2,79€ /month + EU VAT

    Thanked by (1)sgheghele

    "A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

  • @sgheghele said:

    @cybertech said:
    Does netcup allow to pay per month?

    Yes, with their latest VPSs (and ONLY the VPSs), they do. It is even hourly billed, but in a weird way. You anticipate one month and get reimbursed pro rated in case you cancel.

    For me it seems the billing period is 6 mths, not pay per mth

    Mostly lurking for now.

  • Technically the cheapest at the moment will be OVH. No one can beat a one-time IP price* (while it lasts - everyone said soon but it is still there after so many years)

    Thanked by (1)seriesn
  • seriesnseriesn Hosting ProviderOG

    @sgheghele said:
    @seriesn do you confirm that the price for the lowest one is $2.37 on a monthly commitment?

    What's up boss, the lowest payment term for that plan is quarterly- $7.12/qtr.

  • @cybertech said:

    @sgheghele said:

    @cybertech said:
    Does netcup allow to pay per month?

    Yes, with their latest VPSs (and ONLY the VPSs), they do. It is even hourly billed, but in a weird way. You anticipate one month and get reimbursed pro rated in case you cancel.

    For me it seems the billing period is 6 mths, not pay per mth

    You are right, but they reimburse unused time. Tested on myself. I just forgot how much you have to anticipate them.> @FAT32 said:

    Technically the cheapest at the moment will be OVH. No one can beat a one-time IP price* (while it lasts - everyone said soon but it is still there after so many years)

    Do you mean the one-time fee for adding IPs to a dedicated server? If that one, yeah there is a catch then :-)

  • @sgheghele said:
    Do you mean the one-time fee for adding IPs to a dedicated server? If that one, yeah there is a catch then :-)

    Where is the catch? You can add in VPS up to 16 IPv4 also, just get their cheapest plan during BF and you can get it like $2-3/m (+$2 per IP for life)

  • vyasvyas OGContent Writer

    @seriesn said:

    @sgheghele said:
    @seriesn do you confirm that the price for the lowest one is $2.37 on a monthly commitment?

    What's up boss, the lowest payment term for that plan is quarterly- $7.12/qtr.

    $ 2.99 $ 3 per quarter sounds more appealing

  • @FAT32 said:

    @sgheghele said:
    Do you mean the one-time fee for adding IPs to a dedicated server? If that one, yeah there is a catch then :-)

    Where is the catch? You can add in VPS up to 16 IPv4 also, just get their cheapest plan during BF and you can get it like $2-3/m (+$2 per IP for life)

    I meant a catch for this post here. But I was not aware that you can add them to a VPS as well. Good to know!> @seriesn said:

    @sgheghele said:
    @seriesn do you confirm that the price for the lowest one is $2.37 on a monthly commitment?

    What's up boss, the lowest payment term for that plan is quarterly- $7.12/qtr.

    Then your cheapest one looks to be $4.00/month

    @angstrom said:
    Yeah, just for clarity of comparison, I'd write:

    For SpectraIP: 2,50€ /month + EU VAT
    For netcup: 2,69€ /month + EU VAT (advertised price includes 19% German VAT)
    For Hetzner: 2,49€ /month + EU VAT

    And let me add:

    Aruba Cloud: 2,79€ /month + EU VAT

    Aruba Cloud still looks good after their price increase.

    SpectraIP does not change their price when changing my location for billing. Perhaps they show NL VAT in their price and forfeit other EU VAT.

  • Server.it has 2gb VM for .99£ but quarterly pricing.

    Thanked by (2)cybertech sonic

    You have been invited to experience the Waking Up app for free. The app is unlocked for one month. Enjoy.
    https://share.wakingup.com/1cb1d7 (extra signature line removed)

  • seriesnseriesn Hosting ProviderOG

    @vyas said:

    @seriesn said:

    @sgheghele said:
    @seriesn do you confirm that the price for the lowest one is $2.37 on a monthly commitment?

    What's up boss, the lowest payment term for that plan is quarterly- $7.12/qtr.

    $ 2.99 $ 3 per quarter sounds more appealing

    VERY.

    @sgheghele said:

    @FAT32 said:

    @sgheghele said:
    Do you mean the one-time fee for adding IPs to a dedicated server? If that one, yeah there is a catch then :-)

    Where is the catch? You can add in VPS up to 16 IPv4 also, just get their cheapest plan during BF and you can get it like $2-3/m (+$2 per IP for life)

    I meant a catch for this post here. But I was not aware that you can add them to a VPS as well. Good to know!> @seriesn said:

    @sgheghele said:
    @seriesn do you confirm that the price for the lowest one is $2.37 on a monthly commitment?

    What's up boss, the lowest payment term for that plan is quarterly- $7.12/qtr.

    Then your cheapest one looks to be $4.00/month

    @angstrom said:
    Yeah, just for clarity of comparison, I'd write:

    For SpectraIP: 2,50€ /month + EU VAT
    For netcup: 2,69€ /month + EU VAT (advertised price includes 19% German VAT)
    For Hetzner: 2,49€ /month + EU VAT

    And let me add:

    Aruba Cloud: 2,79€ /month + EU VAT

    Aruba Cloud still looks good after their price increase.

    SpectraIP does not change their price when changing my location for billing. Perhaps they show NL VAT in their price and forfeit other EU VAT.

    If you put it that way boss, I guess.

  • @angstrom said: Aruba Cloud: 2,79€ /month + EU VAT

    Just to note, the OP said KVM and this is VMWare.

    Thanked by (1)sgheghele
  • vServer.site 1.50€/mo, VirMach $1.50/mo, Scaleway 2€/mo.

    Thanked by (1)sgheghele
  • RapToNRapToN Hosting ProviderOG
    edited June 25

    https://kts24.com got kvm servers starting at 1,49 € per month.

    There is no classic website at the moment, but the needed features are all available in our panel and we actively adding nee features to the panel.

    Thanked by (1)sgheghele
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith AdministratorHosting Provider
    Thanked by (1)sgheghele

    Inception Hosting - 256MB OpenVZ VPS back in stock for €8.00 p/year - DEDICATED IP4 + /64 IPv6 https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=177
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

  • edited June 25

    @tetech said:
    VirMach $1.50/mo

    It seems that they go even down to $1.25/mo (SSD256 product).

  • But is all these prices are sustainable for providers ? . I wonder how 🤔

  • seriesnseriesn Hosting ProviderOG

    @deepak_leb said:
    But is all these prices are sustainable for providers ? . I wonder how 🤔

    You buy, you idle, I sell the same resource to 10 more people. 😂.

    Jk. I won't. But that is usually the concept for some of the ultra ultra lowend specials.

    Thanked by (1)deepak_leb
  • edited June 25

    @Iroshan464 said:
    Server.it has 2gb VM for .99£ but quarterly pricing.

    Grazie

    Did you get AES enabled

    Mostly lurking for now.

  • Why only KVM? If your goal is a cheap dedicated IPv4 virtualization shouldn’t really matter.

  • @cybertech said:

    @Iroshan464 said:
    Server.it has 2gb VM for .99£ but quarterly pricing.

    Grazie

    Did you get AES enabled

    AES disabled.
    Didn't even notice. ;)
    Will contact support and see.

    You have been invited to experience the Waking Up app for free. The app is unlocked for one month. Enjoy.
    https://share.wakingup.com/1cb1d7 (extra signature line removed)

  • @Iroshan464 said:
    Server.it has 2gb VM for .99£ but quarterly pricing.

    Got one thanks for sharing.

  • @tetech said:

    @angstrom said: Aruba Cloud: 2,79€ /month + EU VAT

    Just to note, the OP said KVM and this is VMWare.

    Okay, fair enough.

    (I was assuming that VMware was comparable to KVM as far as this survey was concerned.)

    "A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

  • Thanked by (1)vimalware
  • @Iroshan464 said:
    Server.it has 2gb VM for .99£ but quarterly pricing.

    Order link pls :D

    Shared: Smallweb| VPS: NexusBytes, FlowVPS, VirMach, InceptionHosting, Linode
    Gapps legacy 100/200 users cheap 4 sale. PM

  • @sonic said:

    @Iroshan464 said:
    Server.it has 2gb VM for .99£ but quarterly pricing.

    Order link pls :D

    https://www.server.it/checkout/cart.php?a=add&pid=312
    👍😆

    Thanked by (1)sonic

    You have been invited to experience the Waking Up app for free. The app is unlocked for one month. Enjoy.
    https://share.wakingup.com/1cb1d7 (extra signature line removed)

  • https://www.virtua.host/vps-cloud-servers - 1.75 Eur/m

    Already mentioned them on the other forum today, promise I'm not shilling - just keep finding relevant threads :joy:

    Annual billing is always going to be a better deal because you're not eating the $0.35+/mo in transaction fees that the host is passing along to you. I've got plenty of <$10/yr stuff with a dedicated v4 address (VPSDime, HostSailor, Virmach, etc).

    Thanked by (1)sgheghele

    🍌

  • Almost forgot about them, newer host but good service the last 2-ish months I've had a VM with them.

    https://aliendata.com/ - $1.50/m - Houston, TX

    Thanked by (1)sgheghele

    🍌

Sign In or Register to comment.