Need a storage KVM VPS with a good disk speed

Hello. Looking for a storage KVM VPS. 200-500GB would be nice but it should have a good speed cause I plan to run a few websites on it besides using it as a nexcloud server. I used to have a VPS from cociu but the speed of disk were bad and the network wasn't stable for my case. My sites ran so slow.

Is it possible at all to get a storage VPS with nice i/o?

Comments

• XsltelXsltel Hosting Provider

yes, it's possible to get a storage server with good I/O if you are seeking providers who don't oversell their servers.
    how much is your budget ?
    I've seen a few providers who do hybrid NVMe/HDD vservers . that may be an option .

Xsltel OU | A One-man show powered by 250 grams of brain
    Offering reliable hosting services, Server management since 2011 and free cPanel hosting since 2020

• What sort of spec are you after other than large HDD space? What's your budget?

NVMe/HDD VMs work well - you can have your OS and main sites on the NVMe drive, and the NextCloud storage on the HDD.

Ours are normally offered "managed" but could possibly put something together depending on specs required.

• 1 core 1 gb of ram may be ok, but 2 cores 2 gb of ram would be prem

Budget is the cheaper the better
    $3/mo or $30/annualy

A year ago I saw a lot of good offers but now can't even find one :)

• What's up boss. Usually storage nodes are advertised for as such, where disks are utilized, quite heavily. Storange TB worth of data that are being written and re written consistently.

If you are interested in hybrid plan, shoot me a pm and I may be able to create something custom :)

Thanked by (1)Anon
  • @Anon said:
    Is it possible at all to get a storage VPS with nice i/o?

Yes, from @liteserver .

Thanked by (1)liteserver

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@Anon said:
    1 core 1 gb of ram may be ok, but 2 cores 2 gb of ram would be prem

$3/mo or $30/annualy

Unrealistic for that much storage and general use storage, contabo maybe as close as you get.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @AnthonySmith said:

@Anon said:

$3/mo or $30/annualy

Unrealistic for that much storage and general use storage, contabo maybe as close as you get.

Yeah, agreed. I'm currently in the market for something with less than half those specs (1 vCPU, 512MB+, 50GB+ NVMe only, don't need high port speed or much BW) for a DB cluster (so need the I/O) and am aiming for the $20-30/yr range. I think OP will either need to up the budget a bit or accept some type of NVMe/HDD hybrid. Could put the web sites on NVMe as Mr_Tom suggested, or if they won't fit then use varnish with a file storage provider on the NVMe disk.

• seriesnseriesn OG
    edited June 2020

@tetech said:

@AnthonySmith said:

@Anon said:

$3/mo or $30/annualy

Yeah, agreed. I'm currently in the market for something with less than half those specs (1 vCPU, 512MB+, 50GB+ NVMe only, don't need high port speed or much BW) for a DB cluster (so need the I/O) and am aiming for the $20-30/yr range. I think OP will either need to up the budget a bit or accept some type of NVMe/HDD hybrid. Could put the web sites on NVMe as Mr_Tom suggested, or if they won't fit then use varnish with a file storage provider on the NVMe disk.

Boss, Shoot me a pm if you are still in the market . I got some spare resources :)

Thanked by (2)tetech Anon
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

Letbox :)

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:

I have a DB at Letbox. Has worked good for 1+ years after some issues in the first months. I/O is better than most non-NVMe providers. For the OP, they do the split offer with 20 GB NVMe + block storage.

• @seriesn said:

Boss, Shoot me a pm if you are still in the market . I got some spare resources :)

Slacker ... idling storage offers :-) ...

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited June 2020

@tetech said:

@cybertech said:

I have a DB at Letbox. Has worked good for 1+ years after some issues in the first months. I/O is better than most non-NVMe providers. For the OP, they do the split offer with 20 GB NVMe + block storage.

i guess that's how they keep the cost low and the data NVMe + block storage independently fast.

my block's a consistent 300mb/s IO, never any issue for "linux" and Plex :tongue:

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:

@tetech said:

@cybertech said:

i guess that's how they keep the cost low and the data NVMe + block storage independently fast.

my block's a consistent 300mb/s IO, never any issue for "linux" and Plex :tongue:

To begin with they limited it to 100 MB/sec, then after some drama increased it to 500 MB/sec. Plus some bad memory in the cluster, a power failure, and I put them on my watchlist to cancel after the first 6 months. However, things really improved so I renewed and the last year or so has been good. Currently quite happy and no complaints. Performance and value is good. That's my mini-review.

Thanked by (2)cybertech flips
  • @vyas said:

@seriesn said:

Slacker ... idling storage offers :-) ...

Just left over stuff lol.

• edited June 2020

Been with Hosthatch (for storage vps & Other critical stuffs), so far no downtime except schedule Maintenance. I/O also good. No service issue as far I know. Been their customer since 2018.

I believe Abdullah is absent here. @hosthatch.

• @deepak_leb said:
    Been with Hosthatch (for storage vps & Other critical stuffs), so far no downtime except schedule Maintenance. I/O also good. No service issue as far I know. Been their customer since 2018.

Hosthatch is OK for storage, but I/O is too slow for DB or realtime use (at least for me). But it has been rock solid. So reliable I don't want to give it up. I'm using it as a front-end and only using 1% of the storage, which is a bit sad.

• @tetech said:

@deepak_leb said:

Hosthatch is OK for storage, but I/O is too slow for DB or realtime use (at least for me). But it has been rock solid. So reliable I don't want to give it up. I'm using it as a front-end and only using 1% of the storage, which is a bit sad.

Hmm.

• key900key900 Hosting ProviderOG

@tetech said:

@cybertech said:

@tetech said:

@cybertech said:

To begin with they limited it to 100 MB/sec, then after some drama increased it to 500 MB/sec. Plus some bad memory in the cluster, a power failure, and I put them on my watchlist to cancel after the first 6 months. However, things really improved so I renewed and the last year or so has been good. Currently quite happy and no complaints. Performance and value is good. That's my mini-review.

Hello,
    Thanks for your kind words and sorry for last bad days. please do not hesitate to Me if there is anything we can do.

@cybertech said:

@tetech said:

@cybertech said:

Thanks for recommendation :) you such great ?

Regards

*SeedFiles.Com Make it Simple! Coming Soon. Discord Community https://discord.gg/CgYNcTMY