What are you using for incremental backups?

2»

Comments

• @vyas said:

@sgheghele said:

@jaden said:
    +1 for duplicacy (backing up to Wasabi).

I also create a daily rclone snapshot to BackBlaze B2 for redundancy.

Same, in addition to incremental with Duplicacy I have a daily rclone copy to 1fichier :+1: (encrypted 7z).

Any resources or How Tos for doing this?
    (backup via rclone --> I use pCloud and Duplicacy for b2)
    Thanks in advance

Set up rclone using rclone config, hit n for new remote, give it a name, then choose the type of backend. Once you've configured the backend, rclone is pretty simple.

Not answering your question specifically, but with borg an incremental would be like this:

#!/bin/sh
    source ~/borg-env/bin/activate
    TS=`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S`
    export BORG_PASSPHRASE='your_encryption_key'
    borg create --stats --compression zlib,6 /data/backups/borg/mail::$TS /home/*/Mail_backup 2>&1
    borg prune --stats --keep-within=1m --keep-daily=365 --keep-weekly=-1 /data/backups/borg/mail 2>&1
    deactivate
    rclone -v sync /data/backups/borg/mail OneDrive:Backup/borg/mail 2>&1

For rclone, once it is configured you just replace OneDrive with the name of your backend (aka 'remote').

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@sgheghele said:

@Ympker said:

@sgheghele said:

@jaden said:
    +1 for duplicacy (backing up to Wasabi).

I also create a daily rclone snapshot to BackBlaze B2 for redundancy.

Same, in addition to incremental with Duplicacy I have a daily rclone copy to 1fichier :+1: (encrypted 7z).

Good old 1Fichier :)

Guess whose recommendation I followed, almost two years ago, to get multiple years of it? :-) I'll keep an eye on Koofr, if they ever discount their 1TB again (maybe for Black Friday).

Hehe ;) Missing the FTP option from 1fichier. Other than that Koofr is great :)

• I do a variant of this:https://howtoforge.com/append-only-backups-with-borg-to-another-vps-or-dedicated-server/
    Storage is Astian cloud webdav mounted and also a 2nd backup associated with my email provider account.
    Everything gets pushed to the VPS running borgbackup as the server.
    More useful stuff:https://samirparikh.com/blog/borgbackup.html#initializing-a-repository

• ulayerulayer Hosting ProviderOG

BorgBackup :)

I modified an existing Ansible role heavily a while ago to deploy it on our servers and transfer to a remote backup server over SSH.

Universal Layer LLC, a privacy conscious hosting provider
    Check us out @ ulayer.net / twitter.com/ulayer_net