Ympker's VPN LTD Comparison Chart

YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
edited August 2021 in General

Looking to grab a LTD on Stacksocial for a VPN Service?
Here is a comparison chart featuring all the VPN Services I have a LTD of:
Windscribe Pro, Ivacy, FastestVPN, RA4W VPN, VPNUnlimited/Keepsolid, Getflix.

The following criteria will be assessed: Purchase date, Jurisdicition, Speed, Connection Stability, Own Client, Manual setup protocols available, Torrents, Flix, Cool Extras and whether the LTD has an expiry date set in the client area.

I'll try to update it (especially the speeds table) ever so often :)

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Yes, I'm an LTD addict :)

Comments

• WSSWSS OGRetired

It would be awesome if you could provide at least some information inline.

Thanked by (2)Ympker vimalware

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@WSS said:
    It would be awesome if you could provide at least some information inline.

Pmed ya.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

The only thing I see missing is Cool whip and a cherry on top.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@Ympker said:
    Why not a Bratwurst?

That's a bit heavy for a VPN.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

• Can someone offer windscribe Lifetime ?

@deepak_leb said:
    Can someone offer windscribe Lifetime ?

Pretty sure it's no longer offered :/

• Can you add border?
    It's confusing to read.

edited March 2020

@rizkiv1 said:
    Can you add border?
    It's confusing to read.

Border? Do you mean no line break so you don't have to scroll to the side? Not enough space I guess. But you can mark the VPN's table you are interested in, so when you scroll to the side you still know which row to look at :)

• RA4WVPN didn't even enable encryption until a few years ago. For the first 4 years of their service, it was literally an unencrypted OpenVPN tunnel. Not sure if I'd trust their technical competence.

• @Ympker said:

@deepak_leb said:
    Can someone offer windscribe Lifetime ?

Pretty sure it's no longer offered :/

Pretty sure it's a painful one

@Emmet said:
    RA4WVPN didn't even enable encryption until a few years ago. For the first 4 years of their service, it was literally an unencrypted OpenVPN tunnel. Not sure if I'd trust their technical competence.

I haven't used it in quite a long while I guess.

• @Ympker said: Border? Do you mean no line break so you don't have to scroll to the side? Not enough space I guess. But you can mark the VPN's table you are interested in, so when you scroll to the side you still know which row to look at

I think he meant to add colors for each column. I found it difficult to read as well

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@Unixfy said:

@Ympker said: Border? Do you mean no line break so you don't have to scroll to the side? Not enough space I guess. But you can mark the VPN's table you are interested in, so when you scroll to the side you still know which row to look at

I think he meant to add colors for each column. I found it difficult to read as well

Will consider it ;) Thanks!

• Ivacy is based in Singapore, no?

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

@poisson said:
    Ivacy is based in Singapore, no?

Yes, they are. No idea why I put Hong Kong.

• Any of these have a SGP pop?

Could you save me some time and list them?

Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited March 2020

@vimalware said:
    Any of these have a SGP pop?

Windscribe has one for sure (no more LTD deals though). Ivacy, FastestVPN and Keepsolid, too.

See:

https://support.fastestvpn.com/vpn-servers

https://support.ivacy.com/servers-list/

Windscribe see screenshot. Keepsolid I could select Singapore in config generator. Pretty sure the respective VPN Apps have Singapore as well.

Best to contact their support though, if you need to be sure it's physically in Singapore. Some VPNs use Virtual Locations.

Thanked by (1)vimalware
  • vyasvyas OG
    edited March 2020

@vimalware said:

To add to @Ympker
    Keepsolid (vpn unlimited)
    Ivacy

Used both with Singapore location .

And on a related note....
    I got FOMO’d and purchased the LT plan of VPN Unlimited thanks to @ympker. Ivacy somehow does not work for me

Thanked by (2)vimalware Ympker

@vyas said:

@vimalware said:

To add to @Ympker
    Keepsolid (vpn unlimited)
    Ivacy

Used both with Singapore location .

And on a related note....
    I got FOMO’d and purchased the LT plan of VPN Unlimited thanks to @ympker. Ivacy somehow does not work for me

Thanks for chiming in mate ;) I feel like VPN Unlimited is overall more stable and performant than Ivacy and has a bigger overall quality. The reason I use Ivacy so much more though because I mostly need VPN to unblock Flix etc and unlikte VPN Unlimited with Ivacy you don't need to add or remove any devices since it counts only the concurrent ones. Furthermore Ivacy offers a bit more channels to unblock in their Browser extension than VPNUnlimited but overall VPNUnlimited is of higher quality I'd say.

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • @Ympker Have you tried Ivacy's Beijing/Shanghai's servers? I am just curious about connecting into China from outside.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

edited March 2020

@poisson said:
    @Ympker Have you tried Ivacy's Beijing/Shanghai's servers? I am just curious about connecting into China from outside.

I haven't. I only use their browser extension and the respective US Flix, or other streaming locations. Sometimes Switzerland location. Personally, I'd have no use case connecting to SG/China etc

Thanked by (1)poisson
  • I'm asking because I notice they have Chinese servers and I have quite a few Chinese friends who would be interested to VPN back into China to get their shows and stuff.

@poisson said:
    I'm asking because I notice they have Chinese servers and I have quite a few Chinese friends who would be interested to VPN back into China to get their shows and stuff.

Well, next time I use Ivacy I can try to connect to China and see how good he Speedtest is.

Thanked by (1)poisson
  • @poisson I don't think it works that well. For the many China servers they fall into any of these cases:
    1. Not working at all. As in, not ping-able, not responding to any connections.
    2. They're actually not located in China. A few servers in HK/Singapore are mis-labelled as China.
    3. They are there, pingable, but you just can't login. Facing authentication errors over PPTP, and it connects over OpenVPN but do not actually forwards your packet.

I tried working this out with Ivacy support but, while they respond quickly, they are not helpful at all. Just your usual L1 tech support.

If you found a reliable VPN for connecting back to China, do let me know.

KeepSolid have a free trial and I agree with @Ympker that they have much higher quality and standards. I have 60GB/month with my free WindScribe subscription but I really prefer using the OS native VPN client.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@Ympker said:

@poisson said:
    I'm asking because I notice they have Chinese servers and I have quite a few Chinese friends who would be interested to VPN back into China to get their shows and stuff.

Well, next time I use Ivacy I can try to connect to China and see how good he Speedtest is.

I just tried to connect to their "China" Location. Connected me to Hong Kong, so meh. Also could only push like 7 Mbit/s (normally I have like 80 Mbit/s).

• @Ympker said:

@Ympker said:

@poisson said:

I just tried to connect to their "China" Location. Connected me to Hong Kong, so meh. Also could only push like 7 Mbit/s (normally I have like 80 Mbit/s).

Yikes. That sucks.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

• vyasvyas OG
    edited March 2020

I too got HK for Ivacy and not “China”. Had to stop within a minute because mac ran out of juice. From my location speeds not significantly different than Singapore, plus the expected lag.

Haven’t tried VPN u/l

Edit: just tried VPN u/l (KeepSolid) on my phone. Hk again. On fast.com speed checker got 12 Mbps. Singapore is 18 Mbps. Baseline on home location with VPN 65 Mbps.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@vyas said:
    I too got HK for Ivacy and not “China”. Had to stop within a minute because mac ran out of juice. From my location speeds not significantly different than Singapore, plus the expected lag.

Haven’t tried VPN u/l

Edit: just tried VPN u/l (KeepSolid) on my phone. Hk again. On fast.com speed checker got 12 Mbps. Singapore is 18 Mbps. Baseline on home location with VPN 65 Mbps.

For these locations I feel like that's great. I also currently have 70-80 Mbit/s normally in my flat in Spain (Wifi only) and with Keepsolid Romania/France/Germany I usually reach like 50 Mbit/s. Singapore/HK I'd expect less (not tried yet though). It is more stable than Ivacy for sure :)

• EmmetEmmet OG
    edited March 2020

Do any of these run reliably in China?

If anyone's interested, KeepSolid seems to be available for $15/lifetime. https://forums.redflagdeals.com/stacksocial-keepsolid-lifetime-vpn-5-device-15-usd-20-cdn-2356966/