Ultimate VPN Speedtest: Comparing Windscribe PRO, Ivacy, FastestVPN, PIA, NordVPN OpenVPN UDP speed

YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
edited November 2019 in General

So in this video I run a OpenVPN UDP speedtest from 5 VPN providers:
Windscribe PRO, Ivacy, FastestVPN, Private Internet Access and NordVPN.

Speedtest Servers used:
Germany: 10G Servers (Nuremberg)
Japan: 20G OPEN PROJECT (Tokyo)
USA: ISPnet (New York)

For that I tested 3 locations (Germany, Japan, USA) from each provider with their respective openvpn config and run 3 tests per location and provider always to the same Speedtest Server in the respective location. I then calculated the average Download/Upload/Ping per provider and location and also noted the individual results of each test run.

The results can be seen in the end of the video as I doubt you wanna stick with it for another hour.

Of course not everything is about speedtests when comparing VPNs. Features, logging policy, country of company origin, support, pricing etc are important as well but thought this would be interesting to compare :-)

Needlessly to say these results are not set in stone and will obviously vary on the servers resource usage etc. They are but an estimate.

Comments

• are there any vpn's that can maxout 10gbit connections?

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @fattie said:
    are there any vpn's that can maxout 10gbit connections?

How much do you want to pay?

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• If anyone wants, I have the Ivacy lifetime which I'd like to sell :joy:

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited November 2019

@poisson said:

@fattie said:

@fattie Depends on this.

• Does anyone try KeepSolid unlimited VPN? and for Netf*** which one having best speed?
    Considering to purchase Ivacy/Fastest VPN/KeepSolid

@Ark said:
    Does anyone try KeepSolid unlimited VPN? and for Netf*** which one having best speed?
    Considering to purchase Ivacy/Fastest VPN/KeepSolid

VPN Unlimited ans Ivacy both work great with Netflix for me. FastestVPN does, too. Is a bit buggy sometimes though.

Thanked by (1)kkrajk
  • wouldn't this differentiated by client's ISP?

• nice sister in backround.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • she looks ok yes

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • PIA is the only one on this list that I'd be comfortable routing my traffic through, the others are bargain bin providers and Nord with an unethical disclosure policy.

• ialexpwialexpw OGServices Provider

Been using Windscribe for a few years now. Never had an issue with them as a company/support or their speeds. Would recommend them over any provider listed above at least.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Syuh - sftp, rsync & rclone accessible storage from 50GB to TBs.

@cociu said:
    nice sister in backround.

Hello @cociu <3

edited November 2019

@ialexpw said:
    Been using Windscribe for a few years now. Never had an issue with them as a company/support or their speeds. Would recommend them over any provider listed above at least.

Windscribe is also the main VPN I am using right now. You do realize it is mentioned in OP though? WS also has a very active Discord community.

• @Ympker said:

@poisson said:

@fattie said:

@fattie Depends on this.

give me a rough idea of how much :)

• ialexpwialexpw OGServices Provider

@Ympker said:

@ialexpw said:

Windscribe is also the main VPN I am using right now. You do realize it is mentioned in OP though? WS also has a very active Discord community.

Yes apologies, I meant I would recommend them over any of the other providers, didn't make this clear :-)

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Syuh - sftp, rsync & rclone accessible storage from 50GB to TBs.

@ialexpw said:

@Ympker said:

@ialexpw said:

Yes apologies, I meant I would recommend them over any of the other providers, didn't make this clear :-)

No worries ;)

Thanked by (1)ialexpw
  • @fattie said:

@Ympker said:

@poisson said:

@fattie said:

@fattie Depends on this.

give me a rough idea of how much :)

The price of an unmetered bandwidth 10gbps server with your own OpenVPN server in a location close to you should solve your problem. You can use meta dedi or server hunter to see the price.

Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Get expert copyediting and copywriting help at The Write Flow

• Ympker said: VPN Unlimited ans Ivacy both work great with Netflix for me. FastestVPN does, too. Is a bit buggy sometimes though.

It is coz of you <3 , I just bought an Ivacy lifetime off stackSocial, which I otherwise wouldn't have even considered. Thanks

Thanked by (2)poisson Ympker

@kkrajk said:

Ympker said: VPN Unlimited ans Ivacy both work great with Netflix for me. FastestVPN does, too. Is a bit buggy sometimes though.

It is coz of you <3 , I just bought an Ivacy lifetime off stackSocial, which I otherwise wouldn't have even considered. Thanks

You're welcome :) Enjoy!

• @thedp said:
    If anyone wants, I have the Ivacy lifetime which I'd like to sell :joy:

hi! thedp
    How much would you like to sell it? Can I use it in China

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • I’ve been thinking about getting Ivacy’s $12/5y deal but after a while with Windscribe it started to look a bit flaky, and then those test results... Are there anyone who’s been using it for long enough to give some insight about it?

• Which app is more appropriate if used in China?

• I am not sure how well Ivacy works in China. Might be better to roll your own.

• @poisson said:
    I am not sure how well Ivacy works in China. Might be better to roll your own.

Rolled too much and bearing the consequence this morning as a result.

Squats are the new Push-ups

• @jack said:
    Which app is more appropriate if used in China?

A friend of mine uses Nordvpn and it's working fine

@jack said:

@thedp said:
    If anyone wants, I have the Ivacy lifetime which I'd like to sell :joy:

hi! thedp
    How much would you like to sell it? Can I use it in China

Better ask their live chat to be sure :)