Looking For Cheap Colo w/High Power Consumption

lentrolentro Hosting Provider

Hello!

With the 3080s coming out and eventually 3070s/3090s, I will be building some GPU servers for, well, FluidStack.

(P.S. wanna become a provider? Apply here [tracked link])

Any ideas on where to colo the following monster?

I am aiming for as cheap as possible with a reasonably reliable provider.

• 8x GPUs (prob 3080s or 2080 Tis), so up to ~2700 watts
  • 4U
  • 100mbps minimum (gigabit preferred) with 1 IPv4

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Hosting ProviderOG

You’ll struggle to get a 4U colo with 3kW; not many places have designated per rack capacity so high to accommodate that without leaving some U free. Many places won’t be able to accommodate more than couple kW per the entire footprint.

You should be loooking at half/full rack realistically.

Thanked by (1)lentro
  • AccuServHost, but you'll have to contact them (their WHMCS appears to be having issues). I believe they had one of the best pricing, $/kW wise.

• We could do it in one of our DCs, but I don’t expect you’d find our price cheap.

$300 USD per month, comes with:

• 4U Space
    • 3kW of Power
    • 2Gbps Unmetered
    • /29 IPv4

Location is in Canada, though.

Thanked by (1)lentro
  • BlaZeBlaZe Hosting ProviderOG

Location wise any restrictions?

ExoticVM.com - Find VPS in exotic locations!

• It's never a good sign when there is no budget specified.

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider

@BlaZe said:
    Location wise any restrictions?

Preferably North America where I can ship cheaply :)

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider

@AC_Fan said:
    AccuServHost, but you'll have to contact them (their WHMCS appears to be having issues). I believe they had one of the best pricing, $/kW wise.

Thanks! Sent them a message. Kinda weird though because the "Contact Us" button on the homepage doesn't work, so I had to email them. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence, but let's see...

• @lentro said:

@AC_Fan said:
    AccuServHost, but you'll have to contact them (their WHMCS appears to be having issues). I believe they had one of the best pricing, $/kW wise.

Thanks! Sent them a message. Kinda weird though because the "Contact Us" button on the homepage doesn't work, so I had to email them. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence, but let's see...

Yup, they do look pretty amateur, I admit, but AFAIK, they've been around for quite a few years and Nocix passed their colocations to them a few years ago, so I think they are sorta reliable?

• $300/m for 3kw in a data center actually seems pretty good. It's 13.7 cents per kwh if you leave nothing left over for hosting. It would be hard to find that in the US.

I have to wonder what anyone is going to do with such a machine. The 3090 will be more interesting because it supports nvlink.