Want cheap SGP servers with at least 2 cores and at least 3GB RAM

edited September 2020 in Requests

Hi, I'm a college student looking to operate a low-spec Kubernetes cluster to edge out the low end spirit by trying to tie up multiple servers without having too much manual intervention.

Despite my geolocation is in HK but I think Singapore would have a higher chance to have cheaper server. I can live with HDD as k8s aren't really that b__chy about disk performance, but I can't have swap so OpenVZ and LXC are ruled out.

This would most likely be KVM in a KVM dominant world but I'm curious to see if there are XenServer/Hyper-V offers.

My target price is about $7 max per month. Thank you.

I do not require CN route and would like to avoid that because usually they are congested to cater some...specific people in China that use it to circumvent Internet censorship. Here in HK this kind of usage is unnecessary and so normal, standard global route is more preferred. It's also cheaper than CN2 and such I can have higher chance to get offers XDD.

Comments

• AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG
    edited September 2020

@MaxKVM is your way to go, they had some similar deals recently.

Thanked by (1)MaxKVM
  • edited September 2020

@Abdullah said:

If you don't sell me OpenVZ NAT containers back then I wouldn't have to ask a refund from you. But yes currently MaxKVM is the one on my focus

• AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG
    edited September 2020

@stevefan1999 said:

@Abdullah said:

If you don't sell me OpenVZ NAT containers back then I wouldn't have to ask a refund from you

I did not knew the requirements & did not force anything, it was a general offer post.
    Had you asked before, it would have been different. :/
    Anyways a full-refund was done.
    Hope you'll find what you're looking for :)

Thanked by (3)Ganonk bdl kkrajk
  • seriesnseriesn OG
    edited September 2020

@stevefan1999 said:
    Hi, I'm a college student looking to operate a low-spec Kubernetes cluster to edge out the low end spirit by trying to tie up multiple servers without having too much manual intervention.

Despite my geolocation is in HK but I think Singapore would have a higher chance to have cheaper server. I can live with HDD as k8s aren't really that b__chy about disk performance, but I can't have swap so OpenVZ and LXC are ruled out.

This would most likely be KVM in a KVM dominant world but I'm curious to see if there are XenServer/Hyper-V offers.

My target price is about $7 max per month. Thank you.

I do not require CN route and would like to avoid that because usually they are congested to cater some...specific people in China that use it to circumvent Internet censorship. Here in HK this kind of usage is unnecessary and so normal, standard global route is more preferred. It's also cheaper than CN2 and such I can have higher chance to get offers XDD.

Hi Boss,
    Feel free to check us out. Singapore and Tokyo Japan, both should be a decent option (Specially Tokyo) :). https://nexusbytes.com/

Thanked by (1)stevefan1999
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Hosting Provider

We have a 4GB LES exclusive plan in Singapore if you can bump up your budget slightly :)

HostUS | OpenVZ & KVM VPS in 10 worldwide locations with our own Breeze Panel!

• @AlexanderM Oh I'm your current user. I love that OpenVZ Hong Kong instance as I use it to run my reverse proxy in my local k8s cluster. Sad you do not have any KVM Hong Kong plan anymore.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Hosting Provider

@stevefan1999 said:
    @AlexanderM Oh I'm your current user. I love that OpenVZ Hong Kong instance as I use it to run my reverse proxy in my local k8s cluster. Sad you do not have any KVM Hong Kong plan anymore.

Great! KVM had been sold out in Hong Kong for a while. We do add stock from time to time depending on cancellations.

HostUS | OpenVZ & KVM VPS in 10 worldwide locations with our own Breeze Panel!