Apple hacked

https://samcurry.net/hacking-apple/

Ain't no more your password was weak excuse this time

Tagged:

Comments

• I'm guessing you didn't read the link before copy-pasting from ycombinator news.

• @mikewazar said:
    I'm guessing you didn't read the link before copy-pasting from ycombinator news.

what do you mean?

• @mikewazar

Overall, an attacker could've abused this to...
    Create a worm that has the capability to silently exfiltrate/modify iCloud account information including photos and videos

all that was required from a potential victim to open an email, which means this could be a targeted attack since I believe it is still possible to spoof source email address

am I missing something?

• @comi said:
    @mikewazar

Overall, an attacker could've abused this to...
    Create a worm that has the capability to silently exfiltrate/modify iCloud account information including photos and videos

all that was required from a potential victim to open an email, which means this could be a targeted attack since I believe it is still possible to spoof source email address

am I missing something?

To think that people are still dumb enough to fall for that crap.

1stPost

For netcup offers visit: Netcup Codes Root server and VPS vouchers || Deutsche Version - Netcup Gutschein

• spliticesplitice Hosting ProviderOG
    edited October 2020

The only question I would have for Apple is: Why is much of this not behind a VPN or strictly requiring access from VPN endpoint IP?

X4B - DDoS Protection: Affordable Anycast DDoS protection including Layer 7 mitigation with PoPs in the Europe, Asia, North and South America.
    Latest Offer: Brazil Launch 2020 Offer

• @splitice said:
    The only question I would have for Apple is: Why is much of this not behind a VPN or strictly requiring access from VPN endpoint IP?

From what I have seen, its the MAC OS/Windows that makes people dumb. Linux people never make these kind of mistakes.

For netcup offers visit: Netcup Codes Root server and VPS vouchers || Deutsche Version - Netcup Gutschein

• jarlandjarland Hosting ProviderOG

@FridayNightGamer said: Linux people never make these kind of mistakes

lol

Do everything as though everyone you’ll ever know is watching.

• Linux people are creeps.

• @splitice said:

didn't help'em

Some of the immediate findings from the automated scanning were...
    VPN servers affected by Cisco CVE-2020-3452 Local File Read 1day (x22)

• @mikewazar said:
    Linux people are creeps.

No we are not.
    I'm only milking my goat for pleasure, not sustenance.

Thanked by (1)mikewazar