Best 10-13 dollar a year vps still available from BF/Cyber Monday?

As title, looking for the best deal on a 10-13 dollar a year vps, location isn't too important but west cost US may be nice. I want over 1gb of ram, the rest of the specs I'll check out.

Comments

• If they figure there shit out, virmach sale is your best bet.

• @Iroshan464 said:
    If they figure there shit out, virmach sale is your best bet.

I found a telegram channel that I'm following now, keeping an eye on it. I heard some mixed things about these VPSs though that they're essentially "toys" and would get shut down for anything, even running legitimate stuff on there...any thoughts?

• edited December 2020

@lowendmeow said: they're essentially "toys" and would get shut down for anything, even running legitimate stuff

That was definitely true a a few years ago - a bench would shut down the VM (as it was interpreted as too many network packets in too short a time frame), my daily cron job emails (<5) would also shut the machine because it was email and they detected too many packets (whatever that means). Gradually after a few tickets, things became much better. I've not had too many issues since. Then again the OpenVZ - KVM conversion caused some headaches and bad load problems which they finally fixed. Gradually they also moved away machines from the few non-CC DCs and I just gave up on all the non-Windows VMs from them. I used to pick a few small ones mainly for some network locations. I've never abused or otherwise loaded the machines much but I've had very good uptime and no network issues (and IO is really good SSD type IO) barring a few times when they had some hardware issues (or a more significant Rack/DC wide network problem). Of course no IPv6 (though I did have a few VMs at non-CC locations where they DID give out IPv6 on request but now even those have been closed down I think).

I still retain a few good Windows VMs (massive idlers except when updating Windows!) just in case there's some idiotic use case for a Windows VM but I will likely give them up as well.

EDIT/ADD: Also, they're one of the few hosts who issue automatic service credits AND have a reasonably well updated/documented announcements/status section. I always wonder why more hosts don't use that feature to avoid getting tickets on an outage affecting many customers.