HostMantis: Fresh Design and Inode Limit removed (unlimited inodes now)

YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

Seems like HostMantis started the new year with a fresh website design and the removal of their inode limit for all hosting & reseller plans (in December already):

Happy to see the inode limit gone as I never hit it (by far) but I still thought it is some deprecated stat that should not really play a role in modern-day hosting offers anymore.

That's HostMantis for you. On one hand they cause an uproar regarding to pricing ever so often, on the other hand they offer a stable (premium) performance and quick support to make up for it.
Still with them for this reason but I shifted my main site to @MikePT .

Ympker

Thanked by (2)verd warih

Comments

• My renewal price went from 100 to 600 dollars. :)

Thanked by (1)corbpie

Mostly harmless ™
    I/O Gremlin

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited January 4

@bikegremlin said:
    My renewal price went from 100 to 600 dollars. :)

Lolthxkbye. Quite the hike.

• @Ympker said:

@bikegremlin said:
    My renewal price went from 100 to 600 dollars. :)

Lolthxkbye. Quite the hike.

Smaller reseller account got a hike from 20 $ to 50 $ in 2019, and now to 200 $.
    However, storage space got up from 25 to 50 GB - which doesn't change a thing for me, but it's only fair to say. :)

Still early to make any plans (suppose I'll know the "real" price only when it comes to renewal time), but for all I can see (and foresee), HostMantis is still OK for production, but too pricy for development.

MyW.pt still has problems with Softaculous WP migrations, so it's not an option for development.

Planing to see about Buyshared - if they have all of them LiteSpeed, and Softaculous. Prices seem OK there.

Though - with over a year of my subscription left, suppose it's still to early to plan.
    HM might deadpool, or increase prices again, or even decrease them (if customer count drops severely, since that used to be their main selling point, even though their service quality has been very, very good). Service quality is still my main concern. That makes all the difference as far as I'm concerned.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Mostly harmless ™
    I/O Gremlin

• @bikegremlin said:
    MyW.pt still has problems with Softaculous WP migrations, so it's not an option for development.

Hm? I did have some installations where I had to update paths after migration from cPanel, but all Softaculous installations work and are backed up and updated as they should be ...

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@flips said:

@bikegremlin said:

Hm? I did have some installations where I had to update paths after migration from cPanel, but all Softaculous installations work and are backed up and updated as they should be ...

Staging site also worked for me on MyW.

• edited January 4

@flips said:

@bikegremlin said:

I'm having problems when importing a (developed) website from MyW to HostMantis.
    Server just blocks the connection.
    Similar problems with some WP management plugins.

Couldn't pinpoint the problem, but it exists. :(

Just installing WP works (and cloning) . I suspect some firewall related problem, but neither MIke, nor I (which isn't likely in the first place) couldn't figure out what causes the hick-ups.

Mostly harmless ™
    I/O Gremlin

• I have 7 shared accounts with them, probably the most stable and ttfb is better than average compared to other hosts im with. Also no stupid domain limits or restrictions like ability to add/edit TXT records.