Issues getting single ips working in proxmox at Hetzner

I tried a ton of stuff, did read alot of stuff and so on, but i cannot get it working. I got subnets working, but as i dont need a entire subnet, that is kinda a waste. Anyone here who can help me with this? Can pay a few $.

Comments

• edited May 2021

show us your

cat /etc/network/interfaces

please replace some numbers with xx's so you don't expose your network.

• iandkiandk Hosting ProviderOG

You can write me a PM, I'm using a routed setup with both subnets and single ips

AMD EPYC / NVMe / 10GBPs KVM in Frankfurt - https://v6node.com
    Looking for an unbeatable AMD EPYC Baremetal Server in Frankfurt? Drop me a PM

• @ehab said:
    show us your

cat /etc/network/interfaces

please replace some numbers with xx's so you don't expose your network.

I messed something up, im running a 100% fresh install as we speak.

• @iandk said:
    You can write me a PM, I'm using a routed setup with both subnets and single ips

I messaged you

• I figured out the issue. I had virtualmin running on the same system, and for some reason it kills the network for the vms. I got it working multible times now, but once i put virtualmin on the host, it dies. Gonna have to look into it some more

• Thanked by (1)angstrom
  • @ehab said:

Getting other errors too while running it like this. So i guess it is proxmox, and only proxmox on the host, and run everything else in vms. Sad, because that ruined my plans

• @Kaffekopp said: Getting other errors too while running it like this. So i guess it is proxmox, and only proxmox on the host, and run everything else in vms. Sad, because that ruined my plans

Yes, that is what a hypervisor is for. What else would you install Proxmox if you planned on installing stuff directly on the host?

Thanked by (2)vimalware iandk