IP v4 issue on mrvm.net NAT VPS

Hi guys,

I have got NAT VM delivered recently. But the thing is, I am unable to connect using IP v4, not even able to ping that IP.
However, the IP v6 works just fine. The problem is, my ISP doesn't have IP v6 support, so I have to ssh in to one of my other VM in order to connect ip v6 instance. So, it will be really helpful if IP v4 works out.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• @coo said:
    Hi guys,

I have got NAT VM delivered recently. But the thing is, I am unable to connect using IP v4, not even able to ping that IP.
    However, the IP v6 works just fine. The problem is, my ISP doesn't have IP v6 support, so I have to ssh in to one of my other VM in order to connect ip v6 instance. So, it will be really helpful if IP v4 works out.

Thanks!

Did you setup port forwarding?

• @seriesn said: Did you setup port forwarding?

Shouldn't need to - ssh port is included automagically.

@coo , which location? Have you verified the ipv4 you're connecting to is what you're expecting? What command are you using to get in via ssh?

• Thanked by (1)Abdullah

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• Did you connect using correct SSH port ? Its a NAT VPS so ssh port will not be default 22

• @kuduku said:
    Did you connect using correct SSH port ? Its a NAT VPS so ssh port will not be default 22

Correct.

Check your email, IIRC, there should be details of which port's are being forwarded to what.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

A common problem is trying to connect to 172.16.x.x

That won’t work as it is an internal IP.
    The external IPv4 is visible in the client area when looking at the service page.
    You will also see the external ssh port on that same page.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

Wikipedia on 172.16.x.x might help with understanding why one can't connect to 172.16.x.x.

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• Which ISP are you using? If they don't support IPv6 in 2021, it's time to name and shame them, and set up an IPv6 tunnel :)

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @Daniel said:
    Which ISP are you using? If they don't support IPv6 in 2021, it's time to name and shame them, and set up an IPv6 tunnel :)

Most wired isps in india don't have ipv6

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@mikho said:
    A common problem is trying to connect to 172.16.x.x

That won’t work as it is an internal IP.
    The external IPv4 is visible in the client area when looking at the service page.
    You will also see the external ssh port on that same page.

@coo
    Let us know if you got it sorted, otherwise you should open a ticket.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• yokowasisyokowasis Services Provider

@codelock said:

@Daniel said:
    Which ISP are you using? If they don't support IPv6 in 2021, it's time to name and shame them, and set up an IPv6 tunnel :)

Most wired isps in india don't have ipv6

And Indonesia. IPV6 is a 1st world country privelege.