Oracle Cloud (Always Free Tier)

cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

My paid trial has expired after 30 days, and whats remaining is the always free resources and features.

I have found that I cannot create a VM with a complete 200GB block storage.

It may be possible to have the default 50GB and attach a 150GB to it.

Is this the same for you?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

Comments

• i can create an instance with a 200gb boot volume just fine, try making sure you don't have any old boot volumes from terminated VMs

Thanked by (1)cybertech
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@11111jfkdd said:
    i can create an instance with a 200gb boot volume just fine, try making sure you don't have any old boot volumes from terminated VMs

thanks! just figured it out. VM created fine with 200GB.

• Isn’t the free tier 100GB/acc?

• @sanvit said:
    Isn’t the free tier 100GB/acc?

they added new arm instances and another 100 gb. ;)

Thanked by (1)sanvit

so say we all

yes, now on ARM with 200GB Block storage with 100MB/s total IOPS. good for lots of stuff.

@11111jfkdd and all, now that I have a single 200GB boot volume for one compute instance, is it possible to detach the boot volume from compute instance, terminate, and re attach a 50GB boot volume back in without killing the instance?

reason being the ARM instance has limited capacity.

• @cybertech said: is it possible to detach the boot volume from compute instance, terminate, and re attach a 50GB boot volume back in without killing the instance?

If you want to detach boot volume, you have turned off the instance. If the VM is turned off, the compute resource(RAM, CPU) will be free & anybody can use that compute resource.

BTW, in which region are you in?

Thanked by (1)cybertech

@Hakim said:

@cybertech said: is it possible to detach the boot volume from compute instance, terminate, and re attach a 50GB boot volume back in without killing the instance?

If you want to detach boot volume, you have turned off the instance. If the VM is turned off, the compute resource(RAM, CPU) will be free & anybody can use that compute resource.

Japan :) well thought so too, so killed n started another one anyway.

• @cybertech said:

@Hakim said:

@cybertech said: is it possible to detach the boot volume from compute instance, terminate, and re attach a 50GB boot volume back in without killing the instance?

Japan :) well thought so too, so killed n started another one anyway.

trying to be near binance's server? ;)

Thanked by (1)cybertech