Avast/AVG VPN $3/year

edited January 7 in General

As long as you’re comfortable using a little google translate, you can get AVG vpn for $3/ first year and $4 recurring.

Just buy from this link: https://www.avg.com/es-ar/secure-vpn

When it asks for CUIT just put any number until it is satisfied, and you’ll be good to go. If you want a discount on year 2 as well just follow the unsubscribe prompt until it offers you a discount

As for the VPN itself, I would say it’s about on par with keepsolid or fastestvpn. It does have the advantage of being backed by a larger company. It’s another good one for my arsenal of cheap VPNs

Comments

  • Avast has the same offer but the renewal is like 15 dollars and the VPN is exactly the same

  • Cart submit fails 😪

  • Figured it out. Must select Argentina country. Does not proceed when selecting other countries.

    Hooray! 🎉 Bought 3 years for about $7 USD. Thanks!

    Thanked by (1)pspatial
  • @jon617 said:
    Figured it out. Must select Argentina country. Does not proceed when selecting other countries.

    Hooray! 🎉 Bought 3 years for about $7 USD. Thanks!

    No problem, hope it works well for you. So far it is decent for my torrenting needs

  • @jon617 said:
    Figured it out. Must select Argentina country. Does not proceed when selecting other countries.

    Hooray! 🎉 Bought 3 years for about $7 USD. Thanks!

    How did you get multiple years? Can I just buy it multiple times to extend?

  • Select 3 years at checkout. Comes to 719 ARS = ~$7.

    Thanked by (1)sanvit
  • edited January 8

    Thanks for posting! I wonder if @Ympker has any experience with this VPN.

  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

    @user123 said:
    Thanks for posting! I wonder if @Ympker has any experience with this VPN.

    Sorry, I never used that one.

  • @Ympker said:

    @user123 said:
    Thanks for posting! I wonder if @Ympker has any experience with this VPN.

    Sorry, I never used that one.

    I can give you an avast activation code if you want, I’m not using it

  • @saibal said:
    Select 3 years at checkout. Comes to 719 ARS = ~$7.

    Thanks! It seems like the 3 year option is only available in PC

  • edited January 9

    @sanvit said: only available in PC

    There's other OS / Length options on their webstore

    This one (which is the same one on their homepage) seems to say that it can be used on all devices

    If the links show non ARS, visit one of the other links in the thread first

  • @timychann said:

    @sanvit said: only available in PC

    There's other OS / Length options on their webstore

    This one (which is the same one on their homepage) seems to say that it can be used on all devices

    If the links show non ARS, visit one of the other links in the thread first

    Whoopse! I meant that the 3 yr option is only available in their desktop page :) The subscription itself seems to be valid on all compatible devices

  • Are they any good?

    Shared: GestionDBI | VPS: NexusBytes, HostHatch, InceptionHosting

  • @sonic said:
    Are they any good?

    Like I said in my post, the performance seems to be on par with other cheap VPNs. It’s not something I would pay regular price for, but for $3 I think the app is better than keepsolid and fastestvpn so this is the one I use

  • @11111jfkdd said:

    @sonic said:
    Are they any good?

    Like I said in my post, the performance seems to be on par with other cheap VPNs. It’s not something I would pay regular price for, but for $3 I think the app is better than keepsolid and fastestvpn so this is the one I use

    Thanks! Which methods do they support? Wireguard available?

    Shared: GestionDBI | VPS: NexusBytes, HostHatch, InceptionHosting

  • @sonic said:

    @11111jfkdd said:

    @sonic said:
    Are they any good?

    Like I said in my post, the performance seems to be on par with other cheap VPNs. It’s not something I would pay regular price for, but for $3 I think the app is better than keepsolid and fastestvpn so this is the one I use

    Thanks! Which methods do they support? Wireguard available?

    No, I don’t think they have manual configs anyways. On iPhone they use ikev2 and on pc they use OpenVPN. I’m not sure what they use on android if you intend on that. If you want to use manual configs I would recommend fastestvpn lifetime deal

  • @11111jfkdd said:

    @sonic said:

    @11111jfkdd said:

    @sonic said:
    Are they any good?

    Like I said in my post, the performance seems to be on par with other cheap VPNs. It’s not something I would pay regular price for, but for $3 I think the app is better than keepsolid and fastestvpn so this is the one I use

    Thanks! Which methods do they support? Wireguard available?

    No, I don’t think they have manual configs anyways. On iPhone they use ikev2 and on pc they use OpenVPN. I’m not sure what they use on android if you intend on that. If you want to use manual configs I would recommend fastestvpn lifetime deal

    fastestvpn does support openvpn manual config but it always says password is wrong when I connect lol
    btw Keepsolid serves me well

    Shared: GestionDBI | VPS: NexusBytes, HostHatch, InceptionHosting

  • edited January 9

    @sonic said:

    @11111jfkdd said:

    @sonic said:

    @11111jfkdd said:

    @sonic said:
    Are they any good?

    Like I said in my post, the performance seems to be on par with other cheap VPNs. It’s not something I would pay regular price for, but for $3 I think the app is better than keepsolid and fastestvpn so this is the one I use

    Thanks! Which methods do they support? Wireguard available?

    No, I don’t think they have manual configs anyways. On iPhone they use ikev2 and on pc they use OpenVPN. I’m not sure what they use on android if you intend on that. If you want to use manual configs I would recommend fastestvpn lifetime deal

    fastestvpn does support openvpn manual config but it always says password is wrong when I connect lol
    btw Keepsolid serves me well

    I like keepsolid but their mobile app is slow to load for me. I would give AVG/Avast VPN to my parents because the app is so simple

  • @11111jfkdd said:

    @sonic said:

    @11111jfkdd said:

    @sonic said:
    Are they any good?

    Like I said in my post, the performance seems to be on par with other cheap VPNs. It’s not something I would pay regular price for, but for $3 I think the app is better than keepsolid and fastestvpn so this is the one I use

    Thanks! Which methods do they support? Wireguard available?

    No, I don’t think they have manual configs anyways.

    So you can only use their service if you use their app?

  • https://campaigns.avira.com/de/heise-adventskalender

    Free VPN from Avira for 6 months, it's not great, but it's free.

  • edited January 10

    @user123 said: So you can only use their service if you use their app?

    Their VPN app, yeah, seems to be required. On a PC, it claims to run openvpn under the hood, but I can't find any .ovpn files that I can import into other programs. My other vpn uses OpenVPN, and still working on the same system as AVG vpn so far.

    Thanked by (1)user123
Sign In or Register to comment.