Monitoring uptime node VPS

I want to create uptime monitoring for my node VPS. What services can you recommend?

I got it https://stats.hostinger.com/

I don't like the page design

«1

Comments

  • Try hetrixtools and uptimerobot

    Thanked by (2)uptime Andrei
  • DreamDream Hosting ProviderOG

    You also could try our free instance of monitoring with 5 Probes for Free and multi location pooler.

  • Hetrixtools is prem +1

    Thanked by (1)Andrei

    BaseServ Ltd - UK Shared DirectAdmin Hosting | Litespeed + Cloudlinux + Free Backups
    BaseServ Certified to ISO/IEC 27001: 2013

  • @dahartigan said:
    Try hetrixtools and uptimerobot

    @Jord said:
    Hetrixtools is prem +1

    Not sure about it. It often gives me false report.

    Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint Andrei

    Shared: Smallweb| VPS: NexusBytes, FlowVPS, VirMach, InceptionHosting, Linode
    Gapps legacy 100/200 users cheap 4 sale. PM

  • @sonic said:

    @dahartigan said:
    Try hetrixtools and uptimerobot

    @Jord said:
    Hetrixtools is prem +1

    Not sure about it. It often gives me false report.

    Oh, not sure about that, it's been solid for me.

    Thanked by (2)Andrei dahartigan

    BaseServ Ltd - UK Shared DirectAdmin Hosting | Litespeed + Cloudlinux + Free Backups
    BaseServ Certified to ISO/IEC 27001: 2013

  • @sonic said:

    @dahartigan said:
    Try hetrixtools and uptimerobot

    @Jord said:
    Hetrixtools is prem +1

    Not sure about it. It often gives me false report.

    This is a false report. Reported! :-)

    I've had it happen too, on a ping monitor, that was my fault because I didn't read the big red warning about it lol

    Thanked by (1)Andrei
  • seriesnseriesn Hosting ProviderOG

    Hetrixtools+pinguzo+nixstat+uptimerobot+munin.

    I am a sucker for monitoring. When I get 1 notification, I am slightly uncomfortable, but when 2 places says something is down, I am down to get @dahartigan (dirty for those who don't get my dad joke word play).

    There is no such thing as enough monitoring.

  • edited February 21

    @seriesn said: Hetrixtools+pinguzo+nixstat+uptimerobot+munin.

    Isn't that like having a condom over a condom over a condom over a condom over a condom sir? Bit OTT and will end up breaking :joy:

    Thanked by (1)dahartigan

    BaseServ Ltd - UK Shared DirectAdmin Hosting | Litespeed + Cloudlinux + Free Backups
    BaseServ Certified to ISO/IEC 27001: 2013

  • seriesnseriesn Hosting ProviderOG

    @Jord said:

    @seriesn said: Hetrixtools+pinguzo+nixstat+uptimerobot+munin.

    Isn't that like having a condom over a condom over a condom over a condom over a condom sir? Bit OTT and will end up breaking :joy:

    I just don't want you to have my baby okay?

    Thanked by (1)dahartigan
  • @seriesn said:

    @Jord said:

    @seriesn said: Hetrixtools+pinguzo+nixstat+uptimerobot+munin.

    Isn't that like having a condom over a condom over a condom over a condom over a condom sir? Bit OTT and will end up breaking :joy:

    I just don't want you to have my baby okay?

    I'm saying that is likely easier to get pregnant sir :joy:

    BaseServ Ltd - UK Shared DirectAdmin Hosting | Litespeed + Cloudlinux + Free Backups
    BaseServ Certified to ISO/IEC 27001: 2013

  • I also recommend Hetrixtools. For a while I also used nodeping and I had no problems. (I don't know how it will work today)

    Thanked by (1)Andrei
  • seriesnseriesn Hosting ProviderOG

    @Jord said:

    @seriesn said:

    @Jord said:

    @seriesn said: Hetrixtools+pinguzo+nixstat+uptimerobot+munin.

    Isn't that like having a condom over a condom over a condom over a condom over a condom sir? Bit OTT and will end up breaking :joy:

    I just don't want you to have my baby okay?

    I'm saying that is likely easier to get pregnant sir :joy:

    Sir, micro condoms don't break, you should know that too :lol:

    Thanked by (1)cybertech
  • You mean you people don't just browse your sites randomly to check if they are up???
    You just believe some kind of "Robots" to do their job right? After all that hollywood movies?

  • seriesnseriesn Hosting ProviderOG

    @PHP_Backend said:
    You just believe some kind of "Robots" to do their job right? After all that hollywood movies?

    Sir, I live my life the Bollywood way @vyas

    Thanked by (1)vyas
  • WSSWSS Retired

    @seriesn said:

    @PHP_Backend said:
    You just believe some kind of "Robots" to do their job right? After all that hollywood movies?

    Sir, I live my life the Bollywood way @vyas

    Thanked by (3)ehab comi uptime

    My pronouns are asshole/asshole/asshole. I will give you the same courtesy.

  • @Jord said:

    @sonic said:

    @dahartigan said:
    Try hetrixtools and uptimerobot

    @Jord said:
    Hetrixtools is prem +1

    Not sure about it. It often gives me false report.

    Oh, not sure about that, it's been solid for me.

    Hetrix is nice. Had some weird false reports. Especially when working on a node (nothing that should interfere with the hetrix agent cron job), and I get an email saying the server is down ... ;)

    UptimeRobot ... have an account, haven't checked/used it in quite a while (years, actually), maybe worth checking out again.

    Munin is nice, buy haven't used in a while, either.

    Thanked by (1)Andrei
  • @seriesn said:
    Hetrixtools+pinguzo+nixstat+uptimerobot+munin.

    I am a sucker for monitoring. When I get 1 notification, I am slightly uncomfortable, but when 2 places says something is down, I am down to get @dahartigan (dirty for those who don't get my dad joke word play).

    There is no such thing as enough monitoring.

    I have tested Hetrixtools+pinguzo+nixstat+uptimerobot. Really good. Thanks

    Thanked by (1)Andrei
  • edited February 22

    Zilore free monitoring been spot on accurate for me.

    I tried it out on a lark couple years ago. Web interface is slow JS, but the email alerts are what I rely on for bread+butter.

  • @flips said:

    @Jord said:

    @sonic said:

    @dahartigan said:
    Try hetrixtools and uptimerobot

    @Jord said:
    Hetrixtools is prem +1

    Not sure about it. It often gives me false report.

    Oh, not sure about that, it's been solid for me.

    Hetrix is nice. Had some weird false reports. Especially when working on a node (nothing that should interfere with the hetrix agent cron job), and I get an email saying the server is down ... ;)

    UptimeRobot ... have an account, haven't checked/used it in quite a while (years, actually), maybe worth checking out again.

    Munin is nice, buy haven't used in a while, either.

    Oh never had that issue, I've only been alerted to downtime when I had downtime and that was me doing maintenance. Maybe ask them, they offer fantastic support. Even on Discord.

    BaseServ Ltd - UK Shared DirectAdmin Hosting | Litespeed + Cloudlinux + Free Backups
    BaseServ Certified to ISO/IEC 27001: 2013

  • @Jord said:

    @flips said:

    @Jord said:

    @sonic said:

    @dahartigan said:
    Try hetrixtools and uptimerobot

    @Jord said:
    Hetrixtools is prem +1

    Not sure about it. It often gives me false report.

    Oh, not sure about that, it's been solid for me.

    Hetrix is nice. Had some weird false reports. Especially when working on a node (nothing that should interfere with the hetrix agent cron job), and I get an email saying the server is down ... ;)

    UptimeRobot ... have an account, haven't checked/used it in quite a while (years, actually), maybe worth checking out again.

    Munin is nice, buy haven't used in a while, either.

    Discord.

    TIL

    Thanked by (2)seriesn cybertech
  • AndreiAndrei Services Provider
    edited February 23

    @sonic said: Not sure about it. It often gives me false report.

    Please open a support ticket so I can look into it and clear things up. Cheers.

    @flips said: Hetrix is nice. Had some weird false reports. Especially when working on a node (nothing that should interfere with the hetrix agent cron job), and I get an email saying the server is down ...

    Heartbeat monitors aren't the most reliable when it comes to uptime monitoring, considering that there's an array of factors on your server that may prevent the agent from sending data to our platform, including: high load, cronjobs not working, dns errors, outgoing traffic errors, firewall, etc. The way I advise customers is to have a regular Ping/Service Uptime Monitor, to which they can simply attach a Server Agent to track server resource usage, this way our platform has a defined target to monitor and it will monitor it from multiple locations around the globe to accurately determine it's up/down status, while a heartbeat monitor has just one single point of failure which makes it unreliable.

    For more info please see: https://docs.hetrixtools.com/attach-a-server-monitor-to-any-of-your-uptime-monitors/

    Cheers.

    Thanked by (2)flips Not_Oles
  • +1 for Uptime Robot. Shame they nerfed the free plan recently and removed HTTPS monitoring, but for my use case usually a ping monitor is all I need.

    Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.

  • I'll toss my hat in the ring. We've got huge selection of check types and some cool stuff coming up to monitor inside your private networks.

    Give our free 15-day trial a spin and let us know if it's a good fit.

    Thanked by (1)uptime
  • hotlineservershotlineservers Hosting Provider

    Uptimerobot or uptimedoctor

    Instant setup kvm ssd vps in Los Angeles,Chicago,New York,Dallas,Frankfurt,Free Direct Admin
    https://hotlineservers.com

  • WSSWSS Retired

    @NodePing said:
    I'll toss my hat in the ring. We've got huge selection of check types and some cool stuff coming up to monitor inside your private networks.

    Give our free 15-day trial a spin and let us know if it's a good fit.

    How about having a way to remove monitors from the console rather than having to do a JSON post? That'd be spiffyriffic.

    My pronouns are asshole/asshole/asshole. I will give you the same courtesy.

  • @WSS said: How about having a way to remove monitors from the console rather than having to do a JSON post? That'd be spiffyriffic.

    I'm confused. Which "console" do you mean?

    If you mean from command line, a curl ain't that hard to do.

    If you mean from our web UI, just click on "Edit" then click on "Delete".

    Can you clarify?

  • WSSWSS Retired

    @NodePing said:

    I'm confused. Which "console" do you mean?
    If you mean from command line, a curl ain't that hard to do.

    Not at all, but when you're giving the task to monitor to someone who can't spell JSON, it gets tricky.

    If you mean from our web UI, just click on "Edit" then click on "Delete".

    I'll have to recheck permissions, because the last few times just had to wait for the request to cURL it out downstream.

    Cheers.

    My pronouns are asshole/asshole/asshole. I will give you the same courtesy.

  • @WSS said: Not at all, but when you're giving the task to monitor to someone who can't spell JSON, it gets tricky.

    We make it easy. Our delete API call doesn't require any JSON. https://nodeping.com/docs-api-checks.html#delete

    Thanked by (1)WSS
  • Wow, they still around? I remember using them back in 2013-2014, and they went completely silent sometime around then.

Sign In or Register to comment.