Contact Form with Double Opt-in

YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

What's your go-to contact form plugin that supports double opt-in? E.g. person fills out form on website, submits, and then gets an email with a link to confirm they really want to yada yada. You know how it goes.. gdpr

Comments

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@Ympker said:
    What's your go-to contact form plugin that supports double opt-in? E.g. person fills out form on website, submits, and then gets an email with a link to confirm they really want to yada yada. You know how it goes.. gdpr

Double opt in is a good idea regardless of the stubid GDPR.

Having said that, it makes more sense for newsletter subscriptions and similar.
    For a contact form, it is more important to provide good spam & bot protection.

WPforms works nicely with Cloudflare Turnstile, which is quite good at preventing bots and spam. But, at least the free version I've used, there is no double opt-in option for the contact form.

Relja

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@bikegremlin said:

@Ympker said:

Double opt in is a good idea regardless of the stubid GDPR.

Having said that, it makes more sense for newsletter subscriptions and similar.
    For a contact form, it is more important to provide good spam & bot protection.

WPforms works nicely with Cloudflare Turnstile, which is quite good at preventing bots and spam. But, at least the free version I've used, there is no double opt-in option for the contact form.

Relja

Thanks for the input, mate. Yeah, the university department I work for seems to be looking for a contact form plugin that allows for double opt-in and is GDPR compliant. I found a double opt-in plugin for WPForms by Borlabs and a Plugin for Contact Form 7 so far, but none of that really sounds nice, as it relies on a third party to keep the plugin (double opt-in) for the plugin (wpforms/cf7) updated..

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • Does anyone have any suggestions for a free simple contact form for for a plain static website (hosted on a standard web hosting, not something like Netlify).

• @Joseph said:
    Does anyone have any suggestions for a free simple contact form for for a plain static website (hosted on a standard web hosting, not something like Netlify).

avoiding spammers ?

• @cpsd said:

@Joseph said:
    Does anyone have any suggestions for a free simple contact form for for a plain static website (hosted on a standard web hosting, not something like Netlify).

avoiding spammers ?

Preferably, certainly.

• Personally I would only put a button for WhatsApp.