Cant cancel pending order

Hello,

Is it standard for a provider not to allow a client to cancel a pending order? I ordered a plan from a shady host but decided not to pay in the end. I ordered March 1. Up to now Im still receiving Payment due emails. There is no cancel in the Service or Invoice page. Theyre using whmcs.

Also is it standard not to allow client to change his name or email address details? Ive already asked to update details over 15 days ago but still no reply from Admin. Support escalated ticket to Admin.

Comments

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider

WHMCS does not have the cancel order option when an order is pending.

No ticket response?

If so, you might as well block their emails. If they want your money, they might as well listen to the customers.

Curious, what is this host?

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

@exp3 said:

Also is it standard not to allow client to change his name or email address details?

For a lot of companies, it is. Realistically the function is used fraudulently, not for those who have legitimately changed their name.

You can try using the GDPR argument if you have no financial history with them and want your details removed.

Thanked by (1)lentro
  • @exp3 said: I ordered a plan from a shady host but decided not to pay in the end

Ouch!

@exp3 said: Also is it standard not to allow client to change his name or email address details?

Pretty standard practice.

@exp3 said: Ive already asked to update details over 15 days ago but still no reply from Admin. Support escalated ticket to Admin.

How long ago did you receive the last response?

• Oops just checked last reply was on 3/6 saying they escalated to admin. But no update yet from admin.

Its a host in US and prefer not to tell to not start drama. Just wanted to check performance and uptime since it was cheap.