Brian Kernighan interviews Ken Thompson (Youtube video from 2019)

Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

Maybe some of you guys might enjoy this Youtube video of Brian Kernighan interviewing Ken Thompson. Memories recounted by Ken Thompson include how he got into graduate school, how he got his job at Bell Labs, how he wrote the first version of Unix, the invention of pipes, the invention of grep, nroff, and troff, plus epic tales of computer powered chess.

Have fun!

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

Thanked by (3)berkay bugrakoc angstrom

Comments

• Seem you really fans with him Tom, but actually I will appreciate too with a man who's really older from me. I feel somebody like him, in my perspective he is really a happy man. Until old time he's still enjoy with a subject area worked on the past. A man show with love will never feel desperate for failed, but keep going until successful. I don't know, maybe.

• @Not_Oles said:
    Maybe some of you guys might enjoy this Youtube video of Brian Kernighan interviewing Ken Thompson.

Love it, thank you! :)

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@flips said:

@Not_Oles said:
    Maybe some of you guys might enjoy this Youtube video of Brian Kernighan interviewing Ken Thompson.

Love it, thank you! :)

Glad you loved it @flips I sincerely appreciate your feedback!! I almost didn't post this, because, you know, there is such a thing as too much "old geezer" ranting. :-) Of course, there are amazing young programmers too.

Thanked by (1)flips

• WSSWSS OGRetired

Thanks for sharing!

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@WSS said:
    Thanks for sharing!

@WSS You've been so nice to me ever since I arrived! Thank YOU @WSS

• @Not_Oles said: I almost didn't post this, because, you know, there is such a thing as too much "old geezer" ranting. :-)

It is? ;) (In this business, I'm close to being considered old myself, though not fifty yet ...) :#

• @Not_Oles said:
    Maybe some of you guys might enjoy this Youtube video of Brian Kernighan interviewing Ken Thompson. Memories recounted by Ken Thompson include how he got into graduate school, how he got his job at Bell Labs, how he wrote the first version of Unix, the invention of pipes, the invention of grep, nroff, and troff, plus epic tales of computer powered chess.

Have fun!

Such a wonderful video! Thank you for sharing.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles