Multiple Monitoring

Looking for suggestions for multiple monitoring setup. E.g.
Instance1, Instance2, Instance3, Instance4 >> Instance5 (where all 1to4 instances are being monitored)

Is there anything like this? Right now considering github.com/netdata/netdata

⚆ ͜ʖ ͡⚆ Thanked by (1281): verjin

Comments

• Suggest zabbix
    Need some time to learn but definitely worth it.

Thanked by (1)verjin
  • verjinverjin OG
    edited April 2020

@PolyQY said:
    Suggest zabbix

Any thought on Nagios?

• @verjin said:
    Any thought on Nagios?

The Nagios and derivatives are good for slow movers. They are very flexible, but they aren't great for metrics.

Netdata is really good, but it needs to be paired with something else to get host alive notifications.

The tricky part is getting something that will tell you if the host is alive, but also deal with metrics in a reasonable fashion. Right now, there's not a great middle ground.

Thanked by (2)verjin iandk
  • @verjin said:

@PolyQY said:
    Suggest zabbix

Any thought on Nagios?

Nagios is extremely flexible, if you know how to use it. It is not a turn-key solution, and its not really good for metrics. Nagios is more of a "alert, this happened right now" solution.
    But properly configured and teamed with a timeseries database for metrix it can be really, really powerful.
    I've built a few solutions where I've used Nagios to collect data and feed it to an Influxdb or pnp4nagios and then visualized it with Grafana, and there are very few things you cant monitor with a setup like that.

If you want something hosted take a look at Hetrix (www.hetrixtools.com). It's very simple but surprisingly good.

Thanked by (2)verjin Andrei
  • verjinverjin OG
    edited April 2020

Anyone has experience with "sensu monitoring"? I find it complex to setup.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Hosting ProviderOG

You could look into LibreNMS which works pretty well, uses snmp to monitor your system, automatically creates up the graphs for the most common items like network usage, CPU usage, RAM usage, disk I/O etc

CrownCloud - Internet Services | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Atlanta, Georgia | Miami, Florida