ZAP-Hosting Lifetime Servers - Discussion, Updates

Comments

• edited May 2023

@rubenmdh said:

@root said:

@Ympker said:
    Finland seems to have better uptime than Germany, so perhaps choose that one.

Finland and Germany... do they use Hetzner's datacentre?

I took the plunge and bought a "lifetime" dedi. They seem to use Combahton network (quite prem) at Germany. Will try to post more info about it tomorrow.

Do you have any bandwidth limit with your dedi? With VPSs there are 5TB

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @zgato said:

@rubenmdh said:
    I took the plunge and bought a "lifetime" dedi. They seem to use Combahton network (quite prem) at Germany. Will try to post more info about it tomorrow.

Lifetime... of what? Yours, the hosts, the owners, or of the parts?

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• rootroot OG
    edited May 2023

@somik said:

@zgato said:

@rubenmdh said:

I never trusted the idea of selling lifetime VPS. I just can't trust it because it gets defeated by simple mathematics.

As an example: there was CloudAtCost at some point which oversold the 💩 out of their servers for lifetimes, and then changed the rules for adding "maintenance fees". Lifetimes can't possibly work for long periods of times (such as 20 years), because circumstances can always change. Even support becomes a mess, as lifetime plans get older and need support (with CloudAtCost it was non-existent).

Sure, there are lifetimes that have a chance to work. For example VPNs can work, because a VPN mostly needs bandwidth. As fibre optics becomes cheaper and bandwidth becomes cheaper, this model is somewhat sustainable considering not all lifetime accounts are used at the same time. But with VPS... or even dedicated... hell no... it's a totally different game.

The only lifetime VPS mechanic I can see working is into some free giveaway when a company reaches some celebration or achievement; mostly this can be done for publicity and exposure; but that's about it. I have seen Cloudcone do this sometimes and such advertising seems to work.

How are you... online?

• @root said:

@somik said:

@zgato said:

@rubenmdh said:

I never trusted the idea of selling lifetime VPS. I just can't trust it because it gets defeated by simple mathematics.

As an example: there was CloudAtCost at some point which oversold the 💩 out of their servers for lifetimes, and then changed the rules for adding "maintenance fees". Lifetimes can't possibly work for long periods of times (such as 20 years), because circumstances can always change. Even support becomes a mess, as lifetime plans get older and need support (with CloudAtCost it was non-existent).

Sure, there are lifetimes that have a chance to work. For example VPNs can work, because a VPN mostly needs bandwidth. As fibre optics becomes cheaper and bandwidth becomes cheaper, this model is somewhat sustainable considering not all lifetime accounts are used at the same time. But with VPS... or even dedicated... hell no... it's a totally different game.

The only lifetime VPS mechanic I can see working is into some free giveaway when a company reaches some celebration or achievement; mostly this can be done for publicity and exposure; but that's about it. I have seen Cloudcone do this sometimes and such advertising seems to work.

lifetime dedis are super not sustainable. I view them as basically prepaying for 1 year and then having an ephemeral server for any time after that. Dedis need rackspace and power, and you can't offset the cost of a node with customers on reoccuring plans like you can with VPS. Lifetime VPS is more fine, since it's basically just a way to fill excess node space + secure immediate funding for new nodes to be deployed. I think that there is nothing wrong with a provider selling those in moderation. Anyone selling services with non reoccuring billing while having their suppliers requiring consistent cash flow (webhosting, vps, dedi, game servers) is operating a ponzi scheme if the majority of their deals are "lifetime" and should be treated as such. I do think they're fun deals when done in moderation to fill out node space (see @jarland 's mxroute deals as an example of lifetime deals done well).

• @fluttershy said:
    Lifetime VPS is more fine, since it's basically just a way to fill excess node space

I dont think even VPS is ok, as they are still taking up the resources of the server in terms of ram and cpu, but mini VPS plans are ok.

@fluttershy said:
    I do think they're fun deals when done in moderation to fill out node space (see @jarland 's mxroute deals as an example of lifetime deals done well).

Agree with you there. Hosting plans with lifetime are ok as even 1 year hosting is only like $20 for a good hosting service.

• @zgato said:

@rubenmdh said:

@root said:

@Ympker said:

Yes, there's the same "tremendous" limit for dedicateds regardless of the mode you choose. But at least it is connected to a 10Gbps pipe.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited May 2023

@rubenmdh said:

@root said:

@Ympker said:

Yup, Comathon Network.
    You even took a bite on the lifetime dedi? I was hesitant, because the hw could get old at some point, and lxc would probably just see nodes replaced with newer hw once it gets old. Can you give some feedback regarding the dedi? Which one did you get? :)
    Regarding their data centre, there is some info on the website iirc:

Germany, FFM, Eygelshoven:

We offer an own server infrastructure with our own network and dedicated hardware at our main location Frankfurt am Main, Germany. The company "ZAP-Hosting" was built on this location in 2010.

As a "branch" of our data center in Frankfurt, the Tier III data center "SkyLink" in Eygelshoven (near Aachen, directly on the Dutch border) was introduced in March 2020. All traffic is routed via Frankfurt, so that our customers benefit from an optimal connection and DDoS Protection.

DDoS Protection
    Since December 2019, we have been using the Combahton DDoS Protection with Corebackbone pre-filtering in Frankfurt and Eygelshoven.

Hardware:
    Especially HP C7000 G3 ProLiant blade systems with 16x HP G8/G9 blades with 2x E5-2690v2/v4 CPUs each are used. Each with DDR3 and DDR4 ECC memory with up to 3000 MHz speed.
    We rely on and Juniper switches. Our coreswitch has 48x 10G SFP+ ports, over which the entire uplink of our infrastructure is obtained. Through this switch we provide all other switches with uplinks.

IP networks
    As an official RIPE member we offer our own IP addresses at this location.

Dieselstraße 37, 60314 Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland

Finland DC:

Our data center in Helsinki, Finland convinces with short intervention times in case of problems. Especially players and users from the Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania), as well as from parts of Russia, Belarus and Sweden benefit from the location of the data center.

Hardware:
    We
    rely on over-clocked CPUs, 64 GB for our game-server host server with DDR4 regECC memory and fast NVMe SSDs. VPS are hosted on server CPUs with at least 14 cores.

DDoS Protection:
    The site in Helsinki, Finland offers optimal DDoS protection with a possible mitigation of up to 2 Tbit/s.

On-site personnel:
    Technicians are on site 24/7 for emergencies.
    Our
    Monitoring system informs us about all failures in real time. So immediate intervention of a technician on site is possible.

Helsinki, Finland> @fluttershy said:

@root said:

@somik said:

@zgato said:

@rubenmdh said:

lifetime dedis are super not sustainable. I view them as basically prepaying for 1 year and then having an ephemeral server for any time after that. Dedis need rackspace and power, and you can't offset the cost of a node with customers on reoccuring plans like you can with VPS. Lifetime VPS is more fine, since it's basically just a way to fill excess node space + secure immediate funding for new nodes to be deployed. I think that there is nothing wrong with a provider selling those in moderation. Anyone selling services with non reoccuring billing while having their suppliers requiring consistent cash flow (webhosting, vps, dedi, game servers) is operating a ponzi scheme if the majority of their deals are "lifetime" and should be treated as such. I do think they're fun deals when done in moderation to fill out node space (see @jarland 's mxroute deals as an example of lifetime deals done well).

@root
    While I agree lifetime Dedis are not sustainable in itself , it could work if they just tag it as a product line that generates them loss, but publicity, which then again could bring them some people who just get a subscription service, or "just" a lifetime vps.
    The way I see it, right now, they have the means to sustain their lifetime deals through a means of a) 30.000+ servers that are rented with recurring subs (so they have a steady income sort of) + b) huge (inital) cash flow through lifetime deals (kind of the point why companies offer lifetime anything), c) FOMO ("How long will they keep offering lifetime..dedi/vps?"), which can't be underestimated and d) the inactivity clause which they could even reduce from 3 months to 1 month in ToS any time. Remember, originally my lifetime mc server was bought without any inactivity clause, however (legal or not), it supposedly applies now to my old product, too. There's also the chance many lifetime buyers (like me) are hoarders, who just idle their vps, so VPS can be oversold quite a lot. I'm not sure how long they'll be able to keep this all up, but as long as cash comes in a (good) Ponzischeme can run for years and years, where I would've gotten my money's worth out of the deal, so in this case I'm happy to just ride the wave :P

Thanked by (1)root
  • @somik said:

@fluttershy said:
    Lifetime VPS is more fine, since it's basically just a way to fill excess node space

I dont think even VPS is ok, as they are still taking up the resources of the server in terms of ram and cpu, but mini VPS plans are ok.

I explained why they make sense right below this. Most providers don't cram their nodes, this lets them fill overhead while having extra cash on hand to purchase new hardware. The reoccurring customers are paying for rackspace, bandwidth, and power needed to run the hypervisors. The only real costs are hardware, which is generally a one time payment. So for VPS, I can see a reason to offer lifetime plans. Not a good reason, and only if they're not offering too many, since otherwise it becomes a ponzi.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited May 2023

@fluttershy said:

@somik said:

@fluttershy said:

I explained why they make sense right below this. Most providers don't cram their nodes, this lets them fill overhead while having extra cash on hand to purchase new hardware. The reoccurring customers are paying for rackspace, bandwidth, and power needed to run the hypervisors. The only real costs are hardware, which is generally a one time payment. So for VPS, I can see a reason to offer lifetime plans. Not a good reason, and only if they're not offering too many, since otherwise it becomes a ponzi.

Exactly. With VPS they could just fill empty space, while recurring costs would be covered by their subscription customers.

Currently 10% discount which can also be used for lifetimes: use code "everything-10" upon checkout.

• edited May 2023

It seems that I picked a good time to login to LES after quite a while! They do not declare an AS nor they have a looking glass anywhere. @Ympker, could you kindly find out the AS from your IP with them? You just need to paste the IP into bgp.he.net.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited May 2023

@sgheghele said:
    It seems that I picked a good time to login to LES after quite a while! They do not declare an AS nor they have a looking glass anywhere. @Ympker, could you kindly find out the AS from your IP with them? You just need to paste the IP into bgp.he.net.

Sure :) Combathon is Prem in Frankfurt as I've been told. I have Finland location for LXC, though. I also have a Rootserver in Germany with them, though. ASN is the same.
    ASN : AS30823 combahton GmbH
    Welcome back, mate! :)

It was also included in my YABS:

@Ympker said:
    ZAP Hosting Lifetime VPS LXC Finland, 2vCores, 8GB RAM, 25GB Disk Space, 500 Mbit/s

YABS (Geekbench 6 aborted,Geekbench 5 worked).
    Disk speed is kind of meh (it's no ssd though), and IP Location shows Pakistan (not correct) but still I'll be able to make use of this machine.

user@vps-1:~# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2023-03-24                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Mon Apr 17 17:09:58 UTC 2023

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 14 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v2 @ 2.80GHz
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 3131.169 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 8.0 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 24.5 GiB
    Distro     : Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
    Kernel     : 5.4.65-1-pve
    VM Type    : LXC
    Net Online : IPv4

IPv4 Network Information:
    ISP        : combahton GmbH
    ASN        : AS30823 combahton GmbH
    Host       : Cloudj Limited
    Location   : Karachi, Sindh (SD)
    Country    : Pakistan

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 8.00 MB/s     (2.0k) | 1.03 GB/s    (16.1k)
    Write      | 8.02 MB/s     (2.0k) | 1.03 GB/s    (16.2k)
    Total      | 16.03 MB/s    (4.0k) | 2.07 GB/s    (32.3k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 1.08 GB/s     (2.1k) | 1.52 MB/s        (1)
    Write      | 1.14 GB/s     (2.2k) | 1.89 MB/s        (1)
    Total      | 2.22 GB/s     (4.3k) | 3.41 MB/s        (2)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | busy            | 493 Mbits/sec   | 38.9 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 483 Mbits/sec   | 440 Mbits/sec   | 32.1 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 484 Mbits/sec   | 494 Mbits/sec   | 27.2 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 334 Mbits/sec   | 465 Mbits/sec   | 100 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | busy            | 365 Mbits/sec   | 96.3 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 138 Mbits/sec   | 403 Mbits/sec   | 131 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | busy            | 80.4 Mbits/sec  | 159 ms

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 587
    Multi Core      | 1098
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/21073507

YABS completed in 3 min 16 sec

Thanked by (1)sgheghele
  • On selecting the OS it seems they have very old operating systems. Do they allow uploading some ISO or netboot.xyz in the client area?

Thanked by (1)Ympker

How are you... online?

edited May 2023

@root said:
    On selecting the OS it seems they have very old operating systems. Do they allow uploading some ISO or netboot.xyz in the client area?

No option to upload own ISO. Only for dedicated servers. I actually asked about netboot this morning on Discord, have to check for a reply later. Rootservers have outdated Distros (Ubuntu 18.04 is bugged apparently and Debian 10 is the only one available, basically).

They are, however, working on adding more images as the issue is talked about on their Discord (English and German channels) on a weekly/monthly basis. A discord staff told me that they are sort of working on a bigger update/improvement for all Rootservers, that's why it's taking so long and we still sit with old images. Technically, you can also install Ubuntu 18, ask them to fix the buggy bug (network conf bug apparently) and then do-realse uprade to 20.04 manually.

LXC have up-to-date distros (Ubuntu 20.04, Debian 11..)

Thanked by (1)rootnet
  • @root said:
    On selecting the OS it seems they have very old operating systems. Do they allow uploading some ISO or netboot.xyz in the client area?

I've got a linux rootserver with them. I usually install their Debian 10, and then add netboot.xyz to the grub menu. Reboot the server, access netboot.xyz from the VNC and then you can install whatever linux distro you like. I've personally tried and installed ubuntu 22.04 and debian 11 through netboot.xyz and it works perfectly fine.

@Ympker said:

@root said:

No option to upload own ISO. Only for dedicated servers. I actually asked about netboot this morning on Discord, have to check for a reply later. Rootservers have outdated Distros (Ubuntu 18.04 is bugged apparently and Debian 10 is the only one available, basically).

They are, however, working on adding more images as the issue is talked about on their Discord (English and German channels) on a weekly/monthly basis. A discord staff told me that they are sort of working on a bigger update/improvement for all Rootservers, that's why it's taking so long and we still sit with old images. Technically, you can also install Ubuntu 18, ask them to fix the buggy bug (network conf bug apparently) and then do-realse uprade to 20.04 manually.

Thanks for sharing this. It's good to know they are cooking something for rootservers.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited May 2023

@rootnet said:

@root said:

I've got a linux rootserver with them. I usually install their Debian 10, and then add netboot.xyz to the grub menu. Reboot the server, access netboot.xyz from the VNC and then you can install whatever linux distro you like. I've personally tried and installed ubuntu 22.04 and debian 11 through netboot.xyz and it works perfectly fine.

@Ympker said:

@root said:

Thanks for sharing this. It's good to know they are cooking something for rootservers.

Need to try that with my rootserver, thanks!

Yup, they are working to improve (Root-)servers/Panel overall, but it's not just about OS versions, hence why it's taking so long.

• edited May 2023

Although not explicitly shown on bgp.he.net, they (Combathon) go to AS3320 (Deutsche Telekom) directly, at least from Frankfurt. Just tested with their cheapest prepaid VPS. This may be it 🥹

traceroute to MY_IP (MY_IP), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
     1  * * *
     2  * * *
     3  * * *
     4  ae6-core4.core3.ffm3.de (45.138.175.61)  5.833 ms  5.815 ms  5.831 ms
     5  160.20.144.69 (160.20.144.69)  5.263 ms  5.353 ms  5.343 ms
     6  f-ed3-i.F.DE.NET.DTAG.DE (62.157.251.157)  5.712 ms  5.796 ms  5.786 ms
     7  NEAR_MY_HOST.dip0.t-ipconnect.de (NEAR_MY_IP)  8.154 ms  8.182 ms  8.158 ms
     8  MY_HOST.t-ipconnect.de (MY_IP)  11.654 ms  12.096 ms  11.539 ms

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @sgheghele said:
    Although not explicitly shown on bgp.he.net, they (Combathon) go to AS3320 (Deutsche Telekom) directly, at least from Frankfurt. Just tested with their cheapest prepaid VPS. This may be it 🥹

Sorry, what's wrong with going through AS3320?

@somik said:

@sgheghele said:

I think he was meaning to say that this is good. "This may be it." (This may be what I've been looking for)

Thanked by (1)somik
  • @Ympker said:

@somik said:

@sgheghele said:

I think he was meaning to say that this is good. "This may be it." (This may be what I've been looking for)

Yes, I meant that I often have troubles finding hosting providers that have decent peering with AS3320/DTAG, which is my ISP. This one seems decent.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @Ympker said:

@rubenmdh said:

@root said:

@Ympker said:

Can you give some feedback regarding the dedi? Which one did you get? :)

Sure thing, I will try to gather as much information as possible to do some in-depth review. It seems to be an HP ProLiant blade server and I've got iLO access... Should I post it here whenever I have it ready or maybe on a separate thread?
    Anything you'd like me to test?

Model is Intel Xeon E5-2640v2 - 64 GB - 1x 500 GB.

Thanked by (2)Ympker sgheghele
  • @rubenmdh said:
    Sure thing, I will try to gather as much information as possible to do some in-depth review. It seems to be an HP ProLiant blade server and I've got iLO access... Should I post it here whenever I have it ready or maybe on a separate thread?

Just run the standard benchmarks. Also share about your experience on using the server. How responsive it feels, etc.

@rubenmdh said:

That's a old CPU. Even v3 is now considered obsolite. Even v4 are no longer used in many datacenters...

Thanked by (1)Ympker

• ialexpwialexpw OGServices Provider
    edited May 2023

@rubenmdh said: Model is Intel Xeon E5-2640v2 - 64 GB - 1x 500 GB.

That's the one I'm also looking at too...

@somik said: That's a old CPU. Even v3 is now considered obsolite. Even v4 are no longer used in many datacenters...

It seems like near enough all are obsolete for the lifetime servers, although it's not really surprising as they would have been just old/cheap stock. Even if it lasts ~2 years it would work out to be around £21 p/month which is a bargain already.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Syuh - sftp, rsync & rclone accessible storage from 50GB to TBs.

• rootroot OG
    edited May 2023

They seem to apply VAT to all countries, including outside European Union.

Thanked by (2)Ympker bikegremlin

How are you... online?

edited May 2023

@rubenmdh said:

@Ympker said:

@rubenmdh said:

@root said:

@Ympker said:

Can you give some feedback regarding the dedi? Which one did you get? :)

Maybe show some screenshots of the options you have for custom iso or any additional options in dedicated cp?
    Also YABS, ofc. If I can think of anything more, I'll let you know. Feel free to post here, or create a seperate thread in case you think you are gonna write up a bit more and you feel like a seperate discussion would be beneficial :)
    If it's gonna be a seperate thread, tag me :P Thanks in advance!

Just ordered a lifetime Rootserver (Germany) in addition to my Lifetime LXC (Finland), now that we can upgrade to latest OS with Netboot (thanks @rootnet !).
    I already ordered a 30 day prepaid rootserver with ZAP Coins to try things out, but was gonna buy a rootserver eventually, anyway, however I would have just waited for them to add new distros and idle meanwhile. With @rootnet method, I might put it to use earlier :P

@ialexpw said:

@rubenmdh said: Model is Intel Xeon E5-2640v2 - 64 GB - 1x 500 GB.

That's the one I'm also looking at too...

@somik said: That's a old CPU. Even v3 is now considered obsolite. Even v4 are no longer used in many datacenters...

It seems like near enough all are obsolete for the lifetime servers, although it's not really surprising as they would have been just old/cheap stock. Even if it lasts ~2 years it would work out to be around £21 p/month which is a bargain already.

That's another thing I was wondering. If dedi dies, do you get replacement? I guess not?

As for LXC, I feel most "safe" in that regard, as there's no CPU defined during purchase and I guess if host nodes get upgraded/migrated, you just get the new hw. As for my lifetime rootserver, technically I booked a E5-2650v2, but since it's virtualised, I trust they have enough nodes with that CPU left, or will upgrade if they phase it out.
    As for Dedi, would be interesting to know what happens if it dies. That said, as you mentioned, even 2-3 years will be a bargain.

@root said:
    They seem to apply VAT to all countries, including outside European Union.

VAT is a topic all providers seem to handle differently. Iirc, Netcup was also doing their own thing sort of.
    My take is that people/clients and providers rarely agree on how VAT is handled and it's a topic that usually doesn't lead to much, when addressed. That said, it is what is. People outside EU are paying more at this point it seems.

edited May 2023

@Ympker said: That's another thing I was wondering. If dedi dies, do you get replacement? I guess not?

I would have thought you would - as the hardware would be in different "states" I wouldn't have thought it would be fair as a server could potentially die tomorrow or 5 years from now. It does state hardware monitoring is included so I would guess (?) it would be replaced.

Might need to confirm via them before I'd order though.

edit:

Had a reply;

Hey, you will not pay any further costs. Broken hardware will be replaced. :)

Thanked by (1)Ympker

edited May 2023

@ialexpw said:

@Ympker said: That's another thing I was wondering. If dedi dies, do you get replacement? I guess not?

I would have thought you would - as the hardware would be in different "states" I wouldn't have thought it would be fair as a server could potentially die tomorrow or 5 years from now. It does state hardware monitoring is included so I would guess (?) it would be replaced.

edit:

Had a reply;

Yeah, I also feel according to german law you would likely need to get some sort of compensation/replacement.
    If you clarify via ticket (or live chat; they do have live chat now), can you share the info? :)

Edit: that happens when you don't read a post in full. Thanks for the upadte!
    That does sound like a decent deal then. I mean, even if the HW is old, you can still do lots of stuff with that CPU power and specs.

Wait until @MikePT gets lifetime dedi to sell lifetime shared hosting hehe :D
    Sorry, mate. Had to tag you now :tongue:

Thanked by (1)ialexpw

@Ympker said:

@ialexpw said:

edit:

Had a reply;

Yeah, I also feel according to german law you would likely need to get some sort of compensation/replacement.
    If you clarify via ticket (or live chat; they do have live chat now), can you share the info? :)

It's tempting based on that to go for it, although it's a shame it's only 1x SSD - I asked, but it's not possible to add anything in after purchasing the server.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@ialexpw said:

@Ympker said:

@ialexpw said:

edit:

Had a reply;

It's tempting based on that to go for it, although it's a shame it's only 1x SSD - I asked, but it's not possible to add anything in after purchasing the server.

Get a second server and rsync.. shhh..I didn't say that.
    But yeah, it's tempting, although for me Rootserver/LXC is enough.
    If you get a lifetime Dedi with heaps of IP though, or would use it to sell shared hosting/nat vps this could work fine :P

Thanked by (1)ialexpw

@Ympker said: If you get a lifetime Dedi with heaps of IP though, or would use it to sell shared hosting/nat vps this could work fine :P

I'll probably grab one or two extra IP's with it as it's a one-time fee, might be a good server to experiment with nat VPS as I haven't really delved into that too much!

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@ialexpw said:

@Ympker said: If you get a lifetime Dedi with heaps of IP though, or would use it to sell shared hosting/nat vps this could work fine :P

I'll probably grab one or two extra IP's with it as it's a one-time fee, might be a good server to experiment with nat VPS as I haven't really delved into that too much!

Yeah, also wanted to experiment with NAT on my dedi running PVE, however, Virtualizor also seems tempting as they are usually very happy to set NAT/Network config up for you. At least last time I asked them (years ago).

Thanked by (1)ialexpw