Routed License? Any Thoughts?

Got an advertisement on email (spam) about routed license. It offers cPanel, WHMCS, etc.
Seems the web is not finished yet.

Any thought on this? Is this even possible?
https://cheaplicense.shop/announcements/1/what-is-a-Routed-license.html

Comments

  • edited June 20

    Huh? I have no clue why would that be necessary? Sounds sketchy as well.

    Like they fetch the license for cpanel to your server trough their system. What?

    Sounds more like they are pushing nulled cpanel etc.

    EDIT: And now its showing this:

    Welcome to WHMCS!

    Before you can begin using WHMCS you need to perform the installation procedure. Click here to begin...

    LOL. Nah, skip.

    I swear to drunk Im not god

  • Spam ...... Avoid it

    Dentistry is my passion

  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith AdministratorHosting Provider

    They are selling you other peoples licenses on vulnerable servers, technically it is possible to have another server answer your license validation request if you route it, it can really mess with other peoples servers though.

    Dodgy as hell.

    Thanked by (2)Dazzle SmallWeb

    Inception Hosting - 256MB OpenVZ VPS back in stock for €8.00 p/year - DEDICATED IP4 + /64 IPv6 https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=177
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

  • @serv_ee said:
    Huh? I have no clue why would that be necessary? Sounds sketchy as well.

    Like they fetch the license for cpanel to your server trough their system. What?

    Sounds more like they are pushing nulled cpanel etc.

    EDIT: And now its showing this:

    Welcome to WHMCS!

    Before you can begin using WHMCS you need to perform the installation procedure. Click here to begin...

    LOL. Nah, skip.

    Weird, I saw the date it is 2019 whet the article posted. Now gone.

    The idea is questionable, but interesting.

    "Is it possible to activate a license through a server and distribute the functionality to another server?"

    I'm no expert at this, please enlighten me.

    @Chievo said:
    Spam ...... Avoid it

    Not gonna to buy it.

  • @AnthonySmith said:
    They are selling you other peoples licenses on vulnerable servers, technically it is possible to have another server answer your license validation request if you route it, it can really mess with other peoples servers though.

    Dodgy as hell.

    You have any idea why would that even be beneficial? I can't figure out any.

    I swear to drunk Im not god

  • @serv_ee said:

    @AnthonySmith said:
    They are selling you other peoples licenses on vulnerable servers, technically it is possible to have another server answer your license validation request if you route it, it can really mess with other peoples servers though.

    Dodgy as hell.

    You have any idea why would that even be beneficial? I can't figure out any.

    Imho, the chance to use only a license to bunch of servers.

  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith AdministratorHosting Provider

    @serv_ee said:

    @AnthonySmith said:
    They are selling you other peoples licenses on vulnerable servers, technically it is possible to have another server answer your license validation request if you route it, it can really mess with other peoples servers though.

    Dodgy as hell.

    You have any idea why would that even be beneficial? I can't figure out any.

    Beneficial to who?

    To them, because they get free money without any outlay because they are stealing other peoples licenses, to the people stupid enough to pay because they save 70% on license fees.

    Thanked by (1)SmallWeb

    Inception Hosting - 256MB OpenVZ VPS back in stock for €8.00 p/year - DEDICATED IP4 + /64 IPv6 https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=177
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

  • AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

    it is similar to those websites selling cheap unlimited cpanel licences (I saw a post abot it on let). everything works & updates, but you cannot verify your license on cpanel as it's not genuine

  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith AdministratorHosting Provider

    @Abdullah said: everything works & updates

    for now.

    Inception Hosting - 256MB OpenVZ VPS back in stock for €8.00 p/year - DEDICATED IP4 + /64 IPv6 https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=177
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

  • AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

    Yes for now.

  • Why cPanel is not talking legal actions against them? Or something like DMCA notice etc.

    ⚆ ͜ʖ ͡⚆ Thanked by (1281): verjin

  • Depending where they are from...one could care less.

    I swear to drunk Im not god

  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith AdministratorHosting Provider

    @verjin said:
    Why cPanel is not talking legal actions against them? Or something like DMCA notice etc.

    They probably are, these clowns only popped up a little while ago though and legal stuff takes time and you have to assume the people selling them are not exactly law-abiding citizens to begin with so it will take more than a "plz sthap" to take the site down.

    Inception Hosting - 256MB OpenVZ VPS back in stock for €8.00 p/year - DEDICATED IP4 + /64 IPv6 https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=177
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

  • Seems legit. Would buy from them 10/10

    I swear to drunk Im not god

Sign In or Register to comment.