The time has come - LES new admin

Comments

• Sure, why not. I nominate @AnthonySmith.

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• I nominate @Mason, @seriesn and @FAT32
    Why: All 3 have proved to be level headed, moderate and made positive contributions to the communities they participate.

PS: @Falzo and @Ympker would also be good options, but they have opted out above.

• I nominate: @WSS @Mason @seriesn
    Why: Just because I trust them captaining this ship and everything on board.

I would definitely include @FAT32 in the lineup but I'm afraid having LET+LES at any of the peak or festive seasons would be too much for him. He's already lacking sleep at times and having LES in addition to what he already has might jeopardize his performance. :) But if he's up for it, then I'm more than happy.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• seriesnseriesn OG
    edited February 2021

My 2 cents, if may add,

• Please let the admin have someone to fall back on (a second or even 3rd moderator). While admin has the ultimate power, it should never be a dicktatorship (see what I did there?)
    • While thankfully, we are still a super civil community. But as the community grows, it will come to a point where things needs to be handled a bit strongly. But at the same time, unless batalant spamming happens, no one should be banned at one persons call. End of the day, mods are human. Humans can get overwhelmed by emotion. Thus a group vote for banning regular users with Toxic behavior is most welcome.
    • Whoever the admin/mod becomes, they should be able to smell bullshit from miles away. This is a web hosting/service related community but at the same time, this is also a marketplace. Keeping this community clean from pump and dump scam artists and protecting our members should be top priority.
    • There should be a transparency on who the mod/admin is. I understand that there's a concern of personal well being and getting spammed via pm and what not, but at the same time, ghost captains feels a bit icky. This forum was built based on transparency and mutual trust.
    • Add help desk and integrate that with Report system? Would be happy to donate towards the development fund. This would make moderation easy.
    • I know in the past you have mentioned that keeping providers in the mix is a bad idea, but as this is also a "market place" having someone with the other side insight would only help with cutting down bullshits.

With all the above said, I vote

• @Mason cause he seems extremely level headed.
    • @vyas same thing, level headed, by default gives everyone the benefit of doubt.

The above two also proven to be non biased and community oriented. Actually contributes to the community. I don't see either of them getting corrupted easily. The above two are also responsible adult. And I can see them having genuine interest in growing the community or even promote it.

If you are accepting providers into the mix, @Francisco as an advisor/mod is a great idea. While doesn't post much, he is always observing.

I have 0 intention of being an admin. Too much responsibilities. Too much at risk. Don't want to let anyone down. I am however, always happy to help. Regardless of my role as a mod or regular user :)

• Moderator should not be already a mod in that other green forum. Conflict of interest.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • Also should not have a hosting company that competes in low end segment.

• @deank said:
    Also should not have a hosting company that competes in low end segment.

I disagree that would chop off the best candidates. I see it as, a forum is kind of business it needs a good business manager.

• The main reason LET has become crooked the way it has become is due to the reason.

Thanked by (1)Lee

• @deank said:
    The main reason LET has become crooked the way it has become is due to the reason.

Actually. LET was initially "fucked" by a non provider named Joel. The rest is just non lubricated colon.

As I said before, transparency is the key. LET wouldn't be as bad as it is today, if it wasn't due to under the table deals and taking advantage of unsuspecting users. (Whole BF bs, giving CC host unfair advantage over the rest, blah blah).

Thanked by (1)Nekki
  • NekkiNekki OG
    edited February 2021

@deank said:
    The main reason LET has become crooked the way it has become is due to the reason.

LET became crooked because of crooked people, not because the folks who ran it also ran a hosting company.

• Which goes back to a point one.

A mod should not have a hosting company. An admin, I guess, can't be helped, but the rule should apply to mods.

• @seriesn said: LET wouldn't be as bad as it is today, if it wasn't due to under the table deals and taking advantage of unsuspecting users. (Whole BF bs, giving CC host unfair advantage over the rest, blah blah).

Yes and no, the 'team' was corrupt and that was not as a result of Joel selling to CC or even CC themselves. Even when I was Mod the money, gifts and services I was being offered to get a provider in LEB, unbanned, a thread that didn't sink and so on. It was acceptable to make those offers to me as previous admin/mods had been receiving and accepting anything on offer. CC was no angel but they knew and accepted what the mods were doing. It all made it what it was, everyone was complicit. No, I accepted nothing.

• @Lee said:

@seriesn said: LET wouldn't be as bad as it is today, if it wasn't due to under the table deals and taking advantage of unsuspecting users. (Whole BF bs, giving CC host unfair advantage over the rest, blah blah).

Yes and no, the 'team' was corrupt and that was not as a result of Joel selling to CC or even CC themselves. Even when I was Mod the money, gifts and services I was being offered to get a provider in LEB, unbanned, a thread that didn't sink and so on. It was acceptable to make those offers to me as previous admin/mods had been receiving and accepting anything on offer. CC was no angel but they knew and accepted what the mods were doing. It all made it what it was, everyone was complicit. No, I accepted nothing.

Ditto. Transparency. The key is transparency. We don't need people who are politically correct but who can say fuck off with a straight face.

• @deank said:
    Which goes back to a point one.

In your head that may be the way it equates, but that’s not factual.

• I don't need transparency. Anyone with a working brain can easily see when something starts to rot. I mean it starts to smell.

Now that @AntGodFish has no company, LES has a chance to break the circle. Choose clean mods.

Thanked by (2)yoursunny willie

• @Lee said:

@seriesn said: LET wouldn't be as bad as it is today, if it wasn't due to under the table deals and taking advantage of unsuspecting users. (Whole BF bs, giving CC host unfair advantage over the rest, blah blah).

Why did no fucker ever offer me freebies to do shady shit?

• @deank said:
    I don't need transparency. Anyone with a working brain can easily see when something starts to rot. I mean it starts to smell.

Now that @AntGodFish has no company, LES has a chance to break the circle. Choose clean mods.

To be frank, you would be an amazing member of the mod group. You can actually tell people to fuck off with a straight face.

Thanked by (2)vimalware FrankZ
  • seriesnseriesn OG
    edited February 2021

@Nekki said:

@Lee said:

Didn't the boy from crack nerd offer you money to get picture of someones mum?

• @seriesn said:

@Nekki said:

@Lee said:

Didn't the boy from crack nerd offer you money to get picture of someones mum?

That was last week, not whilst I was a mod.

• @seriesn said:
    To be frank, you would be an amazing member of the mod group. You can actually tell people to fuck off with a straight face.

I can but that ain't the point.

@Leee will do a better job.

• @Nekki said: Why did no fucker ever offer me freebies to do shady shit?

Well, I think when I moved to get rid of Spirit and a couple of other things happened people were way more nervous about making requests for favours. I would like to think I at least influenced some positive change over there.

• Anyway, my opinion on the purpose of this thread for all it's worth.

This site in my view has already peaked in terms of a forum, so although people are throwing names around largely based on "he's a good guy" type of view, the question should be more about 'what will a new admin bring to move it forward'.

Anyone can be a caretaker admin and if that is what the site needs then it makes the decision easy, pick virtually anyone.

If people want more, better, different and the forum to survive beyond a few regular contributions then it needs to be someone that can not only bring that but commit to delivering. That needs to be someone who has time to offer.

It sounds like there is income going to be available to the admin so that should demand a driver, not a passenger to replace @AnthonySmith

Thanked by (3)seriesn mikho Mason
  • @Lee said:

@Nekki said: Why did no fucker ever offer me freebies to do shady shit?

Well, I think when I moved to get rid of Spirit and a couple of other things happened people were way more nervous about making requests for favours. I would like to think I at least influenced some positive change over there.

Well maybe, but I was a mod long before Spirit spit the dummy and deleted his posts so it doesn’t explain why the offers weren’t flowing beforehand. All I ever got offered was a free GVH VPS :-(

• @Lee said:
    Anyway, my opinion on the purpose of this thread for all it's worth.

This site in my view has already peaked in terms of a forum, so although people are throwing names around largely based on "he's a good guy" type of view, the question should be more about 'what will a new admin bring to move it forward'.

Anyone can be a caretaker admin and if that is what the site needs then it makes the decision easy, pick virtually anyone.

If people want more, better, different and the forum to survive beyond a few regular contributions then it needs to be someone that can not only bring that but commit to delivering. That needs to be someone who has time to offer.

It sounds like there is income going to be available to the admin so that should demand a driver, not a passenger to replace @AnthonySmith

100% agreed. We need a visionary supreme leader. Maybe even community driven initiatives. I know Antman had some great plans :)

Thanked by (2)Lee vimalware
  • I nominate:

@Hxxx said:
    Now for real I nominate ... and @yoursunny

You want to do push-ups for CAPTCHA instead of clicking on boats and bicycles?

@thedp said:
    I would definitely include @FAT32 in the lineup but I'm afraid having LET+LES at any of the peak or festive seasons would be too much for him. He's already lacking sleep at times and having LES in addition to what he already has might jeopardize his performance. :) But if he's up for it, then I'm more than happy.

Rumor says @FAT32 is a super intelligent bot that does not need any sleep.
    They can make accurate decisions without bias that exists in humans.
    There have been numerous attempts to bribe them with legendary deals but none has been successful.

@deank said:
    Also should not have a hosting company that competes in low end segment.

What if it's an individual, not a company, that competes in low end segment?

Thanked by (2)Ympker Not_Oles

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• I did reject my mod at LET so I will reject the same on LES.

• @Neoon said:
    I did reject my mod at LET so I will reject the same on LES.

So at this stage, basically only @Mason has a vote and hasn’t ruled himself out, right?

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

I will pop my nominations on early next week with reasons

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• The end is nigh.

Thanked by (1)Brueggus

• NekkiNekki OG
    edited February 2021

@deank said:
    The end is nigh.

Do you ever consider there's maybe a better use of your time than posting that phrase into internet forums? I'm not suggesting there is, I'm just asking if you've thought about it.

This discussion has been closed.