MaxKVM is superb and I like it, but..

First of all, I am a university student and i see MaxKVM have promotion code for my student mail which is a huge offer for me. I tried the SKVM-4G ones in singapore, pretty far so good, experimenting things and setting up some projects for my group and startup. The connections superb, I can't asked for more.

As the time passes, I need to order another servers in Singapore for my own project but i can't find one. So I asked the support about that. The reply is crystal clear, but the next lines is somewhat unnecessary. I am still in learning phase, but this one, I would never forget. Ever.

Sorry for my awful english.

Thanked by (2)MaxKVM Ganonk

Comments

• i laughed at the part "you have been deemed a retard unqualified"
    better luck with your next provider.

• @ehab said:
    i laughed at the part "you have been deemed a retard unqualified"

Yeah, Thank you ;)

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • @MaxKVM What did OP do ;)

• @dosai said:
    @MaxKVM What did OP do ;)

WHY the embarrassments!

• Why to ban someone for stupid reason?
    From their ToS:

7 – Cancellation, Suspension, and Termination
    7.1 – Requests for immediate cancellation are processed automatically at 6:00 AM PST the next morning.
    7.2 – Requests for end of billing cycle cancellations are processed automatically at 6:00AM PST on the next due date.
    7.3 – All service related data and backups are destroyed and any associated IP addresses are released back to the management system as soon as a cancellation is processed. The service and data cannot be restored.
    7.4 – The remaining balance of the service’s billing cycle is automatically deposited to the client’s account credit balance when a service is canceled prior to its due date.
    7.5 – A service is taken offline and disabled from power on/off when an account is suspended. The service and data will not be made available until the account suspension has been resolved.
    7.6 – All service related data and backups are destroyed and any associated IP addresses are released back to the management system as soon as a cancellation is processed. The service and data cannot be restored.

could it be a hidden 7.7. etc.?

From their Privacy Policy:

3 – Account Status
    3.1 – Any account with at least one active service is considered to be of Active Status.
    3.2 – Accounts considered to be Active Status will receive emails related to active services, support tickets, maintenance and general announcements.
    3.3 – An account with no current services is considered to be of Inactive Status.
    3.4 – Accounts considered to be Inactive Status will receive emails related to support tickets, and may receive general announcements.
    3.5 – Any account considered to be Inactive Status may request Closed Status if and only if there do not exist unpaid or overdue invoices on the account.
    3.6 – An account will enter Closed Status following 12 months without active services, support tickets, or logins.
    3.7 – Remaining account credit is permanently removed when an account enters Closed Status.
    3.8 – Closed Status accounts will not receive any emails and may be changed back to Active or Inactive Status by sending a request to the billing team.
    3.9 – If an account remains in Closed Status for more than 6 consecutive months then the account and all associated data may be removed.

or a hidden 3.10. etc.?

• What was the initial ticket, we missing some context here.

Thanked by (1)bdl
  • @bsh said:
    Why to ban someone for stupid reason?

Maybe in here?
    1.3 – MaxKVM may cancel or suspend your access to MaxKVM services at any time and for any reason without notice. Upon cancellation or suspension, the customer immediately releases all rights to use the service and may not have access to data following the suspension of service. The customer is always responsible for all backups of any data used with any active service. A customer is entitled to a partial refund of services equal to the number of days left in the agreement prior to termination if and only if said services were canceled by administrative action without cause.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • edited March 2021

@Mew said:
    What was the initial ticket, we missing some context here.

I asked "why the option for singapore is gone when I want to request new service order?", something like that. I am so sorry I can't provide the Screenshot of my ticket I sent since my account already closed by them. The Screenshots I sent comes from my email.

• @kuroneko23 said:

@bsh said:
    Why to ban someone for stupid reason?

Maybe in here?
    1.3 – MaxKVM may cancel or suspend your access to MaxKVM services at any time and for any reason without notice.

Good luck to you. You have one there. Currently 94.1397% uptime. I will check your status link regularly.

• MaxKVMMaxKVM Hosting Provider

@dosai said:

Looks like they asked why they couldn’t order Singapore.

@dinoudon your account is reactivated and your bandwidth has been doubled because this thread is absolutely hilarious

• edited March 2021

@bsh said:

Good luck to you. You have one there. Currently 94.1397% uptime. I will check your status link regularly.

Should be 100% since I ordered the VPS on midnight and have no time to set it up so I turned it off and forget about it for some days :P

@dinoudon said:

I asked "why the option for singapore is gone when I want to request new service order?", something like that. I am so sorry I can't provide the Screenshot of my ticket I sent since my account already closed by them. The Screenshots I sent comes from my email.

I guess they're tired from people asking about Singapore availability in tickets and you're unlucky. Good luck finding another provider.

• Provider moment :trollface:

Thanked by (2)ehab dinoudon
  • Get me some popcorn..

• @MaxKVM said:

@dosai said:

@dinoudon your account is reactivated and your bandwidth has been doubled because this thread is absolutely hilarious

Thank you for your reply.
    I've checked and its reactivated, thank you.
    Actually this makes me sad, laugh, and confused at the same time :#

Thanked by (3)ehab AlwaysSkint kkrajk
  • @kuroneko23 said:

@bsh said:

Should be 100% since I ordered the VPS on midnight and have no time to set it up so I turned it off and forget about it for some days :P

@dinoudon said:

I guess they're tired from people asking about Singapore availability in tickets and you're unlucky. Good luck finding another provider.

yeah, seems like that and I didn't know that Singapore are pretty popular

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

Looks like Alex needs a Xanax or a Snickers

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• @dinoudon said:

Considering the spec, location, and price with EDU50, it's absolutely cheap (for me anyway).

• @ehab said:
    i laughed at the part "you have been deemed a retard unqualified"

I think it's inappropriate for the provider to ban a user for simply asking about stock situation.
    Not every user knows the market.

@kuroneko23 said:

@dinoudon said:

Considering the spec, location, and price with EDU50, it's absolutely cheap (for me anyway).

I have LUMPOFCOAL, $1.50 for 1GB RAM.
    It's eligible for Singapore but I'm staying in Amsterdam.
    Amsterdam location has a direct connection to AMS-IX, and serves most of Europe as well as India efficiently.

My March push-ups report NDN Video Streaming over QUIC has some measurements on serving videos over QUIC protocol, and Europe (mainly served by a gateway in MaxKVM Amsterdam) is the best performing region.

Thanked by (2)MaxKVM kkrajk

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

what the fuck?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:
    what the fuck?

Exactly.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• No offense to OP, but we'll need to see more than just MaxKVM's reply.

What your exact initial request was, and if possible, with a screenshot.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @thedp said:
    No offense to OP, but we'll need to see more than just MaxKVM's reply.

Since my account has been reactivated, thus I can screenshot it

• @dinoudon said:

@thedp said:

You sure that’s all you asked? Was there any other requests or replies you’re filtering out?

You’ll have to be transparent since you’re taking this matter public.

• @dinoudon said:

@MaxKVM said:

@dosai said:

So you will stay there despite being called stupid?

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

Two things...

If we're banning for "Stupid" I'll expect my letter in the post any day now!

Also.. wish I had balls as big as that :D

• @thedp said:

@dinoudon said:

@thedp said:

You sure that’s all you asked? Was there any other requests or replies you’re filtering out?

You’ll have to be transparent since you’re taking this matter public.

This is the full ticket for this matter. I have the other ticket asking about education mail, but that has been closed long ago.

Thanked by (4)Mason AlwaysSkint miu umzak
  • to save time/drama ; Alex had a bad day after she dumped him and this OP made him break in tears.

Thanked by (1)dinoudon
  • @imok said:

@dinoudon said:

@MaxKVM said:

@dosai said:

So you will stay there despite being called stupid?

I can't think much to migrate right now since my files still there and been pretty hectic about the startup which my friend have preparing for end of April (Originally i am a mobile devs, so finger-cross for managing servers!). So yeah, for now I will stay :#

• edited March 2021

I have nothing but positive things to say about maxkvm. Have a singapore VPS with them that has 3TB transfer which is an absolute steal at 6$. Initially, I selected a wrong location due to my excitement of 50% edu discount. But the support quickly resolved it. Have not been able to find a better value VPS in singapore than this

@yoursunny said: LUMPOFCOAL

Wish this was available.

Thanked by (1)MaxKVM
This discussion has been closed.