MaxKVM is superb and I like it, but..

Comments

• @ehab said:
    to save time/drama ; Alex had a bad day after she dumped him and this OP made him break in tears.

If that’s true, as a person, as provider and as a professional business, all that’s required was a sorry, anywhere in his reply.

My 2 cents.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• For some unknown reason, this is very funny. Good they've reactivated your account. Lol

• @dinoudon said:

@thedp said:
    No offense to OP, but we'll need to see more than just MaxKVM's reply.

What your exact initial request was, and if possible, with a screenshot.

Since my account has been reactivated, thus I can screenshot it

You should've written "Thank You" in a new line.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@thedp said:

@ehab said:
    to save time/drama ; Alex had a bad day after she dumped him and this OP made him break in tears.

If that’s true, as a person, as provider and as a professional business, all that’s required was a sorry, anywhere in his reply.

My 2 cents.

Aye. An apology, some self-reflection, changes to prevent this from happening again are pretty minimal effort and go a long way towards resolving these sorts of issues. Others will eventually see this thread and think to themselves that they have to walk on egg shells or face the wrath of an overeager support tech.

I've seen a lot of dumb questions and support tickets, but a customer asking if a location is out of stock is pretty insignificant in my eyes.

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• @thedp said:

My 2 cents.

He introduced himself to the community by being kind of an ass. Why is this a surprise?

• @skorous said:

@thedp said:

My 2 cents.

He introduced himself to the community by being kind of an ass. Why is this a surprise?

Well I can't quite recall that but whatever.

You can't go back to change the beginning/start but you can do something now for tomorrow. In other words, what you say now will reflect upon you and your business in future.

Thanked by (2)Dazzle Sahu1990

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @skorous said:

The second summer is coming.
    https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/33967/#Comment_33967
    Maybe we'll get EPYC 7003 series on new nodes.

Rumor says you can unlock extra superb service if you order with promo code ADD35.

For $999/year, you can also get a personal support agent.
    He's not allowed to sleep and your ticket will be sent to him in morse code by electric shock.

Thanked by (1)ariq01

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• :'(
    So you will stay there despite being called stupid?

Personal hobby: collect vps in various regions.

• wtf

• edited March 2021

@dev said:
    wtf

never heard of March madness!

• I suspect that it was a disgruntled support agent...

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.

• Perhaps the ticket was filed under "Technical support" and not under "Sales"? (Or something like this.)

In any case, it was a clear overreaction on the part of the support person.

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• Well, he only called him "unqualified", nothing like this RunCloud support rep.

No, I'm neither the customer nor the rep.

Thanked by (1)ariq01
  • Alex Lee had a PMS. That's all.

Thanked by (4)yoursunny lentro Erisa miu

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• @deank said:
    Alex Lee had a PMS. That's all.

No excuses.

He's responding to a customer, not his *friend IRL.

Thanked by (3)Lee Wolveix Sahu1990

• You shouldn't response like that to your friends in real also.

PMS is a deadly condition for males.

• @Mason said: Others will eventually see this thread and think to themselves that they have to walk on egg shells

more likely not. seeing this simply leads to a big NO on every future consideration of this provider.

a first level support agent should not have the power to decide over the faith of a client in that way to begin with. a ToS that singlesided allows the provider to cancel a service without reason is the second NO anyway.

• MaxKVMMaxKVM Hosting Provider

Why is this thread still up @Mason? The issue has already been resolved.

• Not resolved in my eyes.

And this should forever remain open.

• I mean, this is the low-end part of the world. These kinds of events can be shrugged off easily by many members here. Even the host replies to say he thinks it is hilarious. It's not.

Personally, I think the initial response was bad enough and then labelling a customer as stupid is really a step too far whatever the reason. You have to wonder what else this host does/says on other clients.

Unfortunately, though this kind of event is not that uncommon at this level of the market, it is what it is I guess. Another reason I don't use 99% of providers here.

• @MaxKVM said: The issue has already been resolved.

is it?

while I agree that you responded in the only possible way by restoring the service and access for your client and offering compensation the real issue is a different one.

did you talk to your employee about his reasons to act like he did? this most likely is annoying as hell, but you could see it as an opportunity to think about how to prevent that from hapening again...

Thanked by (1)Sahu1990
  • MaxKVMMaxKVM Hosting Provider

There will be no further discussion or explanation from this account in this thread.

• @Lee said:

is the 1% you use inceptionhosting :) ?

Thanked by (1)Lee
  • There is even a chance that this "Alex Lee" is MaxKVM himself right here.

• edited March 2021

@MaxKVM said:

with all humor aside consider this thread might discourage new clients by making replies like your last two.
    we are a big family here, we are not like the other site. u know that.

• @MaxKVM said: There will be no further discussion or explanation from this account in this thread.

That's hilarious.

• edited March 2021

@MaxKVM said:
    There will be no further discussion or explanation from this account in this thread.

Hi @MAlexLee

Thanked by (1)miu
  • MasonMason AdministratorOG

@MaxKVM said:
    Why is this thread still up @Mason? The issue has already been resolved.

Sorry mate, but this isn't a support ticket, it's a discussion forum so that's not how this works. Additionally OP posted this as a review (of sorts), so the only person I'd accept a thread close request from would be from the OP himself/herself, but they are under no obligation to do so.

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• @Lee said:

@MaxKVM said: There will be no further discussion or explanation from this account in this thread.

That's hilarious.

There was also no (public) apology (unless I missed it).

Thanked by (3)Lee Sahu1990 Islantay

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• @ehab said: is the 1% you use inceptionhosting ?

Well, maybe a bit more, BuyVM and Ramnode as well.

Thanked by (1)ehab
This discussion has been closed.