Kimsufi and SoYouStart BlackFriday deals

Some pretty nice offers this year. No idea what stock they have, but the price seems to be valid until you cancel the contract. So not just first month.

https://www.kimsufi.com/en/servers.xml
https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/essential-servers/

Kimsufi:

SYS:

«1

Comments

  • There is a bandwidth lottery on Kimsufi, lot of people are getting 100up/1000down, in FR. Solid Deal.

  • canada yabs:

    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2021-10-09                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    
    Mon Nov 22 16:00:38 UTC 2021
    
    Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v2 @ 3.70GHz
    CPU cores  : 8 @ 3700.000 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 31.2 GiB
    Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk       : 1.8 TiB
    
    fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    ---------------------------------
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 857.00 KB/s    (214) | 12.69 MB/s     (198)
    Write      | 895.00 KB/s    (223) | 13.30 MB/s     (207)
    Total      | 1.75 MB/s      (437) | 26.00 MB/s     (405)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 50.15 MB/s      (97) | 55.81 MB/s      (54)
    Write      | 53.01 MB/s     (103) | 59.68 MB/s      (58)
    Total      | 103.17 MB/s    (200) | 115.49 MB/s    (112)
    
    iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 94.0 Mbits/sec  | 902 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 94.1 Mbits/sec  | 894 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 93.1 Mbits/sec  | 896 Mbits/sec  
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | 71.1 Mbits/sec  | 552 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 96.8 Mbits/sec  | 940 Mbits/sec  
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 94.8 Mbits/sec  | 887 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 93.9 Mbits/sec  | 906 Mbits/sec  
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 89.9 Mbits/sec  | 781 Mbits/sec  
    
    iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    ---------------------------------
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 93.1 Mbits/sec  | 889 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 92.8 Mbits/sec  | 882 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 91.9 Mbits/sec  | 882 Mbits/sec  
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | 72.9 Mbits/sec  | 552 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 95.3 Mbits/sec  | 927 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 93.4 Mbits/sec  | 890 Mbits/sec  
    
    Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    ---------------------------------
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 869                           
    Multi Core      | 3466                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/11140027
    
  • And my BF is done! Got a dedi I can hold on for a while, and move quite a few VMs to. :blush:

    Processor : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X - 8c/ 16 t - 3.9GHz / 4.5GHz
    Memory : 64 GB DDR4 ECC 2666MHz
    Storage : 2 x 960 GB SSD NVMe Soft RAID
    Public bandwidth : 1Gbps unmetered
    €69.99 ex. VAT/month
    
  • edited November 22

    IMO, unless you plan on running a gazillion VMs on a single box and thus are in need of fast memory i.e. DDR4, the SYS BF deal is shit TBH, since LET-wise (i.e., cost/performance-wise), the regular (albeit, seemingly constantly out of stock) SYS2(SSD/HDD) deal is much better (at the very least, it's a lowend Hetzner auction killer I guess...)... but the Kimsufi BF deal is really nice if you don't need as much resources! (and the cost/performance is even better - it's more than double for only about 50% more money per month, compared to the legendary Kimsufi KS7 BHS deal from a while ago: https://www.kimsufi.com/us/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=1804sk181 )

  • @K4Y5 said:
    And my BF is done! Got a dedi I can hold on for a while, and move quite a few VMs to. :blush:

    Processor : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X - 8c/ 16 t - 3.9GHz / 4.5GHz
    Memory : 64 GB DDR4 ECC 2666MHz
    Storage : 2 x 960 GB SSD NVMe Soft RAID
    Public bandwidth : 1Gbps unmetered
    €69.99 ex. VAT/month
    

    how is that related to SYS/Kimsufi?

  • K4Y5K4Y5 OG
    edited November 22

    @Falzo said:

    @K4Y5 said:
    And my BF is done! Got a dedi I can hold on for a while, and move quite a few VMs to. :blush:

    Processor : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X - 8c/ 16 t - 3.9GHz / 4.5GHz
    Memory : 64 GB DDR4 ECC 2666MHz
    Storage : 2 x 960 GB SSD NVMe Soft RAID
    Public bandwidth : 1Gbps unmetered
    €69.99 ex. VAT/month
    

    how is that related to SYS/Kimsufi?

    Its an OVH Deal. Same family?
    https://www.ovh.ie/black-friday/

    Thanked by (1)Falzo
  • Funny that EU gets blackfriday deals but not the US region :/

  • ehabehab Content Writer

    FR , old disk but cpu makes up for it

    Model Family:     Hitachi/HGST Ultrastar 7K4000
    9 Power_On_Hours          0x0012   092   092   000    Old_age   Always       -       60499
    9 Power_On_Hours          0x0012   092   092   000    Old_age   Always       -       58236
    
    RAM : DDR3 ,  Error Correction Type: Multi-bit ECC , Speed: 1600 MT/s 
    
  • @K4Y5 said:

    @Falzo said:

    @K4Y5 said:
    And my BF is done! Got a dedi I can hold on for a while, and move quite a few VMs to. :blush:

    Processor : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X - 8c/ 16 t - 3.9GHz / 4.5GHz
    Memory : 64 GB DDR4 ECC 2666MHz
    Storage : 2 x 960 GB SSD NVMe Soft RAID
    Public bandwidth : 1Gbps unmetered
    €69.99 ex. VAT/month
    

    how is that related to SYS/Kimsufi?

    Its an OVH Deal. Same family?
    https://www.ovh.ie/black-friday/

    ah thanks. that was a genuine question btw - because I did not check on OVH til now, I really did not get it ;-)

    you could have been clearer from the start ;-) ;-) ;-)

    Thanked by (1)ehab
  • ehabehab Content Writer

    now after the Kimsufi .... i think BF is over for me too.

    Thanked by (2)vish localhost
  • @ehab said:
    now after the Kimsufi .... i think BF is over for me too.

    Yah, doubt anything truely LE pops up. I hope I'm wrong

  • On the KS-LE, "special offer valid for entire commitment duration" means non-recurring, right? So prepay for 1 year and get the discounted price for 1 year, but the second year reverts to higher pricing?

  • @seanho said:
    On the KS-LE, "special offer valid for entire commitment duration" means non-recurring, right? So prepay for 1 year and get the discounted price for 1 year, but the second year reverts to higher pricing?

    Pretty sure it's recurring even when choosing to pay monthly.

    Thanked by (1)seanho
  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Hosting ProviderOG

    Anyone mentioning old disks - if they're anything like the 2 in one of my Hetzner servers they'll hit 78,000 hours and reset back to zero lol.

    Thanked by (3)Falzo localhost dahartigan

    VM Specialist - Custom, managed and storage VM solutions.

  • @Mr_Tom said:
    Anyone mentioning old disks - if they're anything like the 2 in one of my Hetzner servers they'll hit 78,000 hours and reset back to zero lol.

    when they hit 78,000 hours they will be sold to some Romanian provider :D

  • @Falzo said:

    @K4Y5 said:

    @Falzo said:

    @K4Y5 said:
    And my BF is done! Got a dedi I can hold on for a while, and move quite a few VMs to. :blush:

    Processor : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X - 8c/ 16 t - 3.9GHz / 4.5GHz
    Memory : 64 GB DDR4 ECC 2666MHz
    Storage : 2 x 960 GB SSD NVMe Soft RAID
    Public bandwidth : 1Gbps unmetered
    €69.99 ex. VAT/month
    

    how is that related to SYS/Kimsufi?

    Its an OVH Deal. Same family?
    https://www.ovh.ie/black-friday/

    ah thanks. that was a genuine question btw - because I did not check on OVH til now, I really did not get it ;-)

    you could have been clearer from the start ;-) ;-) ;-)

    No worries mate :wink:

    Thanked by (1)Falzo
  • KS-LE configurations on ovh explictly states '100Mbit/s bandwidth'

  • KS-LE kills the legendary KS-7 deal overall, depending on your use case..

    GFW Protection Up to 1 IP change per month for MJJs

  • Got one from KS!

  • Can confirm; I ordered one on 1-month, went through the motions of renewing, and the rate is still 15EUR/mo. I'm seeing about 200Mbps in and 100Mbps out, even from BHS-3 to BHS-1. Motherboard is X9SRE/X9SRI. Drives have 39k and 41k hrs; HUS724020ALA640.

  • NeoonNeoon OG
    edited November 23

    @Mr_Tom said:
    Anyone mentioning old disks - if they're anything like the 2 in one of my Hetzner servers they'll hit 78,000 hours and reset back to zero lol.

    @dahartigan said:
    KS-LE kills the legendary KS-7 deal overall, depending on your use case..

    Depends, still got a KS-7 aka KS-3C but with the specs of KS-10 aka KS-4C and half the price of a KS-3C
    Still I think about buying in.

    Thanked by (1)dahartigan
  • @Neoon said:

    @Mr_Tom said:
    Anyone mentioning old disks - if they're anything like the 2 in one of my Hetzner servers they'll hit 78,000 hours and reset back to zero lol.

    @dahartigan said:
    KS-LE kills the legendary KS-7 deal overall, depending on your use case..

    Depends, still got a KS-7 aka KS-3C but with the specs of KS-10 aka KS-4C and half the price of a KS-3C
    Still I think about buying in.

    It's out of stock right now. Maybe they will do some refills.

  • @vish said:

    @Neoon said:

    @Mr_Tom said:
    Anyone mentioning old disks - if they're anything like the 2 in one of my Hetzner servers they'll hit 78,000 hours and reset back to zero lol.

    @dahartigan said:
    KS-LE kills the legendary KS-7 deal overall, depending on your use case..

    Depends, still got a KS-7 aka KS-3C but with the specs of KS-10 aka KS-4C and half the price of a KS-3C
    Still I think about buying in.

    It's out of stock right now. Maybe they will do some refills.

    Lots of folks probably just ordered and unpaid... so new stock should be released...

  • @localhost said:

    @vish said:

    @Neoon said:

    @Mr_Tom said:
    Anyone mentioning old disks - if they're anything like the 2 in one of my Hetzner servers they'll hit 78,000 hours and reset back to zero lol.

    @dahartigan said:
    KS-LE kills the legendary KS-7 deal overall, depending on your use case..

    Depends, still got a KS-7 aka KS-3C but with the specs of KS-10 aka KS-4C and half the price of a KS-3C
    Still I think about buying in.

    It's out of stock right now. Maybe they will do some refills.

    Lots of folks probably just ordered and unpaid... so new stock should be released...

    No, unpaid orders are not reserved from stock.

  • ehabehab Content Writer
    edited November 23

    @Neoon said:
    No, unpaid orders are not reserved from stock.

    so pay now your orders?

  • @ehab said:

    @Neoon said:
    No, unpaid orders are not reserved from stock.

    so pay now your orders?

    what?

  • ehabehab Content Writer

    @Neoon said:

    @ehab said:

    @Neoon said:
    No, unpaid orders are not reserved from stock.

    so pay now your orders?

    what?

    i read you had ordered and not paid for some invoices!

    Thanked by (1)mikewazar
  • @ehab said:

    @Neoon said:

    @ehab said:

    @Neoon said:
    No, unpaid orders are not reserved from stock.

    so pay now your orders?

    what?

    i read you had ordered and not paid for some invoices!

    I said, next week I will decide.

  • @Neoon said:

    @ehab said:

    @Neoon said:

    @ehab said:

    @Neoon said:
    No, unpaid orders are not reserved from stock.

    so pay now your orders?

    what?

    i read you had ordered and not paid for some invoices!

    I said, next week I will decide.

    A gambling man, I see ;)

    GFW Protection Up to 1 IP change per month for MJJs

Sign In or Register to comment.