[StackSocial] KeepSolid Lifetime VPN - 5 Device - $15 USD ($20 CDN)

Hey!! it's been a while..
Figure I'd start here by sharing a VPN deal I found on redflagdeals, which I think is pretty decent for the price.
here is the link to the offer:

forums.redflagdeals.com/stacksocial-keepsolid-lifetime-vpn-5-device-15-usd-20-cdn-2356966/

link to stacksocial: promo code VPNFEB15

https://stacksocial.com/sales/vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription

They dont stack, so for new users only!!

Thanked by (4)sonic Ympker Ark FreeBSD

Comments

• So... is there any red flags on the deal?

Thanked by (3)Lee vyas uptime
  • @FAT32 said:
    So... is there any red flags on the deal?

Punny you ask.. lol..
    Not really a redflag, but kinda annoying is the restrict on 5 devices. But really i only use it the occasional time to watch netflix and its fine for that

"Restrictions: use on up to 5 devices simultaneously; you can deactivate devices at any time (1 per week), to free a slot for a new device to have 5 total activated at a time"

Thanked by (1)FAT32
  • LeeLee OG
    edited February 2020

Do love some of the stuff on StackSocial

No, even though you say it is for 'all levels' you absolutely will not teach me how to draw that tiger like it is in the picture in just one hour. Even if I did happen to have just 6 pastel pencils lying around.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited February 2020

@Lee, If you can draw a cat, you can draw a tiger. It's just a matter of scale. Sort of :-)

Cats and other feline species are good business it turns out. Even billionaires draw cats. One sold a picture of a cat for $ 1,000 and invested in a company whose business is to draw cats. I remember seeing that episode of Shark Tank...

http://iwanttodrawacatforyou.com/

(On a side note, I would not want to call myself a web developer and sell stuff from a site with an expired SSL certificate. But hey, if he doesn't care, why should I)

@FAT32
    I have been using Keepsolid VPN for nearly 26 months now (mention that specifically because current subscription expires in Nov 2020).
    Will I consider renewing if they come back for BF? Hell yes.

I am not a fan of the 5 device rule either, but I recently set up the router at home and by far it was the easiest to configure. My old ISP had dynamic IP, current one has static. RTFM and following the steps was all I did.
    Choice of servers is good, connectivity is stable. Ivacy, for ex. disconnects after 58 minutes on my Macbook and only offers Chennai as the location, Keepsolid offers Bengaluru and Pune. Decent speeds.

Some quirks for me from India:
    a. Amazon prime does not work. Haven't tried on Netflix.

b. ExtraVM and a few other sites do not work (not even the home page).

Edit: I did not want to single out one site, but that's the only one from providers on this forum where I encountered this issue. Site and the vps... subdomain do not work (they work with Ivacy).

So I dug deeper, it is specific to specific ip within the Keepsolid network (e.g. Bengaluru, runs off of DO network). When I switched to Pune, India server, and a few others in the neighbourhood (e.g. Singapore) it was all good. Therefore, updating my above comment.

c. When I travel outside the country, I have to choose a server from India to be able to watch the shows I have downloaded on my phone. Else most apps simply delete the content. This is not a VPN provider's issue, but still....and this is a complete contrast of the first point I mentioned.

d. The one week waiting period: I made the mistake suggested to my Father In Law to install the app on his android phone (one of the five slots). Long story short- three days later he wanted to delete it, because he could not use his phone 'the normal way'. It upset him when he learnt that he had to wait another 4 days before deleting. During that period, the VPN remained on. I had to bear the consequences of my helpful nature in more ways than one.

@Ympker any thoughts to add/share? (other than the mention of your fine comparison of VPN services : https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/17/ultimate-vpn-speedtest-comparing-windscribe-pro-ivacy-fastestvpn-pia-nordvpn-openvpn-udp-speed )

Squats are the new Push-ups

• @Lee

Well, if you've already got the pencils.. give it a go! It's actually bundled free with learn to draw a cat, dog and some other stuff.

I will leave it here in case someone is interested.
    https://stacksocial.com/sales/learn-how-to-draw-freebie-bundle

• @vyas

I was gonna buy ivacy but some of the comments about it was pretty negative.. Good thing I did not.
    I wish windscribe still sells lifetime. regret missing out on that one.

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • I’m using VPN Unlimited for 4 years now and I’m still happy with them. Speeds are good (better than NordVPN which I used simultaneously for 2 years). The 5 device rule is not really a show stopper for me.

Thanked by (2)earl Ympker
  • I have both Ivacy & Vp unlimited. But in terms of reliability & service I vote for keepsolid VPN unlimited.

Especially in India, for Pune location they're using "leapswitch networks" it works far better than Bangalore "DO".

But anyhow their layman terms regarding "No log policy" remain confusing.

Anyway at the end of the day, vpn unlimited does it job as it says.

In Invacy it's a total different story, in their Android app the connection still remains unstable & sometimes it hangs,but in their chrome/Firefox extension their services are pretty decent.

Anyhow expecting good & stable speed in these providers remaim still in out of hands bcz of their dirt cheap pricing.

Thanked by (2)earl Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited February 2020

@earl said:
    @vyas

I was gonna buy ivacy but some of the comments about it was pretty negative.. Good thing I did not.
    I wish windscribe still sells lifetime. regret missing out on that one.

Tbh I can't complain about Ivacy but overall I think KeepSolid is more stable (Ivacy browser extension is great though) , although as others mentioned the way they enforce the device restriction sucks (Ivacy checks concurrent devices, KeepSolid total devices and can only removd 1 per week). That being said if it's really just your own devices there shouldn't be too much of an issue here. Since it was getting annoying for me, still, I upgraded for 14,99$ one time fee to 10 devices after having used it since 2016. It is worth mentioning that out of all the Lifetime VPN plans I have purchased (Ivacy, KeepSolid, FastestVPN, Windscribe Pro, R4AW VPN, Getflix) only KeepSolid and FastestVPN don't show an expiry date in the client area. Ivacy/Windscribe and others show smth like "One time" but also an expiry date in some 5-10 years after which you need to contact support manually to renew and I haven't seen yet how that goes. For Ivacy I'll see that in some 1-2 years.

Thanks for sharing though as I had missed the deal being busy with life and a friend still wanted it (I already have it see my review in the sig). So thanks :)

Thanked by (3)earl deepak_leb sonic
  • Good deal, just got one!

Thanked by (2)Ympker earl
  • How's windscribe pro ? @Ympker

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @deepak_leb said:
    How's windscribe pro ? @Ympker

da best

• Should have brought ? but slipped & missed

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • elliotcelliotc OG
    edited February 2020

@earl said:

@FAT32 said:

Punny you ask.. lol..
    Not really a redflag, but kinda annoying is the restrict on 5 devices. But really i only use it the occasional time to watch netflix and its fine for that

"Restrictions: use on up to 5 devices simultaneously; you can deactivate devices at any time (1 per week), to free a slot for a new device to have 5 total activated at a time"

There are actually a way to bypass the limit... but I am not gonna announce the bug.

Action and Reaction in history

edited February 2020

@deepak_leb said:
    How's windscribe pro ? @Ympker

It's awesome :) Probably the best of all the VPNs I have tried. I like it more than Nord even.

@elliotc said:

@earl said:

@FAT32 said:

Punny you ask.. lol..

There are actually a way to bypass the limit... but I am not gonna announce the bug.

If you mean just setting up VPN on router and connect unlimited devices, that's not a bug. That's an allowed use case :)
    But anyway, with my 10 device limit right now I don't have any issues.

KeepSolid is love: I just asked them whether they do deactivate inactive (lifetime) accounts like Ivacy/Windscribe apparently would if you wouldn't open a ticket in time:

Chat started: 2020-02-23 10:25 AM UTC

(10:25:53 AM) Nico: hello
    (10:26:01 AM) *** Alecs joined the chat ***
    (10:26:04 AM) Alecs: Hello.
    (10:26:08 AM) Nico: Hello Alecs :)
    (10:26:10 AM) Alecs: How can I help you today?
    (10:26:27 AM) Nico: In my account interface it says "last used: 52 days ago at 10:23 AM"
    (10:26:36 AM) Nico: should I be worried about account being deactivated for inactivity?
    (10:26:44 AM) Alecs: No.
    (10:26:54 AM) Alecs: We do not deactivate due to inactivity.
    (10:26:59 AM) Nico: Thanks ;)
    (10:27:23 AM) Nico: Does that also apply to Lifetime accounts? Because I have a lifetime account and would hate if it was accidently deactivated
    (10:28:05 AM) Alecs: Yes, it applies to all accounts.
    You can leave the service and use it anytime you need later.
    It is active for you for lifetime, 100 years technically.

This is why I - even though I currently prefer using WS Pro/Ivacy - will always love KeepSolid. It was my first LTD VPN I bought during my travels in Australia&New Zealand and it has never let me down. Neither their staff nor service was ever bad or unreliable. It's just that WS Pro and Ivacy Browser Extension are more convenient to use right now due to extra features of WS, and "connected device" count by Ivacy.

Thanked by (1)sonic
  • Managed to grab one, so far so good from Malaysia ISP :)

Thanked by (2)Ympker earl

@Ark said:
    Managed to grab one, so far so good from Malaysia ISP :)

You can generate manual configs in your user area :)

Thanked by (1)Ark
  • @Ympker said:

@Ark said:

Thats on my to do... so far super frustrated With ivacy windows app....browser extension works tho

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Squats are the new Push-ups

@vyas said:

@Ympker said:

@Ark said:

Thats on my to do... so far super frustrated With ivacy windows app....browser extension works tho

The Windows app works for me right now, but is buggy at times. I basically only use Ivacy extension (for streaming). Otherwise Windscribe :)

• @Ympker care to share the Windscribe for a day ?

@deepak_leb said:
    @Ympker care to share the Windscribe for a day ?

No, sorry. They have a trial and free plan though.

• Alright @Ympker

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @deepak_leb said:

Just sign up and verify email, you get 10gb free.. Then use coupon code EXPAND20 and you account will be upgraded to 20GB/month free. I just checked the coupon still works!

Thanked by (2)Ympker deepak_leb

@earl said:

@deepak_leb said:

Just sign up and verify email, you get 10gb free.. Then use coupon code EXPAND20 and you account will be upgraded to 20GB/month free. I just checked the coupon still works!

I also used to have a REDDIT50 (50GB) acc ;D

Thanked by (1)earl
  • Only(?) catch is that they nag/spam you by email if you want to keep promos.

• edited February 2020

@Lee said:
    Do love some of the stuff on StackSocial

No, even though you say it is for 'all levels' you absolutely will not teach me how to draw that tiger like it is in the picture in just one hour. Even if I did happen to have just 6 pastel pencils lying around.

You get a tablet, set it to full brightness and no screen sleep, open the tiger image, put it on a table, (optionally cover it with a thin glass plane if you have one laying around), put a sheet of paper on it, get a pencil, gently overlay the lines and contures of the tiger.
    There.

PS: Repeat 50 000 times until you teach your neural network to work without additional help.

Thanked by (1)AlSwearengen
  • @Ympker said:

@earl said:

@deepak_leb said:

I also used to have a REDDIT50 (50GB) acc ;D

Same, i have a 50gb free.. They also had a 60 GB promo not that long ago.. but its expired now.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @flips said:
    Only(?) catch is that they nag/spam you by email if you want to keep promos.

Not really.. they don't make you sign in or loose your account type thing. I signed up maybe 2 yrs ago for the free account and left it idle until last month when i started using it and It's all fine.

But with the free account you don't get access to the premium/streaming locations. so no netflix and 20gb a month is more than enough for testing out their service. It's actually really great!

• Does BBC iPlayer, Hulu, CBC Go work on this?

I know Netflix does, apparently?

• @Emmet said:
    Does BBC iPlayer, Hulu, CBC Go work on this?

I know Netflix does, apparently?

Well. I can't get Netflix USA to work on Android w/ the HostSolid 'VPN Unlimited'.
    PC works, even when connected to a router with VPN Unlimited OVPN . Android devices? Nope.
    The dreaded, "You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy".

I contacted HostSolid about Android, to which they quickly replied asking for a screenshot. Sent. But they haven't responded, (2 days).

Would like to hear if others have the same Android issue.